SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 09, 2014, 06:50 AM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Sep 2014
20 Posts
Upskirt photo snapper caught with camera in Crocs (1 min 31 sec)

LOLOLOL

so i havent bought one yet, but i figured someone already did this since they already put a camera on a dog and a goose or a pelican i think

anyways check it LOL
exit is offline Find More Posts by exit
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 10, 2014, 12:37 AM
Joined Apr 2014
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by exit View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-VCmaoU0G8

LOLOLOL

so i havent bought one yet, but i figured someone already did this since they already put a camera on a dog and a goose or a pelican i think

anyways check it LOL
I like his cellphone battery. I'm going to have to try that.

*the battery not the upskirting*
mmahl is offline Find More Posts by mmahl
Old Sep 11, 2014, 03:20 AM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Sep 2014
20 Posts
im a VJ so logically i was thinking of ways to get new footage and maybe new angles, i saw the dog and pelican footage and i thought, what about a human foot footage/hyperlapse when i googled it this came up
exit is offline Find More Posts by exit
Old Oct 28, 2014, 12:48 AM
Canada, BC, Kamloops
Joined Jan 2011
389 Posts
I apologize if this has been ask before.
I have many mini cam's all work great. I also have a 808#26...which I don't use.
A friend borrowed it and now wants to buy it.
I told him about mSetup ver 3.0.3.0 but he says it does not recognize the #26. Is this true?
Or should I get it back and maybe update.
HuskyDude is offline Find More Posts by HuskyDude
Old Oct 28, 2014, 04:01 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,621 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyDude View Post
I apologize if this has been ask before.
I have many mini cam's all work great. I also have a 808#26...which I don't use.
A friend borrowed it and now wants to buy it.
I told him about mSetup ver 3.0.3.0 but he says it does not recognize the #26. Is this true?
Or should I get it back and maybe update.
The #26 is from a completely different manufacturer than the Mobius, for which mSetup was written. In addition, the original #26 only has a handful of parameters that can only be changed by using a Windows "Setout tool". I believe development of the original #26 was abandoned over a year ago.
At the beginning of 2014 the manufacturer released a so-called #26 V2 which is a copy of the C1/C2 but in a case similar to the Mobius. The V2 uses a text file to update the parameters. I'm sure more information for the V2 is available, but I have not seen anything posted.

In summary, if you are referring to the original #26 you'll need the Setout tool (search this thread for a download location). If you are referring to the #26 V2 then I suspect the C1/C2 text file will work.
mSetup only supports the Mobius and the #16. It does not support cameras from other manufacturers.
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Old Oct 28, 2014, 09:52 AM
Canada, BC, Kamloops
Joined Jan 2011
389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoprop View Post
If you are referring to the original #26 you'll need the Setout tool (search this thread for a download location). If you are referring to the #26 V2 then I suspect the C1/C2 text file will work.
mSetup only supports the Mobius and the #16. It does not support cameras from other manufacturers.
Thx Isoprop
Ya we are spoiled with mSetup that's for sure...

OK I just thought it would be nice if mSetup worked on the 26 as well.
He can use the camera without it and flip the vid when and if he gets into editing.
HuskyDude is offline Find More Posts by HuskyDude
Old Nov 17, 2014, 11:18 PM
Joined Nov 2014
2 Posts
Hello all! I'm a newbie to the world of micro cameras but I'm excited to start using one with my copter, I've been researching for hours. Form what I've seen, the #26 has impressed me but I'm hoping to get a little more information before investing $100.

My first probably newbie question is about loop recording. I saw that there is an option in the Setout tool named "cycle time" and it maxes out at 15 minutes, does this mean the maximum recording length is only 15 minutes?

In regards to "looping", after the 15 minutes are up does it start overwriting the previous recording even if I have a 32GB card or is a new recording automatically started?

Lastly, do you foresee any issues using a "Kingston Digital 32 GB microSDHC Class 10 UHS-1" with the #26?

I really appreciate any help you can give, even if it's general information in this regard and not specific to the #26.
TwistedAir is offline Find More Posts by TwistedAir
Old Nov 18, 2014, 04:58 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,621 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedAir View Post
Hello all! I'm a newbie to the world of micro cameras but I'm excited to start using one with my copter, I've been researching for hours. Form what I've seen, the #26 has impressed me but I'm hoping to get a little more information before investing $100.

My first probably newbie question is about loop recording. I saw that there is an option in the Setout tool named "cycle time" and it maxes out at 15 minutes, does this mean the maximum recording length is only 15 minutes?

In regards to "looping", after the 15 minutes are up does it start overwriting the previous recording even if I have a 32GB card or is a new recording automatically started?

Lastly, do you foresee any issues using a "Kingston Digital 32 GB microSDHC Class 10 UHS-1" with the #26?

I really appreciate any help you can give, even if it's general information in this regard and not specific to the #26.
I don't want to go off topic, but in reply to your last sentence, have you considered the Mobius Action Cam?
The Mobius is vastly superior (and cheaper!) to the #26 in all respects. However, for covert videos, the #26 can be hidden much better than the Mobius because of it's smaller lens.

The main Mobius support thread - read the first 8 posts (with over 12 thousand posts):
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1904559&pp=100
The Mobius Owners thread for posting videos etc. (over 2 thousand posts):
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1971523&pp=100

Loop recording normally means overwriting the oldest clips when the card is full.
If loop recording is not enabled these cameras should write clips until the card is full. Clip lengths are limited to max. 4GB which is the max. file size permitted with the FAT32 file system. Automatically starting a new clip when a file has reached it's max.length is generally called Stop Save Continue, abbreviated to S/S/C.
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Old Nov 18, 2014, 11:27 PM
Joined Nov 2014
2 Posts
Thank you Isoprop, that was very helpful.
TwistedAir is offline Find More Posts by TwistedAir
Old Nov 29, 2014, 04:45 PM
Joined Nov 2014
1 Posts
#26 nembie

Hello group,

I just received my 808 #26 camera and I am very pleased with the video quality. The problem I am having so far is that I cannot get the video to import into Pinnacle Studio HD version 14 to edit it. Has anyone else encountered this same problem? Any solutions?

Thanks
Snipeshow is offline Find More Posts by Snipeshow
Old Dec 09, 2014, 10:43 AM
Joined Dec 2014
1 Posts
Hi guys,

I got a 808 #26 which failed in the beginning quite often to start. I flashed the June 2013 Firmware and the cam worked better, but in the last weeks it got buggy again. So I decided to flash the same firmware again. When I switched the cam on after I had the firmware file put into the root folder, it did not flash red and green, but constantly green.

I waited for close to 10 minutes and decided to take the micro sd card out and to reset the camera. But since then it is dead. When I connect it to the PC, the yellow LED is constantly on and switches after a while of, as if the battery is fully charged.
And if I try to switch the camera on, nothing happens, but it gets warm after a while (but not hot).
I also tried to disconnect the battery for hours, but I could not get the camera reacting again.

Does anybody know a way to get the bricked cam working again?

Thanks and greetings from Germany,

Steff
Steff_1964 is offline Find More Posts by Steff_1964
Old Dec 09, 2014, 12:02 PM
Mtz
Romania, PH, Ploiesti
Joined Mar 2012
599 Posts
I think your camera is dead and I don't know if is some way to update using some serial cable.
Try to remove also the CMOS sensor if possible. I don't know if you have AV Out cable to check if you have some signal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipeshow View Post
Hello group,

I just received my 808 #26 camera and I am very pleased with the video quality. The problem I am having so far is that I cannot get the video to import into Pinnacle Studio HD version 14 to edit it. Has anyone else encountered this same problem? Any solutions?

Thanks
Try to use the free and good program named MP4Cam2Avi and save as AVI. In options you can choose PCM for audio and for video use Source video (no recompression).

enjoy,
Mtz
Mtz is online now Find More Posts by Mtz
Old Dec 14, 2014, 12:44 AM
Joined Dec 2014
1 Posts
Wow I have to say that my first day with the #26 camera is anything but good.

I started the day with some filming and thought I had the camera off. A little less than an hour later I pull the camera out of my pocket and it was scolding hot. I tried to turn it off but nothing worked. I had to let it die on its own after another bit of time.

I give the camera a full charge after it cools off. I spend the next three hours trying to get my laptop to recognize the external drive, and to get setout to recognize it as well... No dice. I say three hours because I was reading troubleshooting, member posts, and a little bit of prayer and remorse mixed in.

I thought I had a faulty cable, and reading the specificity of the cables I was none too pleased at the prospect of having to buy a new one, or that my #26 was a dud (still to be seen).

Right now I am somewhat pleased to say that I managed to finally connect the #26 to my computer and get it recognized as an external drive, and also have setout recognize it to change the settings. By the way, I am running Windows 8.1, which shouldn't be possible but it is for me at least.

For anyone reading this and cares to try and work with it, here's a seemingly random series of steps I took to make it work, for now at least...:

1) Format SD card on your computer (mine is a 16GB Kingston Class 4)
2) Reset the #26 device (small pinhole button)
3) Plug in the #26, with the SD card inside, to your computer, solid YELLOW light.
4) Wait at least 20 seconds before touching anything else, then press and hold down the power button EXACTLY three seconds. Not sure where I read this from, possibly member or troubleshoot, but it is especially important if you have an 8GB+ SD card. Supposedly there are a series of color changes, but I wasn't paying attention. Might have been a GREEN, but can't say for sure.
5) Your device may be recognized, thank the gods.

Now I am not sure if I should chalk this up to chance, seeing as I tried plugging in my #26 to my laptop about 6 other times, but it worked.

I hope this helps someone and curious to know what other members think about these reoccurring issues with the #26. I own a #16 and I would swear by it, I love it so much.
Finn the human is offline Find More Posts by Finn the human