HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 04:56 PM
AMA 52726
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Jun 2005
1,573 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smeag View Post
This thread caused me to hunt high and low for this bird. A LHS had 4 now they have only three. Being an avid modeler as well I used Calle graphics to change mine. I did the squadron mate, who by the way was a rather interesting pilot. So here is my rendering of "ELSIE"........
Quote:
Originally Posted by mu5tanggt View Post
Hah, I did too!
Awesome! I love mine, and I have one spare in the closet "just in case." Nice job on the Elsie's!!!
Edge767 is offline Find More Posts by Edge767
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My Mustang's Name and Artwork
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 05:04 PM
High in the sunlit silence...
United States, CO, Greenwood Village
Joined Jun 2013
574 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smeag View Post
This thread caused me to hunt high and low for this bird. A LHS had 4 now they have only three. Being an avid modeler as well I used Calle graphics to change mine. I did the squadron mate, who by the way was a rather interesting pilot. So here is my rendering of "ELSIE"........
Nice looking airplane.

I would suggest going back and buying the other three. I fly a bunch of other planes but even if i have not flown it in awhile, this plane is the one I cannot imagine being absent from my hangar.

I have a couple spares and have been messing about with power systems and would like to customize the livery but really have no experience in that department. I assume it is not too difficult but the first time you do anything is a challenge. Any tips/recommendations? What are some of the more famous Thunderbolts?

The pilots obviously had an emotional bond to their machines (a big part of which was obviously that turbo supercharged Pratt & Whitney R-2800 Double Wasp) that they expressed with a very unique art form.

DD
dogdoc1950 is offline Find More Posts by dogdoc1950
Old Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Tennessee
Joined Apr 2009
5,540 Posts
Dogdoc its pretty easy especially with simple scheme like P-47's. I'm partial to "Hairless Joe" or whatever its called. The one with the red cowl and camofluage paint............one of the few. Maybe I should buy a spare too. Are they totally discontinued now? No airframes?
GiusedtoBe is offline Find More Posts by GiusedtoBe
Old Yesterday, 06:23 PM
Joined Jul 2014
9 Posts
Any of the 56FG wolf pack, or I like the Pacific ones (big colorful tails). Model masters aluminum matches the silver after you take off the stickers. Figure out your scheme and away you go. Calle's graphics are amazing and she has a bunch to choose from her pre mades.
smeag is offline Find More Posts by smeag
Old Yesterday, 06:26 PM
High in the sunlit silence...
United States, CO, Greenwood Village
Joined Jun 2013
574 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiusedtoBe View Post
Dogdoc its pretty easy especially with simple scheme like P-47's. I'm partial to "Hairless Joe" or whatever its called. The one with the red cowl and camofluage paint............one of the few. Maybe I should buy a spare too. Are they totally discontinued now? No airframes?
Airframes are pretty scarce. Check Amain Hobbies. They were showing a due date on backorder. They might get them.
dogdoc1950 is offline Find More Posts by dogdoc1950
Old Yesterday, 06:36 PM
Joined Mar 2011
633 Posts
Amazon.com

They have free shipping on items over $35
Barrett_G is offline Find More Posts by Barrett_G