HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 16, 2014, 09:18 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,817 Posts
Discussion
MXGP game

@JohnnyMc, how do i download the demo do i have to register on steam first do you know?
Lol, count to 9 when you crash that's funny so you beat mx2 & mxgp on realistic / pro first try? that doesn't sound very challenging or are you the RV of MX games lol.
What game system are you using?
That's cool Piboso is making a MX game it looks pretty good so far & his sims are usually good, i liked the GP bikes & i tried the go kart demo that wasn't bad either, hopefully i can use my handlebar controller on his game like i did on GP bikes
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
to remove ads between posts
Old May 16, 2014, 01:59 PM
United Kingdom, Walsall
Joined Mar 2013
592 Posts
Tried the demo on Xbox 360 yesterday. Pretty impressed.
Be cool if they did a Super Moto ad-on.
Syncro is offline Find More Posts by Syncro
Old May 16, 2014, 02:45 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,790 Posts
Yeah, unfortunately steam is like a system for distributing/selling pc games so to get the mxgp demo you need to install the software and create a login. Developers make the steam version specific for it so steam acts like a game launcher. Steam does other stuff like allow you to manage friends, see who's online so its got some community stuff built into it like a forum does. I only got it to try that mxgp game so not too familiar with it as I have a laptop that barely runs pc games and barely runs mxgp with all settings off/down.

You might be able to play without one, but it was designed for a 2 stick gamepad controller (even the menu doesn't use mouse) as the rider leaning is controlled with 1 stick and stearing is controlled with other. Oh and Im not that fast, the game settings are not a huge change between them honestly so it sounds cool to say that oh its on realistic and pro settings, its just the dev didn't ramp up the difficulty that much lol. Unfortunately, the 2 biggest factors that would keep me playing the game - faster ai, or reliable online both need some patching. The game is easy to pick up and play and it does a really nice job of treating how throttle control and leaning should work more like a sim plus you can shift gears which is rare for an mx game, so its a mix of arcade and sim of sorts.

I tried to run GP Bikes a long time ago and couldn't get it to work, but maybe it was on old system, don't remember. Looking forward to MX Bikes by that Piboso developer. I play another game called MX Simulator and I can play it fine, but its more frustrating to me after 5yrs of playing it. You may have me beat with using a realistic handlebar controller, but do you have a 3ch radio you can use as a game controller? Tried it for a while on the mx sim game but it only has first person or 3rd person camera, its a bit awkward controlling a bike in a game with rc radio. If I could get Piboso to have a stationary camera to track the bikes, I could have a virtual rc bike sim lol.
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old May 16, 2014, 09:23 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,817 Posts
Ok cool, i will give it a go later & see if i can get it downloaded, i used to have problems with lagging & dropping out when i first started to play gp bikes online, i was using one of those wireless connections i ended up getting a cable connection & it worked fine then.
My frankenbar controller lol, definitely had it's advantages on gp bikes with better throttle control & steering than a stick controller & it is fully programmable, do you use one of these virtual RC adaptor to be able to use a 3CH RC controller? i got this a long time ago but have never used it.
Old May 16, 2014, 09:55 PM
MY '75 CZ "FALTA REPLICA" 2010
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,253 Posts
I have the MXGP game that I bought and downloaded from Steam. Short of some of the downfalls that JMc mentions I think it's the best MX or car racing sim ever. I have been racing on line now for a couple of weeks and I love it. The live racing is the best simulated racing I have ever seen because you can actually have collisions with varying outcomes, some cause full out crashes, some just knock you off your line, some cause you to go into lock to lock wobbles, and some just moves you aside as you get passed or jamb inside for a pass. You can land on bikes as you come down from jumps with variable results also, all out crashes with one bike or both bikes going down or neither one crashing. Johnny didn't like that there is no real time penalty (a couple seconds) for a crash, which I agree with too, but if you are involved in a tight race (and you do in this sim!) and you get taken out by someone else's cartwheeling bike, you appreciate the quick reset. On the other hand a sim should simulate the real world time penalties and maybe they should try to make a tip over a couple seconds and a 50 mph get off a few more seconds. Even James Stewart has to stagger back to his bike once in a while!
Johnny also mentioned that the on line racing is a little unreliable which is true. What I've seen is with more than 7 or 8 racers running (the game allows 12 racers in one race) that sometimes the game fails somehow and boots everyone off! Hopefully the programmers will fix this issue soon. But even if they don't I still love this game enough to put up with it. I also see some lag occasionally with a full line of racers ( ten or twelve) but not always. I just boot myself off and find a smaller group to run with. Also Johnny mentioned that some of the on line guys cheat by cutting some of the corners short which is true, but it's not horrible and once you see someone do it, then you need to use those lines too as part of the course.. It requires you to run very tight lines and if you snip too much you get stopped for a penalty for going out of bounds.
The part I like the most is that sand tracks require a totally different driving style than the hard packed tracks do. On the sandy tracks you use the body English (weight shifting) way more conservatively than on the hard pack tracks. Coming out of loamy corners and accelerating up hills requires you to shift your weight forward on the bike to avoid wheelying over backwards. Seat bounces to clear jumps for down ramping are totally required for fast lap times! Some of the tracks have amazing elevation changes and the courses REQUIRES heavy braking to mange tight turns at the bottom of the down hills! (and watch out for the blow overs going up the hills. All the ruts and berms effect cornering too. All in all a great game! Get a new computer Johnny!
TopDave is offline Find More Posts by TopDave
Last edited by TopDave; May 16, 2014 at 10:08 PM.
Old May 17, 2014, 12:24 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,817 Posts
Sounds good Dave, wish i could try it but i can't get the demo to work dammit
Old May 19, 2014, 01:37 AM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,790 Posts
@TJ, wow that frankinbar looks crazy. Very cool though! I got something to your rc device maybe, mine is for VRC Pro virtual racing game. Nothing special like your tricked out realistic sim bars, its a usb device that connects your 3ch radio to it and plugs into pc acts like a basic controller.

So demo isn't working at all? Does it give an error? You have DirectX 9.0c?

Great points Dave, glad to hear you got it! I think I probably get screwed a bit being in Calif / Pacific Time with 3hr difference to East coasters. I get on later after kids are asleep, etc so by 10pm my time its 1am east coast. Aside from the late gamers, its probably players in Europe and the game's online just doesn't seem optimized to handle this.

Yeah Dave, Ive been wanting to upgrade to a nice pc for, well I swear Im always like 5 yrs behind the times when it comes to pc's. This laptop was a budget one to begin with maybe 3 yrs ago, so yeah, laptop sucks and always being behind in tech sucks. Welcome to my life lol.
Old May 19, 2014, 09:45 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,817 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc View Post
@TJ, wow that frankinbar looks crazy. Very cool though! I got something to your rc device maybe, mine is for VRC Pro virtual racing game. Nothing special like your tricked out realistic sim bars, its a usb device that connects your 3ch radio to it and plugs into pc acts like a basic controller.

So demo isn't working at all? Does it give an error? You have DirectX 9.0c?

Great points Dave, glad to hear you got it! I think I probably get screwed a bit being in Calif / Pacific Time with 3hr difference to East coasters. I get on later after kids are asleep, etc so by 10pm my time its 1am east coast. Aside from the late gamers, its probably players in Europe and the game's online just doesn't seem optimized to handle this.

Yeah Dave, Ive been wanting to upgrade to a nice pc for, well I swear Im always like 5 yrs behind the times when it comes to pc's. This laptop was a budget one to begin with maybe 3 yrs ago, so yeah, laptop sucks and always being behind in tech sucks. Welcome to my life lol.
Lol, come on mate it can't be that bad , i made the frankinbar for motoGP 08 out of stuff i had laying around & a flight joystick controller lol & i was surprised it worked as well as it does & it worked on gpbikes just as well, i know i won't be able to use it on this game but hopefully on Piboso's one i might.

I couldn't get the demo to work i installed the steam software & downloaded the demo but it won't play & it doesn't give an error message, when i went into steam it said it was there ready to play but when i hit play it says preparing to launch the demo & then nothing happens it did say as it was installing it that it was updating the DirectX thing, i thought i would try & download the demo again but it wouldn't let me so i uninstalled it all , i might try again or i might just have to buy it.
Old May 20, 2014, 06:15 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined May 2011
90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlejunkie View Post
Sounds good Dave, wish i could try it but i can't get the demo to work dammit
there is a demo on ps3 store if ya got a ps3 u must have a ps3 ?
UFRC is offline Find More Posts by UFRC
Old May 20, 2014, 06:27 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined May 2011
90 Posts
man the ps3 uses both analog sticks left side turns r&L rider weight f& b......R side rider forward back lift or somthing like that its all adjustable real natural feel anyways. i have no idea when i unlock the 2strokes i am half way through career,i was disapointed there was no 500cc two strokes to bee seen,im not a real fan of the four stroke mx bikes in general,i went to a local mx nats at murray bridge on weekend great weekend but the four strokes bored me meh just me i guess.
Old May 20, 2014, 08:41 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,817 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFRC View Post
there is a demo on ps3 store if ya got a ps3 u must have a ps3 ?
Lol, yes mate i have a PS3 & am downloading the demo now
Old May 20, 2014, 11:22 AM
United States, OR, Cottage Grove
Joined Nov 2012
68 Posts
Im gonna put this out there As a long Time Fan of MX simulator i have to say MXGP isn't the great and, way to easy, you shouldnt be able to pick up and game and put it on the hardest difficulty and win by 20-40seconds every race... also not great online from what i remember

i like some challenge with my games(mainly meaning if you have no consistency you WILL fall behind and never be able to reclaim your position(just like in real life))

Mx Simulator - 2013 EMF Washougal Battle With Jeremy Smith (4 min 41 sec)

Mx Simulator - 2014 rF Supercross Rd 8 450 Main (19 min 40 sec)

^THE BEST MX GAME OUT

Play online on this simulator you wont look for another MX game(~1000's of tracks and 100's of bikes that can be downloaded for it)
Mastertaco is offline Find More Posts by Mastertaco
Last edited by Mastertaco; May 20, 2014 at 11:42 AM.
Old May 20, 2014, 11:31 AM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,790 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFRC View Post
i have no idea when i unlock the 2strokes i am half way through career,i was disapointed there was no 500cc two strokes to bee seen,im not a real fan of the four stroke mx bikes in general,i went to a local mx nats at murray bridge on weekend great weekend but the four strokes bored me meh just me i guess.
You wont find any 2 strokes sorry. Milestone only uses the bikes found on the teams and riders they based on and I don't think any team for that matter uses 2 strokes in MX2 or MXGP classes. Ive seen hundreds of requests for it on the mxgp facebook page believe me. 500cc would be pretty epic too lol.
Old May 20, 2014, 11:43 AM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,790 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastertaco View Post
Im gonna put this out there As a long Time Fan of MX simulator i have to say MXGP way to easy, you shouldnt be able to pick up and game and put it on the hardest difficulty and win by 20-40seconds every race... also not great online from what i remember

i like some challenge with my games(mainly meaning if you have no consistency you WILL fall behind and never be able to reclaim your position(just like in real life))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNM_Y5UdMc4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nb_NslZMwrA
^THE BEST MX GAME OUT

Play online on this simulator you wont look for another MX game(~1000's of tracks and 100's of bikes that can be downloaded for it)
Been playing mxs since 2009 taco. Its definitely not a pick up and have fun type of game for the more casual gamer, so its for the more hardcore sim player. Time to learn it is steep so its like learning to ride a bicycle lol and then you take training system off, learning to balance lol. Its not very forgiving in some aspects. I like to play for a bit, but appreciate having fun with something that allows for some bumping like MVA (aka MX vs ATV game) or mxgp. Depends on my mood.
Old May 21, 2014, 08:19 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined May 2011
90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc View Post
You wont find any 2 strokes sorry. Milestone only uses the bikes found on the teams and riders they based on and I don't think any team for that matter uses 2 strokes in MX2 or MXGP classes. Ive seen hundreds of requests for it on the mxgp facebook page believe me. 500cc would be pretty epic too lol.
Oh ok thanks for that Jmc,i saw in the tier menu thing 125 250 twostrke ect and presumed they must have to be unlocked i went to see from game manual errr what game manual there is none oh well,......HAy if you have some spare time which is hard to find i know maybe you could add a little mc gaming section to your RC DIRT BIKE ACTION online awesome mag?