SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 09, 2014, 06:22 PM
Another one on the way...
Plano, Texas
Joined Feb 2009
2,388 Posts
By the way--today she stood on her own three legs... The ESM V3 electric retracts seem to work very nicely. Now I'm off to put all the electronics on board. I regret now gluing the aluminum tubes into the center wing section, as they now make this 49" wide. If I had glued them to the wing tips--I wouldn't have had this problem. Now the center body doesn't fit in my car (sold the Expedition and now it's either the Wrangler or Durango...)
ysolomon is offline Find More Posts by ysolomon
Last edited by ysolomon; Oct 10, 2014 at 01:28 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2014, 01:30 PM
Plano, Texas
Joined Feb 2009
2,388 Posts
A thought: what if I cut the aluminum tubes at the nacelles, glue them in the wing tips as well, and then get a carbon fiber tube that will exactly fit the inner side of the aluminum tube, but glue those to the wing tips, thus making this plane a little narrower and can transport it to the field? I'm guessing that a CF tube like that might add a pound to the plane...
Old Oct 11, 2014, 05:26 PM
Plano, Texas
Joined Feb 2009
2,388 Posts
More progress... Ended up only using one Matchbox for the flaps (it has 4 channels). All I had to do is reverse two of them. So, channel layout (AR9100 + DX18):

1. THRO (Y of both throttles)
2. RAL
3. REL
4. RUD
5. FLP (all four, through the Matchbox)
6. LAL
7. GEAR
8. DOOR (not used yet, as I have not installed main doors
9. LEL

As far as propellers--I have the serrated washer, then prop, then the original motor washer, then original nut, then jam nut. I hope this is enough. I will test it plenty before ever taking to the air...
Old Oct 12, 2014, 07:11 PM
Dont be divided from the truth
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Mar 2010
3,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysolomon View Post
More progress... Ended up only using one Matchbox for the flaps (it has 4 channels). All I had to do is reverse two of them. So, channel layout (AR9100 + DX18):

1. THRO (Y of both throttles)
2. RAL
3. REL
4. RUD
5. FLP (all four, through the Matchbox)
6. LAL
7. GEAR
8. DOOR (not used yet, as I have not installed main doors
9. LEL

As far as propellers--I have the serrated washer, then prop, then the original motor washer, then original nut, then jam nut. I hope this is enough. I will test it plenty before ever taking to the air...
Looks like you opened up the cockpit area?
Dangaras is offline Find More Posts by Dangaras
Old Oct 12, 2014, 09:58 PM
Plano, Texas
Joined Feb 2009
2,388 Posts
Only the covering, and then glued pieces of balsa and Velcro for all the electronics.