HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by GWS CHEN, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 05:33 PM
Jet-Addicted!
United States, SC, Greenville
Joined May 2012
170 Posts
believe it or not, I'm using a 5 or 6 bladed "stock" eflite 69mm - 3600 kv, the thing is no joke I have to say.. on 3S is more than capable, on 4S ballistic. ahving said that, the real fun of the plane is not HIGH speed, but LOW speed flight. For a non-TV plane, it is a SUPER beginning-to-learn-jet-3D and high-alpha plane. (not to mention if you fly it too hard/high speed you'll rip the canards right off it).

it is a VERY light plane - many would be skeptical of it- but if it's built right, and set up right, this plane RIPS. GWS is priced very fairly, and although it's a little more work (and NOT an EPO airplane) they fly like a joy, and are very realistic and scale. I highly recommend this plane. mine's in 54a castle, 69mm eflite on 4s/2200 35c zippy or simlar. the plane hauls ass, but again, is even more a joy in the nose-up/high-alpha attitudes at low speeds. if you add a rudder, and fly is 4s it can easily hover
NickFox is offline Find More Posts by NickFox
to remove ads between posts
Old May 02, 2014, 08:33 AM
Jet-Addicted!
United States, SC, Greenville
Joined May 2012
170 Posts
Jank -= not sure if you saw my other posts, but man, this thing is KILLER. I DO NOT recommend the changesun - it's so many blades and this plane will beg you for lots of throttle variances and punches, etc -- Accordingly, I think a lesser-blade rotor is a smarter idea, and less thrust-latency too (all key reasons why I assert this).

Mine is on eflite 3600kv on 3S OR 4S -- I like flying it either way, actually. It has plenty of glide/float either way, but it definitey behaves a little differently in bank, because of the slight weight differences. canard mixing can be tinkered with to help avoid "falling out" or "picking up" out of turns, which is common when starting and flying a canard plane first time(s).

Save the changesun for something straight-jet like an F18, or albatross, etc. This J-10 is WAY too much fun for Both fast and slow flight. I added a rudder and I can almost just about hover- it is FRigging AWESOME. the GWS kit was overlooked by ALOT of people. I found it by happenstance and will be loking to acquire more kits, since as a 70mm easy-to-tote airframe, it is most certainly one of the most fun (and impressive in the air) 70mm's I know. I would say I like it more than my 70mm V2 starmax F18 70, however that's not true - I like them both equally, for different reasons.

hope that helps. Again, I highly suggest LESS blades - if not the eflite, than a HET or Wemo with a nice high Kv motor on 3S (or slightly lesser for 4s) is advisable. The plane is amazing - you will like it. DO ADD A RUDDER!

Last note: BEWARE YOUR THROWS - I set up triple rates thinking I'd reduced travel enough for low - It was a near disaster and rquired alot of skill to get it to turn without spiraliing. LOW RATES NEEDED FOR AILERONS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankomatic View Post
I have this kit, but no ducted fan or motor to power it. Can anyone recommend a fan and motor from perhaps Hobbyking that will fit in this plane?

Thanks!
NickFox is offline Find More Posts by NickFox
Old Jul 16, 2014, 02:11 PM
Dir_D_Redd
United States, GA, Clayton
Joined Jan 2010
333 Posts
My 1st GWS J-10 build and I will Start with a 6s power plant. All GWS servos even on the Canards.
dirdredd is offline Find More Posts by dirdredd
Old Jul 16, 2014, 09:42 PM
Taipei, Taiwan
Joined Oct 2005
4,688 Posts
Hi Dirdredd,

Thanks, it's nice to know that you applied all GWS servos on this GWS J-10.
The power setup shown on the pictures should give you more than enough thrust on it.

Chen
GWS CHEN is offline Find More Posts by GWS CHEN
Old Jul 21, 2014, 12:08 PM
Dir_D_Redd
United States, GA, Clayton
Joined Jan 2010
333 Posts
Thank You Mr. Chen.
dirdredd is offline Find More Posts by dirdredd