HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Today, 02:35 AM
United Kingdom, Derbyshire
Joined Aug 2011
568 Posts
you're wrong, as that prosecution specifically mentioned "photo/video for a commercial purpose". the prosecution also related to dangerous flying. people recording their flights have nothing to worry about so long as they fly responsibly. also, the case you reference is only relevant in the USA - for example, in the uk, it is legal to sell photo/video from a model plane as long as it is just a consequence and not the purpose of the flight (for example, you're flying about, "witness" something newsworthy and sell that footage to the media).

anyway it's OT here
ukbren is online now Find More Posts by ukbren
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 07:43 AM
United Kingdom, Bracknell
Joined Nov 2000
11,638 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukbren View Post
for example, in the uk, it is legal to sell photo/video from a model plane as long as it is just a consequence and not the purpose of the flight (for example, you're flying about, "witness" something newsworthy and sell that footage to the media).
True, but having a camera on your aircraft does have some legal implications here - it then becomes a SUSA (Small Unmanned Surveillance Aircraft) ... which can't be flown within 50 metres of a person/vessel/vehicle/building, within 150 metres of a 'congested area', etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukbren View Post
anyway it's OT here
Agreed
Bill Glover is online now Find More Posts by Bill Glover
Old Today, 08:23 AM
More air time please!
Australia, VIC, Bayswater
Joined Sep 2013
215 Posts
without combing thru the 768 pages!

Wondering if anyone has come across the mobius jamming in photo taking mode.

I have selected to have photos taken every 2 seconds. from my photos that were saved... i could see ONLY approx 5 mins of photo. every time when i land the plane, the mobius is OFF no lights... and sometimes it gets jammed so that i have to RESET it.

other times i just turn back on and its ok.

Pls note i have 5V power from a 5A bec plugged into the USBport to keep it charged during flight.

Video recording has worked flawlessly for hours on end.

Just photo mode i am not having any luck with.... seems to jam and stop working after approx 5 mins or so
... any thoughts/solution?

cheers folks.
Hobbyzone.Au is online now Find More Posts by Hobbyzone.Au
Old Today, 08:26 AM
United Kingdom, England, Kent
Joined Dec 2010
760 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbyzone.Au View Post
without combing thru the 768 pages!

Wondering if anyone has come across the mobius jamming in photo taking mode.

I have selected to have photos taken every 2 seconds. from my photos that were saved... i could see ONLY approx 5 mins of photo. every time when i land the plane, the mobius is OFF no lights... and sometimes it gets jammed so that i have to RESET it.

other times i just turn back on and its ok.

Pls note i have 5V power from a 5A bec plugged into the USBport to keep it charged during flight.

Video recording has worked flawlessly for hours on end.

Just photo mode i am not having any luck with.... seems to jam and stop working after approx 5 mins or so
... any thoughts/solution?

cheers folks.
The first question will be, what firmware version are you using?
Different firmwares have different known problems.
If you are using V2.10, its a known problem, revert back to the last known good firmware which was V1.20
VideoKing is offline Find More Posts by VideoKing
Old Today, 08:55 AM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,140 Posts
[QUOTE=zs6bnt;29454660]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWX_ View Post
I had a white horizontal line at the top of a video I made today, it was moving up and down with what seems like the white balance. (up and down vertically on the screen, sometimes disappearing off the screen up to the top).

I also have the exact same problem.

I have rtied 1.2 and 1.7 firmware and still see the lines.

TOM - this is what I mentioned to you some time ago - I actually sent you a short clip to your private mailbox some time ago.

It seems that it is dependant on the video content and it is very hard to replicate it.

I have seen it in different modes and it is always in the first 20 or so video lines lines at the top.

Not too much of a problem but I'm glad someone else sees the same effect!

Dave.
I contacted the buyer i got my mobius from and told them that my mobius was broken.

They replied and said it was a firmware issue and will be fixed in the new release 2.17 coming out some time this week he said.

So hopefully these lines will disappear in this next firmware
stalyoni is online now Find More Posts by stalyoni
Old Today, 09:55 AM
Joined Oct 2012
25 Posts
Turnigy had just released a Mobius dedicated gimball based on the tarot controller! Really looking good:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...06_Motors.html
Maarten112 is online now Find More Posts by Maarten112
Old Today, 09:57 AM
More air time please!
Australia, VIC, Bayswater
Joined Sep 2013
215 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VideoKing View Post
The first question will be, what firmware version are you using?
Different firmwares have different known problems.
If you are using V2.10, its a known problem, revert back to the last known good firmware which was V1.20
Yes. It's 2.10

Tks for the heads up. I ll revert asap. Cheers.
Hobbyzone.Au is online now Find More Posts by Hobbyzone.Au
Old Today, 10:05 AM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janke View Post
Maybe this has been posted elsewhere, but I think it is not OT here, since the Mobius makes any flying model into a commercial aircraft (in the FAA's opinion), this might be of interest to Mobius "pilots":

http://www.scribd.com/doc/211088332/Pirker-Decision
Thanks for the "heads-up", but there are numerous threads about this issue in the main Aerial Photography Forum, of which this thread, dedicated to topics specific to the Mobius camera hardware, resides. So please, if anyone has further interest, go to those other forum threads for posting comments. This thread is already huge, and needs to avoid broader side issue discussions like this, and stay lean and mean on the topic of the Mobius camera. Sorry to be a spoil sport.
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank