HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 03:19 AM
Australia, VIC, Dandenong
Joined Jul 2010
74 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuMadre View Post
Not the problem - I fly with the stock motor. Look elsewhere.
I flew again today, it's quiet windy so I am not really sure what it is.
The RTH is set to 190m high and 50m radius, but the plane does not seem to circle, it flies in random pattern and gradually flies away.
Alyas is online now Find More Posts by Alyas
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2006
11,813 Posts
I had the one 'psycho' RTH result long ago, on a very windy day... and it has worked flawlessly since then. I have done many tests of various situations and it always does as expected.
I even fly around at 3metres height with PA mode, just using Aileron and Rudder and can totally trust it will not drive it into the ground! (so far anyway - lots of time doing that without an issue though).
I have flown out of range a lot f times on purpose too and its just switches to RTH and flies back - as you would hope!

That is with the latest firmware, so it CAN all work exactly was it should. eg if there was any bug it would happen to everyone.
I would suspect setup, and/or conditions (vibrations etc), would be the cause of any non-working cases - with a slim chance of some being truly faulty in some manner.

Oh... I have a LOT of vibrations when up towards 100% throttle (and I keep forgetting to fix that!), which I use for take-off and climbing for the first 30secs or so, and 50% of the time I take off in PA mode... 50% also via FPV or 50% LOS for takeoff.... so in mine it seems very resilient to vibrations anyway really.
PeterVRC is online now Find More Posts by PeterVRC
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 10:53 AM
Joined Dec 2007
151 Posts
Wou you be able to see vibration in the video? I have mine on the same anti vibration tape I use for multicopters. My issue is exactly like the video above. Manual fine, PA mode ok, rth gyro numbers go crazy and seem to reset themselves. I will continue to try and balance and get it setup. Anyone else using this on a wing?
westphill24 is offline Find More Posts by westphill24
Old Yesterday, 05:12 PM
Joined Nov 2013
59 Posts
Anti vibration dampers sometimes make the situation even worser because the osd is so light. You need mass.
Schalonsus is offline Find More Posts by Schalonsus
Old Yesterday, 05:16 PM
Portugal, Leiria District
Joined Jan 2014
28 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westphill24 View Post
Wou you be able to see vibration in the video? I have mine on the same anti vibration tape I use for multicopters. My issue is exactly like the video above. Manual fine, PA mode ok, rth gyro numbers go crazy and seem to reset themselves. I will continue to try and balance and get it setup. Anyone else using this on a wing?
Yeah we need to solve this.
I like the osd and it costed money
peter97silva is offline Find More Posts by peter97silva
Old Yesterday, 05:40 PM
United Kingdom, England, Canterbury
Joined Jul 2013
104 Posts
This is my issue and it is consistent. Motor on, motor off, reverted to 1.04 firmware and back to 2.1; made no difference. I genuinely think it's a fault on the board.

Cyclops storm AHI lag (0 min 26 sec)
elmattbo is online now Find More Posts by elmattbo
Old Yesterday, 08:44 PM
Joined Dec 2007
151 Posts
I went flying today and for the most part things worked out. Need to turn my pitch gain down but that's it. I noticed that when the plane is put into rth if it's perfectly level it worked. If I was in any type of angle or not perfectly stable it would do the crazy gyro thing. This is good news if I just don't want to fly home but for failsafe what if Im doing some aggressive flying? Planes gone either way. I'll test it out again next weekend.
Old Yesterday, 08:45 PM
Joined Dec 2007
151 Posts
@sholansus - not sure what you mean by mass?