Old Sep 08, 2014, 07:21 PM
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,636 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimripper View Post
All day!
Didn't stick around but still awful to see,it's gonna again tomorrow
I like it....Build a big ole fire in the stove...and let her rip...already got 5 cords of Oak.....

Billy
FlyBillyFly is offline Find More Posts by FlyBillyFly
Old Sep 08, 2014, 09:44 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Sep 2004
2,576 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimripper View Post
All day!
Didn't stick around but still awful to see,it's gonna again tomorrow
Guess it depends on where you live. Down in North Carolina it's rare so it's a treat to see (as long as you're already home. Otherwise with the limited snow equipment we have, it gets treacherous quickly if we get more than a few inches. )
cjbucher is offline Find More Posts by cjbucher
Old Sep 09, 2014, 10:29 AM
Why the dirt on the wings?
New York
Joined Jan 2009
4,990 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyester View Post
For my funjet ultra i went with a HET 1w-40 3300kv motor, a CC talon 90, and a A-spec nano-tech 4s 3700mah 90 c. Plane does 150 with no problem!! Bungee launch. Plane is a beast!! Hate to see it on 6s
It wont fly well on 6 cells, unless you plan on running an EDF. Thats an extremely high kv motor you have, and I would really like to see the log from the Talon 90. Your prop must be small as a 6x4 sport on your motor pulls about 140 amps on the ground, and north of 110 in the air with a very good battery ............ the 90c battery you posted about, is that a 45/90, or a 90/180 ?
moparmyway is offline Find More Posts by moparmyway
Old Sep 09, 2014, 12:45 PM
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,636 Posts
Flew the 16/50/1.5 Mega on 8 cells this mornin....Swapped out the 45 for a 50..on the Funjet Ultra...Wind was gustin over 20 ....but I was determined to do it....Shot a video too ..but..I Was on high rates...and all over the place....hehe...I'll not post it...wasn't worth it..The guys said they noticed the difference in it than the 45...sounded good with the 6.5x6 pylon prop...I'll post a better video when I'm on low rates....hehehe...

Billy
Old Sep 09, 2014, 02:46 PM
Staffs, UK
Joined Apr 2009
3,562 Posts
Nice one Billy, glad it went ok despite the high rates.

Did you still use the 2250mah thunderpower 65/130c (2 x 4s packs) ?
feefo is offline Find More Posts by feefo
Old Sep 10, 2014, 10:39 AM
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,636 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by feefo View Post
Nice one Billy, glad it went ok despite the high rates.

Did you still use the 2250mah thunderpower 65/130c (2 x 4s packs) ?
Thanks feefo....It was just too windy to even try to Trim....I threw it....and all I could do was fly..hehe...I'd like a nicer day see if my Thrust angle and just Minor trims....But I could shore tell it had power.......Yep 65c/130 burst....but I have a 6 cell then taped a 2 cell to the side of the 6......hehe...It might not be the Best combo.... so far each cell of each Battery has the same readings when I go to place them in Storage charge after flyin...So this combo for 8 is workin for me.....

Billy

Just weighed the two as 8 cell....1lb 2 oun.
Last edited by FlyBillyFly; Sep 10, 2014 at 11:00 AM.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 08:50 AM
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,636 Posts
No flyin...I stayed up late lastnight...(9:30)..hehe..and charged batteries....woke up to 15 mph winds and drizzle....Geez...even had the video charged...Dang!...

Billy
Old Sep 12, 2014, 11:14 AM
Joined Mar 2014
84 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GryphonRCU View Post
Nice work Stef,

That is a fast bird....and sweet looking.
You did some nice work. It is always great to see cool projects.

You picked a good combination given the drag of your airframe (reported as lower drag than FJ/FJU).

In a FJ a 5.2X5.2 prop at 250-260 KPH is Very much borderline prop size if it can even reach that speed in level flight (possible I suppose). 5S and larger prop will have better prop efficiancy for FJ with that motor.....or a little lower KV motor on 6S with 5.5" diameter prop at minimum or better yet with 6+" prop.

Any data on AMPs either on ground or unloaded in flight?
Are you running a heat sink to help cool your motor?

Your large battery should be very happy. I like that.

Have fun......keep up the good work.

Gryphon
Hi Gryphon,
Sorry i did not see your message before..

Yes the combination work well. The big batterie help also the performance, and i have about 7 minutes of hard fly. Shure enlarge the prop and lower the rpm would improve efficiency, but i like rpm and sound :-)

I have no ground amps data, because when i test full throttle, i faced a very strange sound at the end of high rpm, like if the propeller stall, so i don't pushed the test but i think i'm about 80amps since i had 65amps with 4.1*4.1 prop.

I have a heat sink, inside the fuselage, as you can see on photos, i have an air inlet and 4 exhaust holes. No motor heat problems with that prop, i don't try bigger prop.

I will try to make an inboard video this week end with the new HD mobius cam, i will post on the thread of the fast delta.
The link of the thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2152681

I like big batteries and big motors to have jet style trajectories and enough time to appreciate it.

good flight.
Bye
stef France is offline Find More Posts by stef France
Last edited by stef France; Yesterday at 04:33 PM.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 04:19 PM
Buy Alot Fly Alittle
Joined Jun 2013
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stef France View Post
Hi Gryphon,
Sorry i did not see your message before..

Yes the combination work well. The big batterie help also the performance, and i have about 4 minutes of hard fly. Shure enlarge the prop and lower the rpm would improve efficiency, but i like rpm and sound :-)

I have no ground amps data, because when i test full throttle, i faced a very strange sound at the end of high rpm, like if the propeller stall, so i don't pushed the test but i think i'm about 80amps since i had 65amps wirh 4.1*4.1 prop.

I have a heat sink, inside the fuselage, as you can see on photos, i have an air inlet and 4 exhaust holes. No motor heat problems with that prop, i don't try bigger prop.

I will try to make an inboard video this week end with the new HD mobius cam, i will post on the thread of the fast delta.
The link of the thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2152681

I like big batteries and big motors to have jet style trajectories.

good flight.
Bye
looking superb!
AffiliateFleet is offline Find More Posts by AffiliateFleet
Old Sep 15, 2014, 12:53 PM
Joined Mar 2014
84 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AffiliateFleet View Post
looking superb!
Hi thanks,
Here is the link, i add two video and the inboard video is comming, i almost completly crash the airplane, but i have been very very lucky..

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2152681

bye
stef France is offline Find More Posts by stef France