SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Aio_1, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 06, 2011, 10:09 PM
RC = FUN
United States, GA, Kennesaw
Joined Mar 2009
43 Posts
Any plans for the Morback on Letter paper?
Dingo7222 is offline Find More Posts by Dingo7222
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 25, 2011, 04:42 AM
Ireland, Kildare, Leixlip
Joined May 2002
6,441 Posts
Guys,

This thread has gotten a lot quieter as more and more F3P type planes have started becoming commercially available over the past 2 or 3 years. However I also haven't been paying as much attention to keeping it up to date for the past year or so and may have missed some plans as they appeared. If you have or know of any designs that should be included please let me know and I'll try and get it back on track.
There's also been a few threads around lately regarding micro F3P designs: Micro Afriel, Micro Index, Micro Dina and others. I know these aren't F3P planes as such, but I've no problem including them (except when they're micro versions of commercial designs unless the designer/manufacturer agrees).

If you want something added to the first 2 posts please provide the details in the thread and I'll copy the link or plan to the start of the thread. Or send me a PM if you prefer.

Aidan
Aio_1 is offline Find More Posts by Aio_1
Old Jan 25, 2011, 04:49 AM
Inspired by the wings of an An
Leeds
Joined Mar 2003
1,937 Posts
Hi Aidan,

The Micro Afriel and Micro Dina are my designs and I'm currently considering how best to deal with them. I might offer them as free plans very soon and would be able to supply CNC cut foam parts and GRP horns etc if that didn't offend the principles of the free plans

Andy
Andycap is offline Find More Posts by Andycap
Old Jan 25, 2011, 05:24 AM
Joined May 2002
6,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andycap View Post
Hi Aidan,

The Micro Afriel and Micro Dina are my designs and I'm currently considering how best to deal with them. I might offer them as free plans very soon and would be able to supply CNC cut foam parts and GRP horns etc if that didn't offend the principles of the free plans

Andy
Hi Andy,

That would be great. I thought you might kit those so wasn't sure if there would be plans. The only offence I'm worried about is providing plans without the permission of the designer (especially for commercial designs). I'm certainly not offended if the designer is offering parts as well. I might even try a set for the Dina if you do!

Aidan
Old Feb 01, 2011, 02:47 AM
Australia, QLD, Annandale
Joined May 2008
207 Posts
here is a copy of the morback and morback 4d in dxf

to print them out tiled download solid works e-drawings

morback 4d

morback
kinundrum is offline Find More Posts by kinundrum
Old Feb 04, 2011, 09:58 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2006
250 Posts
Hi all,

Introducing myself.... I've scratch built and designed and drawn plans for a long time as I am what they call a Maccy! In advertising. Basically l live in photoshop, illustrator, etc and also Solid Works, a Cad programme. I noticed a few comments about tiling PDFs and so on... Yes, it can be tricky, but only because this is what I do all day it takes me about 5 mins no fooling. I can scale convert metric to imperial, even tell you the final weight of the plane just off the design ( the programs do all that stuff).

So please, as I have a little time, if you want anything scaled, drawn in vectors or whatever, pls just send through what you have, can be PDF, DDR, dwg, ai, sldprt, I can work with any file type. The only thing of course, if it's a jpeg that's cool too ( I just re-trace) but should be flat. Also would lobe recommendation on the 'best' 4d design around.

So there you go, email is delphicrc @ gmail. Com

Cheers
Dylan_Anderson is offline Find More Posts by Dylan_Anderson
Old Feb 04, 2011, 10:16 AM
Joined Nov 2006
250 Posts
A few examples

This was the 3d file I drew before the flat plans ( out of order, sorry)

A guy is building this around a turbine (Apache 64)
Old Feb 08, 2011, 05:16 PM
B72
Arthur,Ontario, Canada
Joined Jan 2006
143 Posts
I would like to print some of these plans on my printer but there is no scale on them to tile them. Any way to do it ?
B72 is offline Find More Posts by B72
Old Feb 08, 2011, 06:30 PM
Joined Nov 2006
250 Posts
Yes, no problem. As mentioned, tiling is a little tricky to set-up, but it's just practice and now that I've worked out how to do it, it is one of the more simple jobs.

Just send what you want tiled to: Jamesdelphic@gmail.com

Do you want them scaled as well or is the size already correct? Just let me know and give me a week or so ( moving...) and I will send the back no dramas.

And to everyone else, pls send anything through. Because I have the process worked out it really is simple and I would love some recommendations on the best 4d plane and what motor you are all using.

Cheers
Old Feb 08, 2011, 07:37 PM
B72
Arthur,Ontario, Canada
Joined Jan 2006
143 Posts
The scaling on the ones I want to do is the problem. I have no idea what size they are to start with. If I knew that, I have a program that would tile them. Thanks for the offer and I might send you some in a few weeks. I think moving is more important!!
B72 is offline Find More Posts by B72
Old Feb 08, 2011, 10:09 PM
Joined Nov 2006
250 Posts
Just send them now! No dramas.

I can work out the size too easy.

Cheers
Old Feb 08, 2011, 10:10 PM
Joined Nov 2006
250 Posts
Oops

Repeated post...
Last edited by Dylan_Anderson; Feb 08, 2011 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Idiosm
Old Feb 09, 2011, 02:50 AM
Joined May 2002
6,441 Posts
Hi B72,

The plans are all in whatever formats the individual designers (or whoever subsequently drew up the plans) made them available. So some are tiled some are not, some have scales and details, while some are pretty basic. Which plans are you interested in? I might be able to point you to some information for some of them but all I know about a lot of them is what's posted here.

Dylan,

Very helpful of you!
With regard to a good 4D design - I haven't done any 4D so can't give you any personnal recommendations. The Morback 4D is purpose designed for this and should be decent. I think a few people here have tried it so they might chime in. Donatas' Arrow design looks excellent but I think it's kitted so probably no plans available. I'm pretty sure there's a thread for the Arrow in this forum where you could get plenty info on that.

Aidan
Old Feb 09, 2011, 04:59 AM
f5b-uk
United Kingdom, Dorset
Joined May 2002
3,066 Posts
Very few 4D model plans out there. The Morback 3D is a favourite at my club and as such I'd imagine the Morback 4D to be good too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aio_1 View Post
Donatas' Arrow design looks excellent but I think it's kitted so probably no plans available. I'm pretty sure there's a thread for the Arrow in this forum where you could get plenty info on that.

Aidan
A quote from Donatas's website

Sory guys but plans are not free, i spend on this plane many hours and energy since late 2006 year, till it start flying so well, so it would be nise to get something in return for sharing it. Price for plans will be only 15eur + (PayPal fee 0.86eur). For this you will get 13 pages detailed plans, 6 pages manual with main information/pictures for right equipment selection and instalation, plane assembly and radio setup. Best way to make payment for Arrow V3 plans is paypal transfer, my paypal address is donatas.pauzuolis@gmail.com .With paypal fee it will be 15.86EUR ore 22usd. After i receive payment plans and manual will be send to you by mail in PDF format (to open it you will need acrobat reader). When you make payment please mention in note section; your full name and email address where i should send plans and manual. Sending plans should not take longer than 24h, in case im near PC it will be just matter of few minutes.

Taken from near the bottom of this page

Not sure if the Arrow V3 will fly any better than the Marback 4D, but the pedigree is there and you'll have a model that very few others own.

Regards
Mike
Mike Seale is offline Find More Posts by Mike Seale
Old Feb 09, 2011, 05:20 AM
Joined Nov 2006
250 Posts
Thank you Aiden,

I found the plans for the Mor...

What I know nothing of is the engine/prop configuration that has proven the best. I tend to pay the price and get the quality bits. So, what is the preffered 4d engine? And the servo used to vary the pitch? Everything else i can work out no dramas. I have already made some mods to the 4d mor... Spoilers on the main wings controlled by 2x nano servos from the e-flight range of those planes the released. The spoilers are a slave mix to the throttle so it's the spoilers that - almost - stop the plane moving forward before the reverse pitch kicks in and makes the plane fly backwards. Why bother? Studying quite a few vids and having flown Helis, the change in direction applies quite a bit of torque on the airframe. The pro's won't tell you!!! But look very closely on a vertical dive reversed to fly backwards and up, and there is a fair amount of aileron shoved in to counter the torque!! And no question that is a slave mix. The less mixes the better, so spoilers, hopefully, should help out. I'll still need a mix but hopefully it will be a lot less than without the spoilers.

Cheers

For the control surfaces I have lots of the blue hi-tec feathers 55 & 50 ( the 50's may not be strong enough but all that will work out in time) what