Senile Member
Moab, Utah, USA
Joined Apr 2003
6,295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandydr View Post
Hi Larry
I'm stuck again

I have cut and shaped the wing tips so far to match the rib, but I am struggling to understand the plans regarding the wing tip edge. I don't quite understand what the curves and lines mean in reference to the variable wing tip height. Any light you can shed would be most appreciated.

Regards, Sandy
Those curved lines show the wing tip cross sections at the three points. When shaping my wing tip is I used those curves to make three templates. I then used those templates to shape the bottom of the wing tip. Note that the top of the wing tip is straight across in line with the top of the wing. When shaping the wing tip material is removed only from the bottom.

Your next task is to shape the top of the wing tip block to match the outline of the top of the wing tip drawing. Then remove material from the bottom of the wing tip to match the templates.

Larry
Lnagel is offline Find More Posts by Lnagel
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 25, 2013, 02:48 PM
Manvel, Texas
Joined Nov 2007
42 Posts
Name: DSC_0101.jpg
Views: 27
Size: 41.1 KB
Description: Dynaflite Decathlon

Great flying plane....
Russell Bear is offline Find More Posts by Russell Bear
Old Oct 25, 2013, 05:32 PM
Need a bigger runway
Dominican Republic, Puerto Plata, Cabarete
Joined Mar 2008
248 Posts
Thanks Larry, I knew you would know the answer. You photo makes it so much easier to understand. They should include it in the manual
All the best, Sandy
sandydr is offline Find More Posts by sandydr