Old Oct 30, 2014, 10:26 AM
Crash Test Dummy
Joined Jul 2014
302 Posts
New Product
Blade FPV Nano QX

From their Facebook page:

Blade FPV Nano QX (5 photos)
The tiny Blade® FPV Nano QX quadcopter is a totally immersive RC experience you can take everywhere. Incredibly light and surprisingly durable, the FPV Nano QX can be flown in spaces no bigger than an office cubicle. Its potent motors are smooth and Spektrum™ 2.4GHz DSMX® radio technology delivers outstanding 4-channel maneuverability. But it’s the exclusive SAFE® technology built-in that offers a quadcopter experience like no other. That’s because the specially tuned SAFE system makes sophisticated flight envelope protection possible so flying is incredibly easy and more fun-even if it’s your first time. Plus, the Spektrum™ ultra micro FPV camera is already installed which means you can get started in the short time it takes to charge the batteries.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...6217002&type=1

From the Bladehelis webpage:

http://www.bladehelis.com/Products/D...ProdID=BLH7200

Nano QX FPV RTF with SAFE

Key Features

SAFE® technology makes RC flight easy
Spektrum™ ultra micro FPV camera installed
Fat Shark Teleporter V4 5.8GHz headset with digital head tracking
SpiroNET circular polarized antenna system
Small enough to fly in any room or office
Tough, lightweight airframe with blade guards
Potent brushed motors that provide smooth and powerful lift
Ultra micro 4-in-1 DSMX® receiver/ESCs/mixer/SAFE sensor unit
Replacement rotor blades, included
E-flite® 1S 3.7V 150mAh 45C Li-Po flight battery, included
Compact USB 1S Li-Po flight battery charger, included
4-channel 2.4GHz transmitter with Spektrum™ DSMX technology
Rechargeable 760mAh 2S 7.4V Li-Po headset battery and AC charger
Zippered headset bag and lens cleaning cloth
No FCC License Required
Overview

Amazing Ultra Micro Quad
The tiny Blade® FPV Nano QX quadcopter is a totally immersive RC experience you can take everywhere. Incredibly light and surprisingly durable, the FPV Nano QX can be flown in spaces no bigger than an office cubicle. Its potent motors are smooth and Spektrum™ 2.4GHz DSMX® radio technology delivers outstanding 4-channel maneuverability. But it’s the exclusive SAFE® technology built-in that offers a quadcopter experience like no other. That’s because the specially tuned SAFE system makes sophisticated flight envelope protection possible so flying is incredibly easy and more fun-even if it’s your first time. Plus, the Spektrum™ ultra micro FPV camera is already installed which means you can get started in the short time it takes to charge the batteries.

SAFE™ Technology
The Blade® FPV Nano QX features Horizon Hobby’s newest innovation in RC flight, SAFE® technology. This revolutionary system optimizes the FPV Nano QX for precision hovering and accuracy in two flight modes.

Stability Mode
Pitch and roll limits are locked to offer a limited flight envelope while electronic self-leveling offers positive stability the instant you release the sticks.

Agility Mode
Pitch and roll limits are removed and pilots can fly with the enhanced precision AS3X® technology delivers in all aerobatic maneuvers.

Put Yourself in the Pilot’s Seat
First-Person View (FPV) with a headset creates an immersive RC experience that virtually puts you in the pilot’s seat. Live video is transmitted from a camera on the model to you so you can have the sense of flying from inside the model.

Fat Shark Headset
The Spektrum™ ultra micro FPV system installed along with the Fat Shark Teleporter V4 headset included makes it possible to virtually put yourself in the pilot’s seat right away. All you have to do is charge the batteries.

Fully-Assembled Airframe
The completely assembled airframe features a tough, lightweight design made with translucent material like the forward rotor blades. Its blade guards help make little bumps against the walls or furniture uneventful.

FPV Equipped
Spektrum™ ultra micro FPV camera system installed on the FPV Nano QX is an all-in-one FPV unit that runs tandem off the flight battery. Its operational frequency is compatible with any 5.8GHz headset such as the Fat Shark Teleporter V4.

Flight Transmitter
The Blade 4-channel 2.4GHz transmitter included with the RTF features Spektrum™ DSMX® technology. The Bind-N-Fly version can be flown with any compatible 4-channel transmitter.

Batteries
The ultra micro 150mAh 1S 3.7V 45C Li-Po flight battery powers to both the Nano QX and the FPV system. For the headset included with the RTF is a 760mAh 2S 7.4V Li-Po battery, plus (4) AA transmitter batteries.

Chargers
A USB 1S Li-Po charger is included for the 150mAh 1S 3.7V 45C flight battery. The RTF version also includes an AC 2S Li-Po charger for the headset battery.

Product Specifications

Type: Quad-Copter
Gross Weight: 0.77 oz (22 g)
Length: 5.5 in (140mm)
Motor Size: 6mm Brushed coreless
Kit/ARF/RTF: RTF
Experience Level: Beginner
Recommended Environment: Indoor/Outdoor
Is Assembly Required: No

Needed to Complete

Nothing! Everything you need to get in the air is included in the box. Just charge your battery and you're ready to fly!

Video Overview

Nano QX FPV RTF and BNF by Blade (2 min 2 sec)
EdTheEdge is online now Find More Posts by EdTheEdge
Last edited by EdTheEdge; Nov 08, 2014 at 10:55 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 30, 2014, 10:29 AM
"Furadi"
Joined Jul 2014
1,760 Posts
Take my money!
Conradm is online now Find More Posts by Conradm
Old Oct 30, 2014, 10:59 AM
Field of Dreams Flyer
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
9,745 Posts
http://www.horizonhobby.com/product/...pv-rtf-blh7200
Mikemynameis is online now Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
Old Oct 30, 2014, 11:01 AM
Joined Dec 2005
90 Posts
They will also offer a bind n fly no googles. Would be better if one had every thing but the controller.
RMSlinkers is offline Find More Posts by RMSlinkers
Old Oct 30, 2014, 11:49 AM
Joined May 2014
232 Posts
$149 BNF is actually a pretty decent price considering it has the VA1100 installed which sells for $99 on it's own. Pretty amazing flying weight of 22g as well! Only issue is the 150mah battery limiting it to 4mins flight time and this will almost certainly be overstated a little.
SOSx is online now Find More Posts by SOSx
Old Oct 30, 2014, 12:52 PM
Joined Dec 2005
90 Posts
Well if you get the headset and the BNF it would be $400 so that would work.
RMSlinkers is offline Find More Posts by RMSlinkers
Old Oct 30, 2014, 01:36 PM
United States, CT
Joined Aug 2005
1,977 Posts
So I have been flying my Nano QX (or trying to fly) with the VA1100 cam...and I can tell from experience that with my freshest 150mah batteries, I only get ~1minute before LVC.

Granted, this will be a gram or so lighter since it's not carrying the y-harness and the camera's case but it looks like not much else has changed.

So...I'm skeptical about how well this will perform.
MRGTX is offline Find More Posts by MRGTX
Old Oct 30, 2014, 01:38 PM
"Furadi"
Joined Jul 2014
1,760 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRGTX View Post
So I have been flying my Nano QX (or trying to fly) with the VA1100 cam...and I can tell from experience that with my freshest 150mah batteries, I only get ~1minute before LVC.

Granted, this will be a gram or so lighter since it's not carrying the y-harness and the camera's case but it looks like not much else has changed.

So...I'm skeptical about how well this will perform.
Maybe the blades have more pitch.. Or more efficient motors?
Conradm is online now Find More Posts by Conradm
Old Oct 30, 2014, 01:46 PM
United States, CT
Joined Aug 2005
1,977 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conradm View Post
Maybe the blades have more pitch.. Or more efficient motors?
Not sure about that...

More pitch means more amp draw which would beat up the batteries faster.

More efficient motors would be lovely but how much better do coreless motors get? It seems that the highest possible quality motors might make up a couple of percent at a given number of turns. Probably not enough to make a notable difference.

Yes, more winds in the motors (lower KV) would be more efficient but it looks like they're running the same props so that's unlikely...and besides, bigger props spinning more slowly would mean less responsiveness to corrections and inputs.

The stock motors have enough power to lift the camera...the battery seems to be the weak link. Of course if you add more battery, you're asking more of the motors.

I don't doubt that this thing will fly but I am expecting very short flights without any additional information to expect otherwise.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 03:08 PM
Insert comment here:
Placentia, CA
Joined Feb 2006
1,039 Posts
Here is the promo video
Nano QX FPV RTF and BNF by Blade (2 min 2 sec)
totalywicked is offline Find More Posts by totalywicked
Old Oct 30, 2014, 03:10 PM
Insert comment here:
Placentia, CA
Joined Feb 2006
1,039 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRGTX View Post
Not sure about that...

I don't doubt that this thing will fly but I am expecting very short flights without any additional information to expect otherwise.
I am guessing 3-4 min flight time.
I am sure they just “stripped” the model to make it as light as possible.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 03:34 PM
Have fun
United States, CA, Mission Viejo
Joined May 2007
6,284 Posts
Dammit flight mode selection is still momentary!!!!
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower
Old Oct 30, 2014, 03:59 PM
United States, CT
Joined Aug 2005
1,977 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by totalywicked View Post
I am guessing 3-4 min flight time.
I am sure they just “stripped” the model to make it as light as possible.
Have you seen a NanoQX? There's no fat to trim. I suppose you could snip off the extremely thin prop guards (which they didn't for this version) but I can't imagine that would even save you 1/3 of a gram total.

I am sure that they stripped the camera...but again, how much could that save?

On the other hand, I suspect that there are not-insignificant losses through the y-harness that comes with the standalone camera. This could very likely be one cause of premature LVC readings and the all-in-one unit will likely not have that resistance if the board is soldered.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 04:04 PM
United States, CT
Joined Aug 2005
1,977 Posts
The video looks good. They found a cool house to zip around in too!

So the clear props are a very nice touch. On my "regular" Nano QX, the yellow props are visible in the FPV image but you can still see through tem of course...though these will be way better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalywicked View Post
Here is the promo video
http://youtu.be/D4pwa4FS__4
Old Oct 30, 2014, 04:13 PM
Insert comment here:
Placentia, CA
Joined Feb 2006
1,039 Posts
MRGTX,
i am guessing camera without case is 3.5-4 grams.
NQX will have no problem lifting that... I do not think that camera needs that much juice to run..
So I think 3-4 min is realistic…

True I love the clear frame and clear leading props look

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronredbaron View Post
I'll be honest, flight time is right at 4 minutes, and it does ship with the 45c cell.…
Flight time is limited, yes, but its a must have for my fleet!
From "Spektrum Ultra Micro FPV System with Goggles" Thread