HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by bobepine, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 07:06 PM
United States, NJ, Fairfield
Joined Jan 2012
93 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
I just found these 8045 props on ebay. I ordered a set to see how the quality is.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/8x4-5-Prop-R...item337dcea379
mactek is online now Find More Posts by mactek
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 17, 2012, 07:30 PM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Trader Rating: 30
Don't they have a 7s out now
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
Old Nov 17, 2012, 07:41 PM
United States, PA, Slatington
Joined Sep 2010
1,882 Posts
Trader Rating: 82
hey guys "gothelirc" has the gemfan carbon/nylon props in 8x4.5 for 1.50 each .i buy all my props from this place now .he is in AZ so i get my props in 3-4 days tops .
you can order singles to if you just need certain ones .
give em a try

http://www.gothelirc.com/shopdisplay...cat=Propellers

ps- he sells the kk2.0 also for 39.99 and no 3 week wait from china .for that put kk2.0 in the search field .
happy flying
helizrnew2me is offline Find More Posts by helizrnew2me
Old Nov 17, 2012, 07:47 PM
United States, FL, Bradenton
Joined Jan 2012
316 Posts
Trader Rating: 36
Do the carbon/nylon props hold up better in crashes than the regular nylon props?
overmyhead is online now Find More Posts by overmyhead
Old Nov 17, 2012, 08:02 PM
United States, PA, Slatington
Joined Sep 2010
1,882 Posts
Trader Rating: 82
not exactly ,they are stiffer ,they will break,whereas the nylons will bend more before breaking .
but carbon /nylon wont flex as you fly under high rpm`s .less flex better performance and if you do video less flex is more desirable too .
just a preference of mine maybe but those nylon blades just seems so flimsy to me ,and very thin near the edges .
helizrnew2me is offline Find More Posts by helizrnew2me
Old Nov 18, 2012, 12:35 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,751 Posts
Trader Rating: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCrashTestDummy View Post

Chris I'm pretty sure you got room for one more build... LOL!

-Pat
Sure, I'll take your order. But last one for now.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 18, 2012, 12:37 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,751 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahb View Post
Will the KK2 boards have the latest firmware? Thanks
I added this question to the FAQ on page 1 of this thread.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 18, 2012, 03:33 AM
Finding Creative Ways To Crash
Joined Jun 2012
448 Posts
Trader Rating: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
Sure, I'll take your order. But last one for now.

Best,
Chris
I've said it before, I'll say it again....You're the best!

I have an idea that should work for the both of us. It should be less work for you, and a lower cost/risk for me. Let me know what you think. Mine flies so well, I simply don't want to sell it to help cover the cost of a new one. So with that said, what I want is just a set of arms long enough to get me 800mm total. That way I can use all the stuff I already have, just swap the arms out. If it turns-out I don't like it that big I can always go back to 400mm and I won't be out much money.

The Armattan 800 is ALIVE!

If you have on hand the necessary male/female bullet connectors needed to extend the leads from the ESC's to the motors, I would like to get those from you as well. (12 set's total) Heck better yet, If you're interested/willing I would be more than happy to pay you to make the extensions yourself....You haven't seen my soldering job's yet...If you had you would understand why I ask...Hahahahahaa!

Whatever you think the best way is to go, just let me know and PM me the price. I'll have the money sent ASAP!

Thanks,

-Pat
RCCrashTestDummy is offline Find More Posts by RCCrashTestDummy
Old Nov 18, 2012, 09:45 AM
Carlsbad, New Mexico
Joined Feb 2004
169 Posts
Trader Rating: 15
Chris, on my quad (356mm) I have the D2822/12 1800kv motors. Will the new cnc quads have the same motor or will it be a different kv?

I don't mind sacrificing a bit of performance for extended flight time. This quad has excellent performance btw.
noahb is online now Find More Posts by noahb
Old Nov 18, 2012, 09:58 AM
Carlsbad, New Mexico
Joined Feb 2004
169 Posts
Trader Rating: 15
For my order, if you have some of the 1800kv motors, you can use them on mine. Performance is outstanding and if I ever need more power I can always upgrade. Let me know what you think.

Thanks
noahb is online now Find More Posts by noahb
Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:10 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,751 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCrashTestDummy View Post
I've said it before, I'll say it again....You're the best!

I have an idea that should work for the both of us. It should be less work for you, and a lower cost/risk for me. Let me know what you think. Mine flies so well, I simply don't want to sell it to help cover the cost of a new one. So with that said, what I want is just a set of arms long enough to get me 800mm total. That way I can use all the stuff I already have, just swap the arms out. If it turns-out I don't like it that big I can always go back to 400mm and I won't be out much money.

The Armattan 800 is ALIVE!

If you have on hand the necessary male/female bullet connectors needed to extend the leads from the ESC's to the motors, I would like to get those from you as well. (12 set's total) Heck better yet, If you're interested/willing I would be more than happy to pay you to make the extensions yourself....You haven't seen my soldering job's yet...If you had you would understand why I ask...Hahahahahaa!

Whatever you think the best way is to go, just let me know and PM me the price. I'll have the money sent ASAP!

Thanks,

-Pat
I can make you some arms and extension cables, but you're going to need bigger motors and bigger props, you know? The motors you have now won't run 12 inch + props.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:17 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,751 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahb View Post
For my order, if you have some of the 1800kv motors, you can use them on mine. Performance is outstanding and if I ever need more power I can always upgrade. Let me know what you think.

Thanks
I will make a note in your order to make sure you get the 1800KV. Not a problem, Sir.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:24 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,751 Posts
I just realized that the guys who ordered the CNC 355 did not specify if they want black anodized center plates or all metal look. Please specify guys or else I will just choose myself what you're getting based on what I have on hand and what I prefer selling.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:28 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,751 Posts
Here's a pic of Rexless' build. Metallic look with powder coated orange rear arms. I really like the look of it and I think it's excellent for orientation. Creepy 1 has the same but his has the orange on the front. I was quite confused test flying his build because I'm used to having color at the rear like this:

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:32 AM
Poland, Śląskie, Bielsko-Biala
Joined Jan 2012
634 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
OK, here you guys have my PI setting from KK2 board.

I don't encourage anybody to use this settings, because

1. the quad is quite bouncy and difficult to land because of high P gain but is really LOCKED to the stick
2. lower I gains mean less "self-leveling" after releasing the sticks
3. high P gain for yaw gives me more stability in very sharp turns but quads wants to climb after turn is completed.

Once more: You have been warned, but this is what flies good for me.

Hope Chris won't mind.

Armattan M345

AIL/ELE

P gain: 130
P limit: 100

I gain: 15
I limit: 20

RUD:

P gain: 120
P limit: 100

I limit: 25
I gain: 40

Self level settings:

P gain: 70
P limit: 20

ACC trim: you must work your own to reduce drift.

Stick scaling:

70-70-70-90
shafter is offline Find More Posts by shafter
Closed Thread