http://www.thrillist.com/travel/nati...ican-junk-food

Some of these are really funny.
dll932 is offline Find More Posts by dll932
Old Dec 18, 2014, 03:14 PM
I'm kind of a big deal
Tarpon Springs, FL USA
Joined Feb 2002
852 Posts
All that stuff they tasted is terrible except Chicken In a Biskit crackers. Lord help me, but I love those crackers. Eat them once a year right around Christmas.
Tarpon Shawn is offline Find More Posts by Tarpon Shawn
Old Dec 18, 2014, 11:16 PM
Not THAT Ira
Coupeville, Wa
Joined Jan 2006
4,722 Posts
I have to agree with the French on most of that except the Hungry Man Turkey Dinner. I would not feed one of those to a dog.
Real Ira is offline Find More Posts by Real Ira
Old Yesterday, 12:19 AM
Who, ME?
Euclid Ohio
Joined May 2005
317 Posts
These days I read lists of ingredients closely. The more something has the less likely we are to buy it.
Old Yesterday, 09:34 AM
Space power
United States, IA, Hampton
Joined May 2012
313 Posts
There is not one item on that list I would buy. I have never been poor enough to eat that nasty stuff. For the same price as some of those items you can make simple pasta dishes and eat well. That's the problem today, people would rather poison themselves than learn to cook. Some cheap herbs and spices (a small investment that will last quite a while,) some generic pasta, canned tomato sauce/paste/diced etc. and you can have a tasty veggie spaghetti and feed a family of 5 for the price of one packaged meal. It will also be healthier by a huge amount. That is just one dish, there are so many ways to eat well, cheaply that there really is no good excuse to eat like that. Most can be made well in advance and frozen for later meals when you have little time to make a meal from scratch. Oh, but that would entail some planning and occasional work.
cfircav8r is offline Find More Posts by cfircav8r
Old Yesterday, 10:05 AM
Who, ME?
Euclid Ohio
Joined May 2005
317 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfircav8r View Post
There is not one item on that list I would buy. I have never been poor enough to eat that nasty stuff. For the same price as some of those items you can make simple pasta dishes and eat well. That's the problem today, people would rather poison themselves than learn to cook. Some cheap herbs and spices (a small investment that will last quite a while,) some generic pasta, canned tomato sauce/paste/diced etc. and you can have a tasty veggie spaghetti and feed a family of 5 for the price of one packaged meal. It will also be healthier by a huge amount. That is just one dish, there are so many ways to eat well, cheaply that there really is no good excuse to eat like that. Most can be made well in advance and frozen for later meals when you have little time to make a meal from scratch. Oh, but that would entail some planning and occasional work.
Along with, uh, time and energy, sure. A lot of parents would LOVE some of that.
Old Yesterday, 10:38 AM
Space power
United States, IA, Hampton
Joined May 2012
313 Posts
I have seven kids and both my wife and I work full time. We have 4 rental houses that we are refurbishing and I also am in the Air National Guard. I have very little time, and less money, but we plan ahead and make it happen. Yes it is work, but It can be done. A little work ethic and realistic priorities make all the difference in the world.
cfircav8r is offline Find More Posts by cfircav8r