SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 26, 2012, 02:47 PM
HobbypartZ Support
Joined May 2012
52 Posts
Cool
Come check out our new T-motor brushless airplane motors!

We're rolling out a new line of improved motors for all your RC airplanes building and upgrading needs. Just click on the picture or link to check them out!

http://www.hobbypartz.com/tmotor.html
Nitro_Gary is offline Find More Posts by Nitro_Gary
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 28, 2012, 06:35 PM
Former Futaba employee
Joined Aug 2006
1,178 Posts
'm sorry but some of those prices seem REAL expensive,

Is there at least a decent warranty to go along with the high price?
keyman923 is offline Find More Posts by keyman923
Old Jun 28, 2012, 08:07 PM
HobbypartZ Support
Joined May 2012
52 Posts
Certainly! There is a 30 day warranty on all our products that start on the day you receive them. Anytime within those 30 days, if there is something wrong with the product upon receipt or something happens as a result of manufacturer defect, please feel free to contact our CS department by visiting this link: http://www.hobbypartz.com/cs.html and use the form of communication you are comfortable with to let them know your concerns and we'll be glad to help you out however we can. If you need technical help, please make sure to note so during the ticket submission process or by using extension #3 if you are calling in.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 08:48 PM
Renton, WA
Joined Nov 2006
318 Posts
Where are the TACON motors ?
vashon10 is offline Find More Posts by vashon10
Old Jun 29, 2012, 01:18 PM
HobbypartZ Support
Joined May 2012
52 Posts
Hello vashon10

You can find our Tacon motors here: http://www.hobbypartz.com/taconmotor.html
Old Jun 29, 2012, 02:11 PM
Renton, WA
Joined Nov 2006
318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro_Gary View Post
Hello vashon10

You can find our Tacon motors here: http://www.hobbypartz.com/taconmotor.html
Those are just the pictures, I mean the physical entity.

http://www.hobbypartz.com/96m26-car-3650-2950.html OUT OF STOCK
http://www.hobbypartz.com/96m25-car-3650-3200.html OUT OF STOCK
(to infinity)

Seriously I want to give you a bunch of money but you are not holding up your end of the deal to stock them or do a reasonable job of providing any forecast of availability. Should we just scratch HPz off our list ?
vashon10 is offline Find More Posts by vashon10
Old Jul 01, 2012, 05:25 AM
United States, CA, Rocklin
Joined Jan 2006
1,102 Posts
Quote:
Should we just scratch HPz off our list ?
I have done just that. The price of motors increasing by 50%, supposedly due to "improved quality" (which I highly doubt), and the fact they don't know how to keep customers informed of inventories, has convinced me to purchase elsewhere.

gofish
gofish is offline Find More Posts by gofish
Old Jul 02, 2012, 03:53 AM
Former Futaba employee
Joined Aug 2006
1,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro_Gary View Post
Certainly! There is a 30 day warranty on all our products that start on the day you receive them. Anytime within those 30 days, if there is something wrong with the product upon receipt or something happens as a result of manufacturer defect, please feel free to contact our CS department by visiting this link: http://www.hobbypartz.com/cs.html and use the form of communication you are comfortable with to let them know your concerns and we'll be glad to help you out however we can. If you need technical help, please make sure to note so during the ticket submission process or by using extension #3 if you are calling in.
But here's the problem according to that link and I quote
"*** Returns, exchanges, and refunds are not allowed if the item has been used or flown

How can a customer tell if a motor or anything is bad before he uses it?

Also what is a customer to do if he or she receives this as a gift ie birthday/christmas etc. and doesn't get it till after the 30 days are up? What about people in cold climates that might take a couple months to get decent flying weather? Are you suggesting people not buy then? I'm sorry but at some of those prices 30 days is waaaaaay toooooooo short, Look at all the other dealers offering 6 months to 2 years warranty.
Old Jul 02, 2012, 01:26 PM
HobbypartZ Support
Joined May 2012
52 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by keyman923 View Post
But here's the problem according to that link and I quote
"*** Returns, exchanges, and refunds are not allowed if the item has been used or flown

How can a customer tell if a motor or anything is bad before he uses it?

Also what is a customer to do if he or she receives this as a gift ie birthday/christmas etc. and doesn't get it till after the 30 days are up? What about people in cold climates that might take a couple months to get decent flying weather? Are you suggesting people not buy then? I'm sorry but at some of those prices 30 days is waaaaaay toooooooo short, Look at all the other dealers offering 6 months to 2 years warranty.
If a motor malfunctions upon usage, confirm the malfunction with one of our technicians by either posting in our forums or contacting our tech line of customer support, and the refund/exchange will be authorized. We understand that some errors can not be determined until tested.

In regards to your second question. Unfortunately, if your concern is in regards to warranty, it might be best to only purchase the products when you are able to test them within the 30 day warranty period. And please visually inspect the product when you first receive it so as to determine if the product is without physical defect. We understand many products are ordered as gifts during the winter months, and typically offer extended warranty periods during that time of year. For example, in 2011, a warranty period of until end of January 2012 or one month (whichever was greater) was offered for orders placed from Thanksgiving till end of December 2011.

Regardless of the situation, if the need arises, please feel free to contact our customer support and we will examine your specific case to see if there is anything we can do for you.
Old Jul 03, 2012, 01:55 AM
Former Futaba employee
Joined Aug 2006
1,178 Posts
Gary
Thank you for the info, The T motors look great and I'm sure they are nice quality, I just kind of miss the Alpha series as Alpha 480 910KV was $13.99 and T series is around $63 for the same size.

Thank you again
Mark