SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 23, 2013, 11:02 PM
Joined Jul 2013
1 Posts
Discussion
Fy30a Camera Gimbal Stabalizer

I'm using a Tarot 5D2 camera gimbal. I've mounted the FY30a on top of the camera. I'm currently having 2 main issues and I'm hoping someone can help

First scenario:
I've place the dip switches as the instruction manual states for camera gimbal (1-off, 2-on, 3-on, 4-off). With the switches in this config, all 3 mode switches seem to have about the same affect. The blue LED flashes differently, but even in manual mode, the gimbal acts as if its in Auto Stabilize.

Second Scenario:
I read on some other forum that some people were getting better results by putting the dip switches in standard, fixed wing mode (all off). I tried this and now the mode switch now does exactly what it should. Yay... However whenever I put it in auto stabilize mode it shakes like crazy. The only way I can get it to stop doing that, is by turning all the gains to zero, which basically make auto stabilize not work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

On a side note, hopefully I can save someone the pain I recently went through with the firmware. The versioning is a little weird, normally when a company releases new firmware, they add a note about what that firmware addresses. and different uses may be listed under different headings. So when the website said "v1.20 muti rotor" "v1.16 fixed wing" I didn't realize that I wasn't supposed to grab the latest version. My throttle was acting as a gain on my gimbal and drove me crazy. All my other channels were mixed as well. Eventually I figured it out and flashed v1.16 instead. My fault, but the site probably should have been a littler clearer for us idiots out there.
lacrossj is offline Find More Posts by lacrossj
to remove ads between posts