HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 23, 2014, 04:34 PM
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Joined Aug 2007
348 Posts
THANKS !!!!! THANKS !!!!! For the help.

As you must know this is my first "scale project", and without all the help you are given to me, probably I couldnīt have arrive at this stage. Wish, someday this "project" could be a final plane, as a gift for all you guys that are sharing your time, efforts and "teaching" with me.

Thanks, Pete G !!! Your information is very valuable, I`m printing it and starting to read.

Yes Shnokey I like your help !!! I must said better...I need your help !! Thanks again for all your help with the cockpit ! I`m not so sure I can get with the printed tissue for the losenge, but I will try, so I will need your losenge. I made a mistake, is not 1/10 sacle, is 1/8 scale. But wait until we all together can define the final camouflage...

Here are some ideas, after searching a lot in the web and reading some books (winsock datafile Fokker D VIII; Guttman J Naval Aces of World War 1 (Part 2)Osprey Aircraft of the Aces No 104; and Fokker Aircraft of World War I)

If I couldnīt manage to do the losenge, I will probably go with the clasic "yellow bee" version.

Cheers, Paul.
Paul Bonati is offline Find More Posts by Paul Bonati
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 23, 2014, 07:05 PM
a.k.a Maltone
Australia, NSW, Goulburn
Joined Jan 2005
6,424 Posts
I love it when forum folk go the trouble of helping a modeller in need

Choose a scheme within your capability Paul - or maybe just a little bit harder then you wont be disappointed with it. That's what I do....

Pat
Pat Lynch is online now Find More Posts by Pat Lynch
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: A New Year's Project
Old Jan 23, 2014, 07:31 PM
AKA Jon Rider
United States, MA, Holliston
Joined May 2004
924 Posts
Whatever I can do to help - I can scale any scheme you want and provide the print files, I can actually do the printing of the tissue (or other covering) and send it along or I can provide you with the stencils that you can cut out and paint the Lozenge or yellow yourself - I love to see success like this!!! - Your call - what ever you want to do! -
Shnokey is online now Find More Posts by Shnokey
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 23, 2014, 07:37 PM
Valencia, CA
Joined Oct 2002
3,397 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Bonati View Post
THANKS !!!!! THANKS !!!!! For the help.

As you must know this is my first "scale project", and without all the help you are given to me, probably I couldnīt have arrive at this stage. Wish, someday this "project" could be a final plane, as a gift for all you guys that are sharing your time, efforts and "teaching" with me.

Thanks, Pete G !!! Your information is very valuable, I`m printing it and starting to read.

Yes Shnokey I like your help !!! I must said better...I need your help !! Thanks again for all your help with the cockpit ! I`m not so sure I can get with the printed tissue for the losenge, but I will try, so I will need your losenge. I made a mistake, is not 1/10 sacle, is 1/8 scale. But wait until we all together can define the final camouflage...

Here are some ideas, after searching a lot in the web and reading some books (winsock datafile Fokker D VIII; Guttman J Naval Aces of World War 1 (Part 2)Osprey Aircraft of the Aces No 104; and Fokker Aircraft of World War I)

If I couldnīt manage to do the losenge, I will probably go with the clasic "yellow bee" version.

Cheers, Paul.
Regarding the Goerth Aircraft: The Dragon kit box shows a yellow number 3 and a yellow cowling, but the photograph shows the cowling as much darker than the number. The film used during the World War I time period tended to show yellow as a darker shade, so my thought is that the number was white, since it is so much brighter than the cowling.

If you have any black & white photos of the aircraft with the white and black triangular design on the cowlings, the white portion is probably about the same value as the number on this aircraft and brighter than the cowling in this picture.

As for the lozenge pattern, you may be able to tell by picking out the pattern of the darker colored lozenges that show up pretty well in the photo. If it corresponds to the arrangement of the darker lozenges in the fabric color samples for the four-color lozenge, it is most likely a four color pattern.

One benefit of having so little information on this plane is that once you have committed to your color scheme, it will be extremely difficult for anyone to prove you wrong!

Pete G.
P_J_Glor is offline Find More Posts by P_J_Glor
Old Jan 25, 2014, 10:13 AM
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Joined Aug 2007
348 Posts
Getting at the difficult part for me. Fixing the main wing and getting a good aligment. But before that I have more doubts...sorry guys for boring you with so many questions ...

I īve been reading other post and doing the "p clips" I have made from an aluminiun can. I will fixing the land gear with them (using 1 bolt per clip...is that ok?. Can I use only 1 bolt per clip with the wing also? Foir the wing I will be using 2-56 bolts.

Here some photos.
Thanks again, Paul.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 07:17 PM
Norfolk, England
Joined Sep 2001
7,466 Posts
Paul,
How soft is the aluminium? You might find brass strip. or even strips cut from a tin can more durable. Plus, both of those could be soldered in place to prevent possible movement.
If the aluminium is too soft there's always the risk of a knock bending it at the bolt position. Thereby undoing all your careful setting up.

Pete
PETERRAKE is offline Find More Posts by PETERRAKE
Old Jan 25, 2014, 09:02 PM
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Joined Aug 2007
348 Posts
Pete, thanks for your answer. Today, I have a lot of time for fixing the wing. The aluminium is from a "COKE" can. Iīm very happy with the aligment of the wing, but I canīt solder the aluminium to the struts...could I use epoxy for fixing the p clips to the struts?

Paul
Old Jan 25, 2014, 09:06 PM
United States, VA, Chesterfield
Joined Mar 2001
5,149 Posts
Paul you are doing a great job on your first scale model! I am impressed.
Pat Daily is online now Find More Posts by Pat Daily
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Don Srull's BE-2
Old Jan 26, 2014, 05:15 AM
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Joined Aug 2007
348 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Daily View Post
Paul you are doing a great job on your first scale model! I am impressed.
Thanks Pat, you are very kind !!!
This project could not be posible without the great help of the forum people that are making a lot of contribution on it.

Paul
Old Jan 26, 2014, 06:10 AM
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Joined Aug 2007
348 Posts
A long way done...a long way to do...

Just to see how does it look now.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 06:31 AM
Norfolk, England
Joined Sep 2001
7,466 Posts
No problems there mate, it all looks just fine.

Yes, no reason why the P-clips can't be epoxied in place on the struts.

Pete
PETERRAKE is offline Find More Posts by PETERRAKE
Old Jan 26, 2014, 07:25 AM
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Joined Aug 2007
348 Posts
Thanks Pete!