Old Jan 17, 2013, 06:28 PM
St. Boondock
Joined Aug 2008
731 Posts
FL Knifemaker is offline Find More Posts by FL Knifemaker
Old Jan 17, 2013, 06:40 PM
Joined Jul 2004
3,771 Posts
Se it all on OWN tonight at 9PM, and tomorrow too.

DTV channel 279 where I'm at.
Usta Bee is offline Find More Posts by Usta Bee
Old Jan 17, 2013, 06:54 PM
St. Boondock
Joined Aug 2008
731 Posts
I wouldn't watch Oprah if you paid me. I'd rather watch paint dry. I don't need any Lance drama. Or Oprah enhanced Lance drama.
FL Knifemaker is offline Find More Posts by FL Knifemaker
Old Jan 18, 2013, 12:06 AM
Joined Jul 2004
3,771 Posts
I watched the interview.

In the first coupla minutes he admitted to using EPO, steroids, and blood boosting.

Then he admitted he lied all these years, and that he deliberately sued people who told the truth about him.

Afer that it was pretty much it.

Oprah didn't ask any hardball questions.

Lance didn't rat out any co-conspirators.

He didn't want to talk about former teammates, doctors, or anyone involved higher up.

He said he wished he'd come clean with USADA months ago, instead of lying and trying to sue them. A little bit late I'd say.

The guy is a total pathalogical liar and a slimeball. The only reason he's admitting to anything is his back is up against the wall now, and he's covering his bets for future legal action against him.

I don't believe he would EVER have told the truth on his own, and I don't believe he's telling the whole truth now.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 12:33 PM
Intergalctic Coffee Enthusiast
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Jun 2011
1,419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usta Bee View Post
I watched the interview.

In the first coupla minutes he admitted to using EPO, steroids, and blood boosting.

Then he admitted he lied all these years, and that he deliberately sued people who told the truth about him.

Afer that it was pretty much it.

Oprah didn't ask any hardball questions.

Lance didn't rat out any co-conspirators.

He didn't want to talk about former teammates, doctors, or anyone involved higher up.

He said he wished he'd come clean with USADA months ago, instead of lying and trying to sue them. A little bit late I'd say.

The guy is a total pathalogical liar and a slimeball. The only reason he's admitting to anything is his back is up against the wall now, and he's covering his bets for future legal action against him.

I don't believe he would EVER have told the truth on his own, and I don't believe he's telling the whole truth now.
He lied yet again when he said he wasn't doped up during his comeback. No way that's believable. There's evidence on the contrary, actually.

At least his fans now know who he really is. He's a bully, a liar and has caused a great many people a lot of damage.
MaddSkillz is offline Find More Posts by MaddSkillz
Old Jan 18, 2013, 12:47 PM
Reserved Parking
Joined Jun 2004
926 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddSkillz View Post
and has caused a great many people a lot of damage.
I imagine he will be notified of a number of lawsuits very soon.
P-51C is offline Find More Posts by P-51C
Old Jan 18, 2013, 01:00 PM
Joined Jul 2004
3,771 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddSkillz View Post
He lied yet again when he said he wasn't doped up during his comeback. No way that's believable. There's evidence on the contrary, actually.

That's what I think too.

There must be some kind of statute of limitations his lawyers worked out for confessing to doping from the mid-90's up until 2005, but then denying anything from 2009-2010.

I don't trust the guy at all, every time he opens his mouth he lies.

If he was sincere about coming clean he'd have done it back before the Reasoned Decision came out, and they stripped him of his Tour titles and banned him from competing in the future. The only reason he's saying anything now is his team manager Bruyneel is supposed to testify sometime in the future, and Lance knows that he'd probably get thrown under the bus and have to testify under oath admitting to cheating, and be forced to name names of everybody in the know.

Basically he's just covering his butt for future lawsuits against him.

I also believe strongly that there are people in the cycling doping governing bodies that helped him cover it up, as well as team sponsors, owners, coaches, doctors, and cycling officials in the US and abroad. He tried to say it was simple doping, but the whole thing went on for way too long without there being a highly orchestrated effort throughout the sport to hide the truth from the public at large.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 01:29 PM
Joined Jul 2004
3,771 Posts
Vindication at last for Betsy:

'Liar' Armstrong ruined our lives - former teammate (1 min 39 sec)

Betsy Andreu 'furious' at Armstrong (3 min 6 sec)

Lance Armstrong Oprah Interview Reaction: Former Friend Says 'I Could Not Believe Lance Apologized' (4 min 22 sec)
Last edited by Usta Bee; Jan 18, 2013 at 01:41 PM.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 02:47 PM
Biting ankles since '53
No Pants Island
Joined Feb 2007
2,944 Posts
All American scumball.
mr_editor is offline Find More Posts by mr_editor
Old Jan 18, 2013, 02:49 PM
Joined Jul 2004
3,771 Posts
Usta's ficticious recap of the interview:

Oprah: So Lance, when exactly when were you doping during your career ?.

Lance: From the mid 90's to 2005.

Oprah: What about during your 2009-2010 comeback ?.

Lance: Absolutely not.

Oprah: So you're saying you didn't dope at all during your comeback ?.

Lance: Absolutely not.

Oprah: How do we believe you, seeing as you lied and lied for years about your cheating ?.

Lance: THIS time I'm telling the truth !.

Oprah: But how do we know ?.

Lance: Because I just told you I was telling the truth.

Oprah: So because you SAY you're telling the truth NOW we're supposed to believe you ?.

Lance: Yes.

Oprah: Let me ask you one more time, and this time I want the REAL truth. Did you dope during your 2009-2010 comeback ?!.

Lance: mmmmmm............................no.

Oprah: Lance, that didn't sound sincere at all !. I'm going to ask you one last time to tell the REAL truth. Did you dope during your comeback ?!!!.

Lance: mmmmmmmmmmm....................................... ...........yeah, I guess I did.

Oprah: OMG Lance, you just flat out LIED to me two times in a row before you finally told the real truth !!!!.

Lance: Yeah, I guess I did. Isn't it scary ?. I mean I'm sitting here looking you straight in the eye, and I'm flat out lying the whole time, and yet I feel no remorse whatsoever !. I've gotten so good at lying to EVERYONE over the years that it just comes naturally now. I don't even have to think twice about it.

Oprah: You're like a total pathalogical liar now !.

Lance: Yeah, I guess I am.

Oprah: How did you become so good at lying ?. I mean, you're sitting here right in front of me looking me in the eye and bald-faced flat out LYING to me and I can't even tell. You're such a convincing liar !.

Lance: Well, I found the hardest part was convincing all those cancer patients and the people that donated money to Livestrong. I mean, you go meet some sick person that's dying from cancer, and they ask you if you ever cheated during your career, what are you going to do, tell the TRUTH ?. THAT was the hard part there, convincing somebody with a terminal illness that I hadn't really doped at all, and trying to keep a straight face the whole time.

Oprah: How could you do that ?!.

Lance: Well, the first few times you have to lie to a cancer patient it's really hard. Then after the first few dozen it becomes progressively easier. God, I must have met HUNDREDS of those people during the first year of Livestrong. After lying to all those many terminally ill people for such a long time you just develop a knack for lying, and after awhile you you just get really really used to doing it. It's like putting on your socks in the morning, it's just a matter of habit, you don't really have to think about doing it.

Oprah: How on earth could you have the ball to lie to terminally ill people ?!.

Lance: I see what you did there, but I won't comment on it, I'm used to the nut jokes by now. Anyways, to answer your question, I lied to them so I could continue to get donations through Livestrong.

Oprah: You lied about doping so people would continue to fund Livestrong ?. What was your motivation there ?.

Lance: You see with the whole Livestrong deal I could hide behind the cancer patients and use them to ward off any attacks from the media trying to say that I was doping.

Oprah: But you just admitted you WERE doping during that period, so what the press was really saying about you was actually true !.

Lance: Well, yeah, but I could use the cancer patients as a shield to deflect their attacks against me. Anytime the media said I was doping all I had to do was bring up my Livestrong foundation, and my work with cancer patients, and public opinion would make it look like by attacking me the media were attacking cancer patients too. We had it all down pat too, there was either two things you could be, either pro-Lance, or pro-cancer. If you attack me, then that automatically makes you pro-cancer in the public's eye, and what journalist wants to be labeled pro-cancer ?. That was the key there, for keeping the media at bay all those years. Plus the lawsuits helped alot too. I mean those media guys might only be making $30-$40,000 a year, and I've got $100 million in the bank, nobody messed with me because I could bankrupt them through lawsuits.

Oprah: That has got to be the most astonishing public admission I've ever heard, that you actually used Livestrong to help cover up the truth about the doping charges !.

Lance: Hey now, the whole purpose of Livestrong wasn't ALL about covering up the doping charges, I had other reasons for creating Livestrong too.

Oprah: Like what ?.

Lance: I had use of the Livestrong corporate jet to fly around in for free. It came in pretty handy when you needed to get from place to place quickly, like when trying to avoid doping testers. Also it impressed the heck out of my friends to fly them around with me all over the place, and it helped me pick up chicks too. Do you seriously think Sheryl Crow would've dated a bike racer that DIDN'T own a corporate jet ?. I mean, she used to date Clapton for awhile, and that guy's got some serious cash. Ain't no way I'm getting a piece of tail like that driving around in the minivan I use when I'm with the kids and the ex-wife !. Plus I had this sweet deal all worked out where I used my personal credit card to pay for gas for the jet, and Livestrong reimbursed me for it, then I collected bonus awards on my credit card for all the gas I charged on it. I got all KINDS of free stuff for that. Heck, I'm even paying for my extended recent stay in Hawaii avoiding the media with all the bonus awards I got on my credit card !.

Oprah: Lance, you're UNREAL !. I can't believe you've done all this stuff, and lied about it the whole time, and have absolutely no regrets about ANY of it. Not only that, but you lied to ME several times just here tonight !!!.

Lance: Yes, but I never called you fat.

Oprah: That's IT, STOP THE TAPES, WE'RE DONE FOR THE NIGHT !!!.
Tune in Friday at 9PM to see part 2 of my interview with Lance Armstrong.

Last edited by Usta Bee; Jan 18, 2013 at 02:58 PM.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 03:19 PM
Joined Mar 2008
633 Posts
Quote:
Usta's ficticious recap of the interview:
Did you poach that from Colpo's site?
Cap_n_Dave is offline Find More Posts by Cap_n_Dave
Old Jan 18, 2013, 03:23 PM
Joined Mar 2008
633 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HELModels View Post
t's human nature to want an edge. Some take it to an extreme and disregard the rules and some are willing to work for it. The politician is going for power and influence over others because that's what turns them on and lines their pockets. The athlete is looking to gain an advantage that brings wins, prize money, endorsements, and the glory of appearing to be the best. Both cheat to get what they want and know the truth is what could bring them down. They'll use whatever tactic they can get away with to keep the truth elusive. There's nothing elite about them.
Well, there is something elite about most pro athletes ... they were born with an edge over everyone else. In Lance's case it was his cardiovascular system as measured by V02 max. Other athletes have other "talents."

The problem for these folks is when you gather all the "elites" for a competition, the playing field is much closer to being "level." Thus the need for an edge.

Throw in a radically competitive mindset along with someone motivated to "be the best" and you get someone like Lance. Or Barry Bonds. Or ... ...

Nothing new here. Next.
Cap_n_Dave is offline Find More Posts by Cap_n_Dave
Old Jan 18, 2013, 03:28 PM
Joined Jul 2004
3,771 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap_n_Dave View Post
Did you poach that from Colpo's site?
Nope, made it up all by myself.

I got bored watching last night's interview and started to think of how it REALLY should've gone.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 04:05 PM
Intergalctic Coffee Enthusiast
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Jun 2011
1,419 Posts
Quote:
That's what I think too.

There must be some kind of statute of limitations his lawyers worked out for confessing to doping from the mid-90's up until 2005, but then denying anything from 2009-2010.

I don't trust the guy at all, every time he opens his mouth he lies.

If he was sincere about coming clean he'd have done it back before the Reasoned Decision came out, and they stripped him of his Tour titles and banned him from competing in the future. The only reason he's saying anything now is his team manager Bruyneel is supposed to testify sometime in the future, and Lance knows that he'd probably get thrown under the bus and have to testify under oath admitting to cheating, and be forced to name names of everybody in the know.

Basically he's just covering his butt for future lawsuits against him.

I also believe strongly that there are people in the cycling doping governing bodies that helped him cover it up, as well as team sponsors, owners, coaches, doctors, and cycling officials in the US and abroad. He tried to say it was simple doping, but the whole thing went on for way too long without there being a highly orchestrated effort throughout the sport to hide the truth from the public at large.

Every single guy that confessed has claimed they stopped around 2005 or 6... George, Levi, Christian... I guarantee you the statute of limitations is the driving force behind those lies. What are they claiming they made some pact that year? There was so me big wave of compassion that filled the universe all the sudden and they decided - on a whim, to be honest?

It doesn't make any sense.
MaddSkillz is offline Find More Posts by MaddSkillz
Old Jan 19, 2013, 08:01 AM
Alarm Bells Continuing!
Arizona
Joined Oct 2001
276 Posts
Is anyone surprised that he's still lying?
Big Foot 48 is online now Find More Posts by Big Foot 48