HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 18, 2012, 08:34 PM
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Jul 2004
2,102 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzledcamudgen View Post
Same here!!
I had fun...hope you did as well. Almost crashed my WiteSpy Flip showing my wife how I can flip she laughed at me.....fun stuff!!
AlanFlorida is offline Find More Posts by AlanFlorida
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2012, 12:32 AM
Joined Dec 2011
340 Posts
Quadcopter Case

Hey guys!

Put together this travel case this week. Heading to Cancun in three weeks and needed an easy way to take everything with me. haha.

I have to say, this works awesome. Tons of protection, tons of space and still around 43-47lbs fully loaded.

Cheers.

Quadcopter Case - Pelican (2 min 13 sec)
dslack67 is offline Find More Posts by dslack67
Old Nov 19, 2012, 01:37 AM
Joined Nov 2012
5 Posts
Hello All,
I am looking for someone in the greater Seattle area who owns/flies a witespy quad. I recently bought one and could not get any greener and could use some help. I found this site a few days ago and literally haven't left yet other than for sleep, food, bathroom. The amount of information is unending.
A witespy specific contact would be best, but I know someone with multicopterwii knowledge could help tremendously as well.
I don't have a specific question, but after reading a lot of posts I know that I am not flying this thing correctly. Also, I would like to get involved with the local groups, etc.

thanks in advance
You can contact me on here or waynecayko@gmail.com
Dervish is offline Find More Posts by Dervish
Old Nov 19, 2012, 05:38 AM
FPV ADDICT
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Jan 2011
562 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dslack67 View Post
Hey guys!

Put together this travel case this week. Heading to Cancun in three weeks and needed an easy way to take everything with me. haha.

I have to say, this works awesome. Tons of protection, tons of space and still around 43-47lbs fully loaded.

Cheers.

http://youtu.be/AT3Aw0DTrlM
Very nice and organized set up, I like it...well done thanks for staring!!
Wirewolf903 is offline Find More Posts by Wirewolf903
Old Nov 19, 2012, 12:52 PM
I find it rather unseemly!
United States, IN, Earl Park
Joined Aug 2012
103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanFlorida View Post
I had fun...hope you did as well. Almost crashed my WiteSpy Flip showing my wife how I can flip she laughed at me.....fun stuff!!
Sure did! That Flip looks like it would be a blast!
The weather has been quite calm in these parts lately! I love it!
I made a quick vid last night. enjoy!

Witespy Flight (9 min 3 sec)
grizzledcamudgen is offline Find More Posts by grizzledcamudgen
Old Nov 19, 2012, 01:06 PM
Clearwater, FLorida !
Joined Sep 2009
2,273 Posts
awesome video Grizzel ! great work.

Full carbon props are in if anyone wants to give them a try. super stiff.

9inch .. 10inch ,,, and 8 inch

witespy is offline Find More Posts by witespy
Old Nov 19, 2012, 01:08 PM
Joined Aug 2012
103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by witespy View Post
awesome video Grizzel ! great work.

I got some Full carbon props in if anyone wants to give them a try. super stiff.

9inch .. 10inch ,,, and 8 inch

Thank you!
I definitely would like a few of those props!

Thanks for the heads up on those props! Couldn't have came at a better time!! I picked up a set for the quad just now.
Last edited by grizzledcamudgen; Nov 19, 2012 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Purchase
Old Nov 19, 2012, 01:46 PM
United States, IN, Schererville
Joined Jan 2004
268 Posts
Quote:
Sure did! That Flip looks like it would be a blast!
The weather has been quite calm in these parts lately! I love it!
I made a quick vid last night. enjoy!

http://youtu.be/ToH9Rgi_zRg
Great job! Nice seeing the wind turbines in the background. Reminds me of driving down Rt 41 heading to Purdue to see the kids. Also, I`m quite impressed with the video quality of the Horyzon camera!
nike25 is offline Find More Posts by nike25
Old Nov 19, 2012, 01:48 PM
Joined Aug 2012
103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dslack67 View Post
Hey guys!

Cheers.

http://youtu.be/AT3Aw0DTrlM
I love the stacked style of that case! It must have cost quite a bit especially if it's a pelican.
I use two cases at the moment one for the TX (what it came with) and I bought a seperate case for my charging units. I don't have anything for the quad but I was thinking of hooking some fasteners on top of my TX case so I can strap the feet of the quad onto and have less to carry and it would act as a platform while in the car keeping it from moving around and want not. Here are some pics of my charging case.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 01:53 PM
Joined Aug 2012
103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nike25 View Post
Great job! Nice seeing the wind turbines in the background. Reminds me of driving down Rt 41 heading to Purdue to see the kids. Also, I`m quite impressed with the video quality of the Horyzon camera!
Thank you! That is the road I live off of!
I really like the Horyzon cam, no jelly, fisheye and NO weight! It has a crispness that really doesn't show up in this video probably because of the weather. When the sun is really out everything looks vibrant. I'm pleased with the purchase.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:03 PM
Joined Aug 2012
103 Posts
I made another video right before sunset today using just the Horyzon HD camera for those who maybe interested in that camera. This video was shot entirely by line of sight so I didn't go to far from home. I can't wait to get goggles so I can venture out a little further! Happy viewing!

FILE0021 (6 min 43 sec)
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:32 PM
... where is it ?!
United States, CA, SF
Joined Jul 2011
449 Posts
very nice & smooth!

Quote:
I made another video right before sunset today using just the Horyzon HD camera for those who maybe interested in that camera. This video was shot entirely by line of sight so I didn't go to far from home. I can't wait to get goggles so I can venture out a little further! Happy viewing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrnHY...y01fhZ5oprqyhg
ro.bi. is offline Find More Posts by ro.bi.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:09 AM
United States, IN, Schererville
Joined Jan 2004
268 Posts
Quote:

I wish you hadn't posted this because now I want a new camera! Super smooth! Are you using stabilization software?
nike25 is offline Find More Posts by nike25
Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:32 AM
Joined Jul 2012
153 Posts
Quote:

I love the Horyzon. HD camera. The low light capabilities and white balance work great in just about every environment. Nice vid.
Atown93 is offline Find More Posts by Atown93
Old Nov 20, 2012, 07:31 AM
Joined Aug 2012
103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ro.bi. View Post
very nice & smooth!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nike25 View Post
I wish you hadn't posted this because now I want a new camera! Super smooth! Are you using stabilization software?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atown93 View Post
I love the Horyzon. HD camera. The low light capabilities and white balance work great in just about every environment. Nice vid.
Thanks everyone!
This has been my go to camera out of all the multiple cameras that I own to include GoPro 1 & 2. I feel that it's given me the best footage out of all of them.
@nike25, Sorry pal! I just watched YouTube's version of my footage this morning. "Are you using stabilization software?" I did use YouTube's enhancement but after comparing the two I don't see too much of a difference other than it took a couple of my lever + wind twitches out. I purposely went slower on my flight as not to upset the stomach of the viewer!
I've got that cam sandwiched good & tight between top and bottom extension tabs which helps tremendously with any vibration.
Here's a pic showing you what I mean.
~griz

I don't know what's going on at RCGroup but every time I load a pic it ends up upside down? I've switched computers so I'm not sure?
Last edited by grizzledcamudgen; Nov 20, 2012 at 07:37 AM. Reason: Switched computers, trying to upload pic upright!