HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 31, 2013, 05:26 PM
Joined Jan 2013
8 Posts
Charger I bought from a friend it was ok
I have firmware version 5.5 , the problem is that I can not update ,how to do it ?
unikat is offline Find More Posts by unikat
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 14, 2013, 06:26 PM
Electric Helis is my game
Lidingo, Sweden
Joined Feb 2005
2,755 Posts
EOS firmware 5.86 is now released

It's a service firmware with two fixes
- Termination of storage charge at low charge rate (less than 1C) now works properly.
- When using EOS suite there is no overlap in commands that cause delay, if you uses temporary fix before of raising command delay you can now lower it back to 40-80 or so.

Note: IR reading is lower than 5.52 and earlier firmware, this is on purpose to be aligned a bit more with the rest of the chargers on the market.

Firmware is found on http://media.hyperion.hk/dn/pc/eosfw586.html
MrMel is offline Find More Posts by MrMel
Old Feb 17, 2013, 09:30 AM
United States, NJ, Clayton
Joined Aug 2010
1,580 Posts
Yay!
keithy4129 is offline Find More Posts by keithy4129
Old Feb 19, 2013, 10:15 AM
United States, HI, Honolulu
Joined Dec 2002
350 Posts
I tried upgrading the firmware in my 1420 but all I got was error message. Anyone having issues with updating to the the new firmware?
Anyone knows if Hyperion has a customer/technical support team contact?
norbique is offline Find More Posts by norbique
Old Feb 19, 2013, 10:21 AM
Lidingo, Sweden
Joined Feb 2005
2,755 Posts
Try Power the charger with a battery instead of PS during update.
Read update manual how you recover if it has failed already
Old Feb 19, 2013, 05:52 PM
ancora imparo
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
6,918 Posts
For folks who are interested in IR, here's readings on a couple of new Revo 3S packs I just got. First number is a Hyperion SuperDuo with the new firmware, second the IR measured with an ESR/IR meter.

Pack#1
5.7 5.48
5.6 5.60
6.7 6.72

Pack #2
5.8 5.80
5.6 5.48
5.8 5.68

That's better agreement than any other charger IR numbers I have seen before.
I am seeing similar results for other packs. IMO the new firmware is now an excellent IR tool for packs in good condition.

John

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMel View Post

Note: IR reading is lower than 5.52 and earlier firmware, this is on purpose to be aligned a bit more with the rest of the chargers on the market.
jj604 is online now Find More Posts by jj604
Old Feb 20, 2013, 01:49 AM
lionel
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Dec 2007
1 Posts
EOS Control & Data Suite

I bought a used EOS0615i duo3 and cannot get EOS Control & Data Suite to work downloaded and when trying to install on my computer a windows 7 it first ask if I want to repair or remove control data suite. I highlight the repair and click finish and it loads, but then it stopped and cp210x usb to uart bridge driver pops up if I click it to install it reads that it some files could not download. And if i hit cancel it goes thru and say it has install successfully and to click close, but nothing happen no icon on desktop. This is where I went http://media.hyperion.hk/dn/pc/ecds-man/Installer.zip I have remove and install and still same problem can someone help.Thanks
neckis is online now Find More Posts by neckis
Old Feb 20, 2013, 03:11 AM
Joined Dec 2002
350 Posts
Quote:
Try Power the charger with a battery instead of PS during update.
Read update manual how you recover if it has failed already
I did try with a separate battery.
It did not crash before. the charger is still working with it's 5.5 firmware.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 03:15 AM
Joined Dec 2002
350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by neckis View Post
I bought a used EOS0615i duo3 and cannot get EOS Control & Data Suite to work downloaded and when trying to install on my computer a windows 7 it first ask if I want to repair or remove control data suite. I highlight the repair and click finish and it loads, but then it stopped and cp210x usb to uart bridge driver pops up if I click it to install it reads that it some files could not download. And if i hit cancel it goes thru and say it has install successfully and to click close, but nothing happen no icon on desktop. This is where I went http://media.hyperion.hk/dn/pc/ecds-man/Installer.zip I have remove and install and still same problem can someone help.Thanks
The cp210x usb to uart bridge drivers are a pain. I have had issues with it under 7.
I finally succeeded installing it but don't ask me how I did it. I got the same problems you describe, i re-installed it a couple of times and it works now. I tried he newest drivers from the developer's website v6.x didn't work. I went back to v5.x drivers now they work.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 04:01 AM
Joined Dec 2002
350 Posts
Problem SOLVED.
I found what caused me not to be able to update the firmware.
I did the BlueTooth mod to the charger and once I disconnected the BT adapter it flashed perfectly. then I reconnected the BT board an it works as before. No USB cable for me.
Last edited by norbique; Jul 02, 2013 at 09:12 AM.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 12:16 AM
Joined Aug 2008
135 Posts
I have a problem trying to install the latest version of the EOS Control and Data Suite on my Asus EeePC netbook running WIN 7 Starter. I have been using an older version to control my EOS 1420 iNET3 for some time and recently updated the firmware on the charger to 5.81. I removed all old Hyperion files before running the ECDS installer package.

The installation process runs for several seconds, then stops and will not complete. When I try to cancel the installation nothing happens and I have to reboot to kill the installer program.

Any suggestions?
Mehari is online now Find More Posts by Mehari
Old Feb 23, 2013, 06:48 AM
Joined Dec 2002
350 Posts
any chances the ECDS will be made for linux?
Old Feb 23, 2013, 06:51 AM
Lidingo, Sweden
Joined Feb 2005
2,755 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by norbique View Post
any chances the ECDS will be made for linux?
Nope, sorry.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 03:23 AM
Joined Dec 2002
350 Posts
Quote:
Nope, sorry.
thanks for the reply!
Old Feb 24, 2013, 08:46 PM
Joined Jul 2001
352 Posts
Quote:

It's a service firmware with two fixes
- Termination of storage charge at low charge rate (less than 1C) now works properly.
- When using EOS suite there is no overlap in commands that cause delay, if you uses temporary fix before of raising command delay you can now lower it back to 40-80 or so.

Firmware is found on http://media.hyperion.hk/dn/pc/eosfw586.html
I have version 4.7 firmware ( I think). I've had my duo charger for about two years and never thought of updating it. If I decide to update the firmware now can I update to the latest version without the intervening updates?
quietfly is offline Find More Posts by quietfly