SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 09, 2012, 02:37 PM
I like real wooden aeroplanes!
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
4,634 Posts
Progress update

I've finally finished the Mamba X2, Rabidrue has made vast strides on his 54 inch rendering of the Tom Tit, Sparks Raven is coming along and several others have build logs running. Come on the rest of you, only just over 2.1/2 months to go!
Sundancer is online now Find More Posts by Sundancer
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2012, 08:04 AM
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
4,634 Posts
Build log for my Frog Witch II started at http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...8#post20701053
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 18, 2012, 02:46 AM
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
4,634 Posts
Update

Hello Frogaholics

With 70 days to go to the end of the build off, I thought it might be appropriate to post a little update and reminder to those with models in progress - and indeed to say that there is ample time if anyone else wants to produce a model, after all Ray built TWO in less than 70 days!

Unfortunately Vega has been forced to withdraw his Frog 45 due to lack of time, hopefully he will build it later for the main 2012 build off so we might still have the pleasure of seeing it.

That leaves sixteen entries;

Five have been finished and flown - RFJ's trio of Speedy, Scamp and Gladiator, my Zephyr and Warren B's Raven.

One is finished but not yet flown, my Mamba

Nine have build logs running in various stages; RAF_BoB's Wren, Orange and White's Widgeon, Rabidrue's Tom Tit, Sparks 59's Raven, Yak 52's Chipmunk and Raven, Safelanding's Jupiter, Vega's Vanda and my Witch II, so how about some updates fellows (and that includes me!)?

And one with no build log yet. Ahem........how about it Mark???
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 18, 2012, 03:04 AM
Mt Evelyn, Melbourne, OZ
Joined Dec 2008
629 Posts
Sorry still no flying video's but I have been flying the little Raven a few more outings.
Flies well and handles quite a breeze.
Nice change to have aileron/elevator after so many rudder/elevator jobs.

Rolls, loops, barrels all good fun, but my little tinplate tank won't last inverted too long (that's my excuse anyway).

The little Oliver gets better each run, does about 12,500-13,000 on a 6x4 at the moment (and sounds just right).

A larger one for a proper Frog engine would be good fun, I have a Viper that would be great, but perhaps a little too hot for the park.
Warren B is offline Find More Posts by Warren B
Old Feb 18, 2012, 04:56 AM
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
4,634 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren B View Post
Sorry still no flying video's but I have been flying the little Raven a few more outings.
Flies well and handles quite a breeze.
Nice change to have aileron/elevator after so many rudder/elevator jobs.

Rolls, loops, barrels all good fun, but my little tinplate tank won't last inverted too long (that's my excuse anyway).

The little Oliver gets better each run, does about 12,500-13,000 on a 6x4 at the moment (and sounds just right).

A larger one for a proper Frog engine would be good fun, I have a Viper that would be great, but perhaps a little too hot for the park.
I envy you your Viper Warren. It was a much under-rated engine, my brother-in-law and I had one each back in the day, and I wish I had kept mine. We used them for 1/2A combat and 1/2A team racing, they were beautiful handling engines, not as fast in the team racer as an Ollie Cub (but not by much) but with outstanding fuel economy and range.

That little Ollie of yours is a gem!
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 18, 2012, 12:56 PM
Sic itur ad Astra
United Arab Emirates, Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi
Joined Aug 2009
1,603 Posts
Agreed. Warren's Raven looks great.
sparks
sparks59 is offline Find More Posts by sparks59
Old Feb 18, 2012, 01:54 PM
UK
Joined Jan 2009
1,248 Posts
Warren, I really like the colour scheme on the Raven! With your permission, I might pinch the idea for my rubber one (well it's made of balsa actually but you know what I mean ) I'm not sure if that would make mine a scale version of yours or if yours would be a scale version of mine?

My Chippie is taking it's time... But BOTH models will be finished.

Jon
Yak 52 is offline Find More Posts by Yak 52
Old Feb 18, 2012, 05:45 PM
Mt Evelyn, Melbourne, OZ
Joined Dec 2008
629 Posts
Thanks Yak, go ahead.
I liked the idea of black because of the Raven name, and the red kept it fairly dark too.
Looks good in the air.
Warren B is offline Find More Posts by Warren B
Old Feb 21, 2012, 05:14 AM
UK
Joined Jan 2009
1,248 Posts
Thanks Warren, I'm making some progress on the FF version.

Jon
Yak 52 is offline Find More Posts by Yak 52
Old Feb 25, 2012, 08:23 AM
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
4,634 Posts
Hi Guys

Flew the Mamba today, all OK with no issues but it is a rocket ship on 3S, I think I will be going to 2S. Full report in the build log, flying photos on the next outing I hope.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 28, 2012, 08:44 AM
United Kingdom, England, Minehead
Joined Oct 2011
122 Posts
Hope I have this in the right place/thread.

I have just started a Frog 'Centurion' for the build off. Reduced to 80% full size gives 48" span for radio and electric power. I know it's a bit late, but i'll try and finish it in time.

I will try and do a build log, haven't done one before.

Must get back to the building board!

Paul.
tooheavy is offline Find More Posts by tooheavy
Old Feb 28, 2012, 01:08 PM
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
4,634 Posts
Yes, you have the right place Paul. I've added your 80% Centurion to the list of entries in post 1, when you start your build thread I will add a link there.

Looking forward to seeing it underway, a model I have always fancied myself. Enjoy!
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 28, 2012, 01:15 PM
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
4,634 Posts
Correction in Build Off finish date

Whilst adding Paul's entry to Post 1 I noticed that I had made a mistake in the finish date quoted there, I did say seven months from October 1st 2011, but then put in the wrong finish date. Just to avoid any confusion, the finish date, at which piont I shall put up the poll, is:

30th APRIL 2012

NOT 31st March as originally printed.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 29, 2012, 07:00 AM
United Kingdom, England, Minehead
Joined Oct 2011
122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer View Post
Whilst adding Paul's entry to Post 1 I noticed that I had made a mistake in the finish date quoted there, I did say seven months from October 1st 2011, but then put in the wrong finish date. Just to avoid any confusion, the finish date, at which piont I shall put up the poll, is:

30th APRIL 2012

NOT 31st March as originally printed.
Thats a relief George!

pm sent

Paul
tooheavy is offline Find More Posts by tooheavy
Old Mar 03, 2012, 02:00 PM
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
4,634 Posts
Mark has started a build log for his elegant Venus, see post 1. So all entries now have build logs running, just two months to go, so come on folks let's see if we can get all entries finished by the closing date, should be possible.
RCG Plus Member