HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 13, 2004, 04:53 PM
Single-task at best...
Telford, UK
Joined Feb 2000
7,510 Posts
Another "Your Best Photo" thread!

I know, I know......you can't have more than one best photo, but given the success of the last thread I thought a sequel might get a few responses!

Rummaging through some old negatives and contact sheets tonight brought back quite a few memories - some shots seem to embed themselves in your memory, and you can vividly remember the circumstances at the time.

This shot was taken during a monochrome phase some years back at a classic car rally at the local stately pile, Weston Park. I'd spotted this big red Buick basking in the bright sunshine, and being dead keen, I had a bagful of filters with me and was determined to use them. The camera was my clunky old manual Practica (mirror-slap measures on the Ritchter scale....), and a 29mm prime lens. This is a 'straight' shot -I used both a polariser and deep red filter to darken the bright blue sky to black - without any dodging or burning in the darkroom. Film was Ilford FP4.

Given the cheapness of the gear used, the detail on the original A4 print is quite remarkable with every strand of mesk within the mouth of the horn being distinct from its neighbours.

tim
tim hooper is offline Find More Posts by tim hooper
Old Oct 13, 2004, 05:07 PM
ὅπερ ἔδει δεῖξαι
Joined May 2000
3,339 Posts
Gerald is offline Find More Posts by Gerald
Last edited by Gerald; Jul 10, 2008 at 11:02 AM.