HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 21, 2012, 06:04 PM
Joined May 2002
243 Posts
Jim, i noticed frsky has this warning (Reflections from nearby metal fences, concrete buildings, or trees can cause loss of signal both during the range check and during flight.) Is that because they use cheap components or their design is not very sensitive? Anyway i have not had any problems with your system even way before V 3.x . Thanks for sticking with the RC development even thought you have gone through so many setbacks.
Grich is offline Find More Posts by Grich
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 21, 2012, 08:28 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,884 Posts
While it is possible for reflections to cause a problem with a stationary object, our devices are always moving so we do have spacial diversity as a result. Ever notice that most all routers have twin antennas? This is to create some spacial diversity so that if something is blocking the operation of one antenna, the second one may still work. If you have to move your router slightly to get a better reception, you manually created spacial diversity.

So, in our world of moving objects, the only thing that can cause a loss of signal are fences, buildings, trees, etc. between the transmitter and receiver - not just having them in the vicinity.
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member