SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 10, 2014, 10:12 PM
SPEED FREAK
albuquerque, NM
Joined Oct 2004
115 Posts
Build Log
J1MK Fokker DVII Designed bye Peter Rake

This is my first build thread ... Please be gentle and patient with me . This will be a semi scale build . I have built a few kits in my time , I'm not the best scale builder ! We are going to give it hell though !!!
This kit is produced bye just1morekit.com . Charles the gentleman who owns J1MK , is an epic tactician new to the kit cutting business . After receiving the kit from J1MK , ill never buy anywhere else ! Awesome quality wood , awesome plans , great scale additions , very well packed and exceptional customer service ! First I will post pics of the kit as it arrived and progress mentioned ! Ty Mike
flyte lyne is offline Find More Posts by flyte lyne
to remove ads between posts
Old May 10, 2014, 10:20 PM
SPEED FREAK
albuquerque, NM
Joined Oct 2004
115 Posts
Front fuse and battery hatch

Started at the fuse and battery hatch . Very cool design ! Ty Mr Rake pieces fit together with amazing accuracy and speed . I put the pictured item together in less than an hour !
Old May 11, 2014, 05:06 AM
Joined Oct 2012
217 Posts
Hi Mike, looking forward to seeing your build.

That looks a very good kit indeed... even got the stencils for the lettering. Very impressive cutting of the wood parts too. Looks to be a very complete kit - with the few kits I bought in the past, I always used to get annoyed at all the other little items I needed to buy to finish the model. Is the wire for the struts and U/C pre-bent or is it just supplied in straight lengths for you to bend yoursef? (I've always hated wire-bending!)

Pity I'm such a dedicated 'cut the bits myself' man, or I might be tempted by something like this. Maybe one day..

You got a colour scheme in mind for your model yet?

Regards
Harry
Harry Rule is offline Find More Posts by Harry Rule
Old May 11, 2014, 10:37 AM
SPEED FREAK
albuquerque, NM
Joined Oct 2004
115 Posts
Color scheme !

7716/18 Bruno lorzer / Herman goring The 2nd will be fritz blumenthals 817/18
Old May 11, 2014, 10:52 AM
AKA Jon Rider
United States, MA, Holliston
Joined May 2004
1,123 Posts
Either one will be very cool - Watching with the greatest interest! -
Shnokey is offline Find More Posts by Shnokey
RCG Plus Member
Old May 11, 2014, 12:02 PM
Joined Mar 2009
447 Posts
I just wanted to brag that I already finished a part of my JK1m kit.

The two chocolate bars are done.

Watching your build with attention since I hope to start my own soon. Good luck.
MikeSawicki is offline Find More Posts by MikeSawicki
RCG Plus Member
Old May 11, 2014, 12:47 PM
Is it suppose to do that?
USA, CT, Waterbury
Joined Sep 2006
1,301 Posts
Definitely watching this one. You will see that just the camaraderie of modelers will make the build take on a dimension that does not exist when it is just you and the kit.

I so much want to build a DVII next just not sure if I want to go 1/6 or 1/8. I don't necessarily have Goodyear Blimp storage in my basement.

The best of luck.

Sean
moscow580 is offline Find More Posts by moscow580
Old May 11, 2014, 04:08 PM
SPEED FREAK
albuquerque, NM
Joined Oct 2004
115 Posts
Storage !

Yeah I have no room at ... I have been relegated to the no name corner of the house ! Now that I think about , I have all the room I need lol . Here are some pics of the Spandau kits before build . More when done !
Old May 11, 2014, 04:21 PM
Joined Jan 2014
127 Posts
Xmas in.... May?

Having a Blast watching this unfold. I can feel your enthusiasm and energy like a kid on Xmas morning! I thought you told me you were too busy to even open the box for the next couple of weeks?
Just1MoreKit is offline Find More Posts by Just1MoreKit
Old May 11, 2014, 09:57 PM
SPEED FREAK
albuquerque, NM
Joined Oct 2004
115 Posts
I ended up only working 1/2 a day ! Finished up the fin , rudder and Spandaus !!!
Old May 11, 2014, 10:01 PM
SPEED FREAK
albuquerque, NM
Joined Oct 2004
115 Posts
I am amazed at the way the rudder parts go together like a puzzle ! I have never seen a fit like these .... Awesome and precise
Old May 11, 2014, 11:25 PM
Is it suppose to do that?
USA, CT, Waterbury
Joined Sep 2006
1,301 Posts
Those spandaus look great.
moscow580 is offline Find More Posts by moscow580
Old May 12, 2014, 05:33 AM
Norfolk, England
Joined Sep 2001
7,798 Posts
I'd wondered what Charles meant by his description of 'click together' outlines as an alternative to laminated. Rather neat, isn't it? I can already see that there's been a LOT of additional work done to my basic design. The build for that, along with lots of reference material is currently running in the May, June and I believe July issues of Flying Scale Models. That one, of course, was built by Pat Lynch. Not specific to this particular version, but there is some useful stuff there for anyone building this kit.

Pete
PETERRAKE is online now Find More Posts by PETERRAKE
Old May 12, 2014, 08:25 AM
SPEED FREAK
albuquerque, NM
Joined Oct 2004
115 Posts
When I first looked at the pieces for the rudder I was amazed at the precision of the cuts . Thinking to myself "these are to damn close" no margin for error from pieces to plans . I figured out why between the parts and plans there is no errors . The parts are perfect !!!!! In the hobby I have never seen anything like it ... AMAZING
Old May 12, 2014, 11:21 AM
United States, NY, Dobbs Ferry
Joined Oct 2008
756 Posts
Wow! This is some beautiful work... looking forward to watching it come together.

Stephen
nytjadens is offline Find More Posts by nytjadens