SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 05, 2013, 03:01 PM
Team Wreck it Sideways
The Netherlands, ZE, Wolphaartsdijk
Joined Jan 2013
3 Posts
Hi all, I'm Tijs (My forumnickname usually is Tizer, but it was already taken ) from Team Wreck it Sideways. I am the 2012 National RC Drifting champion here in the Netherlands. I use a Yokomo DRB as my competitioncar.

I recieved my HDT045070B Digital Brushless Low Profile servo this week and I love it! It feels very solid and man is it fast! The dimensions and spline are similar to the Futaba S9550 I had in my car before. The OMG servo feels at the very least just as precise and its much faster than the Futaba. I also had a few other brand servo's in my car but they don't even come close.

I made a little video of the speed that this servo has. I will have acces to a track next week so I can make another video of me actually driving the car with this servo in it.

RC OMG Servo Speed Test HDT045070B (1 min 0 sec)

And here's a few pictures I took while unboxing the servo:

Very strong box, my package arrived with a few dents and scrapes and DHL had opened the box also.. But the servo (and box) were safe and unharmed

Plenty of wire if you need it. Long wire comes in handy for an offroad car or a plane.

Here it is in my Yokomo DRB. I need the smallest servo possible as I don't have a lot of room in my chassis. This one fits very nicely.
Superik21 is offline Find More Posts by Superik21
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 05, 2013, 11:35 PM
Hong Kong, New Territories
Joined Aug 2012
127 Posts
Thanks, Tijs
omgsales is offline Find More Posts by omgsales
Old Jan 06, 2013, 05:57 AM
Joined Aug 2012
127 Posts
Thanks for Tom Hamiltion's Test video!
Garage-X RCOMG Servo Test R/C Spinout (0 min 23 sec)
Old Jan 07, 2013, 03:51 AM
Joined Aug 2012
127 Posts
RC OMG Servo Test Video
Published on January 5th, 2013 | by DriftMission.com Staff

Email
DriftMission received a special package in the mail from a new Servo manufacturer called RC OMG. These servos are very precise and fast, the ones we received are all titanium gears. We will be providing reviews once we have enough time to adequately put them through the paces. As you can see from our video below this servo is insanely fast!

DriftMission received a package of RC OMG servos to test out for RC Drifting. This was the first quick test of the RC OMG HDT065070B titanium gear servo.

The HDT065070B servo is a powerful, accurate ultra speed precision digital servo with its heat sink aluminum case, long wear titanium gears, a precision brushless motor and improved electronics, legendary quality.
It can be capable of 4.8 to 7.4 volt operation.
The HDT065070B takes a whole new galaxy of performance.
RC OMG provide legendary digital precision with higher torque and faster speed servos.

Tags: Drift RC, driftmission, electronics, fast servo, for drift, high speed servo, omg, Rc Drift, rc drifting, RC OMG, servo, servos, video

http://driftmission.com/rc-omg-servo-test-video/
Old Jan 07, 2013, 10:28 AM
Canada, ON, Whitby
Joined Aug 2008
8,934 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgsales View Post
wparsons
i am not the three person!
Anyone can sign up for facebook and say they live anywhere, and that doesn't mean anything about my original point that they are working for the company.

They signed up just to talk about how good the servos are at the same time that you created a thread advertising them.

We're not stupid, we all see through what you're doing. The servos might be great, but it sure looks like spam when you have people post like this.
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Jan 07, 2013, 11:20 AM
Joined Aug 2012
127 Posts
If so, I have nothing to say.
Because i could not be the three person!
I send them the servos to test to let us know if the servos to be improved!
If you think it is spam, i have to say nothing!
If you refuse the new brand servo coming, I have nothing to say!
Old Jan 07, 2013, 11:46 AM
Joined Dec 2012
14 Posts
Ok guys im not Spam at all

Im huge player on the East coast usa drift scene, I run two forums and a track so forgive me if if i been slow post.

The servos just came in yesterday, i installed in my DS3 and these things blow my futaba out of the water, on throw and speed. It def took some learning to get to learn and used to such a quick servo.

well on with some pics, i will get more video and test reviewed from my team mates.
joeyblaze is offline Find More Posts by joeyblaze
Old Jan 07, 2013, 11:47 AM
Team Wreck it Sideways
The Netherlands, ZE, Wolphaartsdijk
Joined Jan 2013
3 Posts
Hey Wparsons, omgsales is just trying to introduce you all to his new brand, and asked us (the test drivers) to post some testimonials. Its not spam, its just introducing you all to RC OMG

I wouldn't just say something is good when it isn't. If you check me and my credentials out on different forums you know that that's true. Among us testdrivers are national champions, world champions, factory drivers etc. We know what we're talking about
Superik21 is offline Find More Posts by Superik21
Old Jan 07, 2013, 11:50 AM
Joined Dec 2012
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
No, and that has no relevance to why someone said it was spam...

Here's the people that have commented on the servos:

"joeyblaze" - 1 post
"NoNoS" - 1 post
"belsuncebreak" - 1 post
"omgsales" - 33 posts

I'd be willing to bet the first three users are from the same IP too, possibly even the same IP as yours.
def not pro check the IP. what u hating just trying to get the word out on the street about a new product, we are all dif people, people tom from UK, OMG from china and im from the states.. so dont jump the gun so quick
Old Jan 07, 2013, 11:50 AM
Joined Dec 2012
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superik21 View Post
Hey Wparsons, omgsales is just trying to introduce you all to his new brand, and asked us (the test drivers) to post some testimonials. Its not spam, its just introducing you all to RC OMG

I wouldn't just say something is good when it isn't. If you check me and my credentials out on different forums you know that that's true. Among us testdrivers are national champions, world champions, factory drivers etc. We know what we're talking about
these people just think our post counts are low we are piss on, they need to do some research and figure out just who they are calling spammers and just who they think are the same person...

lol
Old Jan 07, 2013, 12:11 PM
Joined Aug 2012
127 Posts
thanks, Joey!
Wish you could enjoy the driving of the drift with RC OMG's Servo
Old Jan 07, 2013, 01:57 PM
Joined Dec 2012
14 Posts
dunno why "wparsons" got such a stick in his ass. if u dont like this thread report it to the mods, if not stop pissing in our thread before we report you.

I deal with tough guys on my forums who think cause they live on the forum and have million post they are some how better than some one else.. go get some fresh ari and step back

edit one more last thing

I reported all the people who came into my review thread and call it spam, is this how you guys welcome new members trying to spread knowledge .. have fun haters
Old Jan 07, 2013, 02:34 PM
Canada, ON, Whitby
Joined Aug 2008
8,934 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superik21 View Post

Actually, this is considered spam because it is solicited advertising by the manufacturer who isn't paying for a sponsorship package on the site.

It has nothing to do with the "testers" experience, it's all that the manufacturer is soliciting (by giving you free parts in exchange for a review, that's considered a payment) reviews of their product.

Quote:
Excessive Advertising (Spam) We allow one advertisement per week per forum per user. An advertisement is any content designed to sell or publicize an event, good, or service. Note that certain areas of the site (including the classifieds and vendor sections) are exempt from this rule.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/wlist.php
Old Jan 07, 2013, 02:39 PM
Canada, ON, Whitby
Joined Aug 2008
8,934 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyblaze View Post
dunno why "wparsons" got such a stick in his ass. if u dont like this thread report it to the mods, if not stop pissing in our thread before we report you.

I deal with tough guys on my forums who think cause they live on the forum and have million post they are some how better than some one else.. go get some fresh ari and step back

edit one more last thing

I reported all the people who came into my review thread and call it spam, is this how you guys welcome new members trying to spread knowledge .. have fun haters
Whole thread reported. You're clearly not spreading knowledge, you're posting because they sent you free stuff in exchange for a positive review.

If you were sharing knowledge you wouldn't have started a thread full of specs without having seen the servo in person.

If you wanted to make a legitimate review you would have real world testing with multiple other servos of the same quality and specs to compare quantitative results.
Old Jan 07, 2013, 02:49 PM
Joined Dec 2012
14 Posts
dont worry wparson u have been reported as well

please explain how im not spreading knowledge
1) specs of product before i got as i was excited
2)pictures of new product
3)video of new product
4)reviews from around the global the new product.
5)comparing it to a top end futaba

and in no way does my review have to be beneficial, its a review bro what part dont u get . Its my thoughts and reviews on a product

i am no the manufacture, i am giving me honest opinion, on a product that was giving me to test.

Last edited by joeyblaze; Jan 10, 2013 at 05:13 PM.