SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 24, 2002, 12:13 AM
Kamloops
Joined Dec 2001
6,844 Posts
Pic of my projeti. Are my stabs ok?

They are on a little more of a angle than what i have seen with others. They should be ok though EH?

Mal
kushal_22 is offline Find More Posts by kushal_22
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 24, 2002, 12:14 AM
Kamloops
Joined Dec 2001
6,844 Posts
It`s not a striaght on pic and it looks as though one stab is not in line with the other but it is.
Old Apr 24, 2002, 03:30 AM
Leave me alone!
Kamloops, BC, Canada
Joined Feb 2002
15,106 Posts
Wow! That looks sharp! I knew you couldn't wait... I can't wait to see it fly either!
Martin Hunter is offline Find More Posts by Martin Hunter
Old Apr 24, 2002, 09:06 AM
New jersey
Joined Mar 2002
79 Posts
Very Nice, we will be awating the flight report.
Mr Hat is offline Find More Posts by Mr Hat
Old Apr 24, 2002, 10:57 AM
United States, CA, Burlingame
Joined Sep 2001
5,350 Posts
Very nice work !
Patrick Plawner is offline Find More Posts by Patrick Plawner
Old Apr 24, 2002, 11:14 AM
San Diego, CA
Joined Jan 2001
84 Posts
I broke the nose off my ProJeti after a moderately rough landing. You may want to reinforce the nose with some fiberglass packing tape beneath the plastic coverings.

Don Kimball
dkimball is offline Find More Posts by dkimball
Old Apr 24, 2002, 07:38 PM
Kamloops
Joined Dec 2001
6,844 Posts
I am glad i took a pic....Nose broke off too. not only that but the canopy has major damage as well. I was comming in for a landing and it was about 4 feet off the ground and was not comming down it stayed at the height and just kept going and going(Not enough down on my elevons)it was getting near the end of the field and a fence so i powerd back up and turned left..too much and it nosed into the ground. I have been able to pit the plane back together but do not know what to do with my canopy. it is missing a piece that i could not find. I will look and see if i have some batts for my digi camera to take a pic maybe someone out there can give me a suggestion on how to fix it.

Need batts for Camera
Old Apr 26, 2002, 12:38 PM
San Diego, CA
Joined Jan 2001
84 Posts
I have since cracked the motor mount area, in addition to breaking off the nose a few days ago. I was using a KR-600AEx8 battery pack at the time. I also cracked battery compartment, and the motor mount area again on a fast landing using a CP-1300SCRx8 battery pack. I have reinforced the nose, battery compartment, and motor mount area with a combintion of fiberglass packing tape, and clear packing tape. Fortunately, my canopy, and plastic coverings are undamaged, so the fiberglass tape does not show. Note, I fastened some of the plastic parts on with velcro, so they pop off on rough landings.

I also dropped a hot soldering iron through my aileron. My ProJeti now has scars like Frankenstien.

Don Kimball
dkimball is offline Find More Posts by dkimball
Old Apr 26, 2002, 07:53 PM
Kamloops
Joined Dec 2001
6,844 Posts
No Pics?

What someone needs to do is post a semi profesional reniforce job on the motor mount and nose of this plane. I have a good idea for the nose. Take a slow fly prop like a 9x6 through to 10x7 (Perferably Grey) and stick the end in between the nose cover and the plane and glue this to the planes underbelly this will strengthen the nose consideably. I have done this AFTER my nose broke off and i have had some rough landings and it has stayed on and intact. I would like to know of a good renforcement for the motor mount. After mine broke off i put some thin ply at the back area. Also i cut a plastic pop bottle and made a landing skid for the bottom it is clear and you can barley see it.

Mal