HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 16, 2012, 10:59 AM
United States, CA, Hidden Valley Lake
Joined Aug 2002
47 Posts
Epoxy,
Yes, I did read the posts, here and elsewhere.
Nowhere did it say this was run by a little old lady.
The trojan was back in October, this is December.
Their voice mail, dated in October, said they were back up and running.
None of this excuses not retuning e-mails and voice mails.
Had they done that, I might still be waiting.
They didn't, I had to act because there is a time limit on when a
CCard company will let you protest a charge.

This person obviously does not know or care enough to run a successful business.
Hopefully, they will soon give up and sell it to someone who can.
You can be as patient as you want.
I'm taking my business elsewhere!

KW_Counter
kw_counter is offline Find More Posts by kw_counter
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 15, 2013, 05:14 AM
Sydney , Australia
Joined Sep 2006
43 Posts
I wish I read this thread last year ,I ordered a number of plans over two monhts ago and still no show, but what cuts me up is that i have sent two emails asking nicely if there where any issues ,and sadly there was no reply.
does any one know if they are still trading I know their site is still working but they should not be taking peoples money if they can not supply.

regards
Rcmeca is offline Find More Posts by Rcmeca
Old Feb 15, 2013, 04:24 PM
Ca. USA
Joined Sep 2008
147 Posts
My card was charged 10 October and I did receive an invoice from RCM plans "service". Nothing else! I have never been able to contact them by either phone number and three e-mails have been ignored. I have dealt with them before and they were always slow but I always got my order in good shape. I suspect this time I've been had. The competition; MAN's Air Age Store charged my card 10 SEPTEMBER. I finally sent them a letter as nothing else worked and got an e-mail today indicating that they have no idea why I didn't get my order. We need a plans service run like a business...anyone willing to volunteer?
Star7 is offline Find More Posts by Star7
Old Feb 15, 2013, 08:30 PM
Gary in Fla
West Palm Beach, Fla
Joined Mar 2006
143 Posts
Plans?!?

I ordered a set of plans from RCM about two and a half months now and still nothing. So far I had made a call and was told that they were to be shipped out on a Friday; heck that was three weeks ago. For me.... that was $27 dollars I threw out the window, I'll be dumping my RCM plan catalog next as it makes no sense to me to even look at it with this service. Need something interesting to build?!? Try Bob Holoman, MAN or Traplet, that is good service.
Gary in Fla is offline Find More Posts by Gary in Fla
Old Feb 15, 2013, 10:48 PM
Sydney , Australia
Joined Sep 2006
43 Posts
Ive lost $45 dollars on this oder but its not the money thats getting me down ,its that I really wanted to build the planes .Ive gone out and bought the balsa and gear while waitng ,these can fortunately be used on new projects ,but RCM should not be charging until the goods are posted.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 11:46 PM
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Mar 2011
130 Posts
RCM Plans

Well I guess I am in the same boat ordered 12-12-12 no plans yet.
Sent and email about a week ago no responce, so in the mean time I bought
a kit instead.

Ken
ken78cvx20 is online now Find More Posts by ken78cvx20
Old Feb 16, 2013, 12:03 AM
M0unt@in M0del$ minion
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2002
7,304 Posts
These guys couldn't suck any harder. I learned my lesson with them a long time ago. Now if I want plans I look to R/C forums or ebay....

Joe
turbojoe is offline Find More Posts by turbojoe
Old Feb 16, 2013, 03:23 AM
AMA 910957
United States, WA, Hoodsport
Joined Mar 2008
5,331 Posts
Its been more than two years since I've ordered from RCM plans. I do remember it taking several weeks to receive the plans. I've ordered several sets of plans between 2008-2010 and received them in a timely fashion.

I do know that the woman that used to manage the plan orders for RCM when they were still in publication bought the rights to the plans and was producing them as a small business venture. Lately I've seen more than one thread questioning the reliability of RCM plans. I do not know for sure, but my guess (for what it's worth) is that there may be a health issue. Again - my guess.

It would be a shame to builders if the availability of these plans ends here. So many designs and categories.

EJWash
EJWash1 is online now Find More Posts by EJWash1
Old Feb 16, 2013, 06:00 AM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
8,979 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojoe View Post
These guys couldn't suck any harder. I learned my lesson with them a long time ago. Now if I want plans I look to R/C forums or ebay....

Joe
I agree-I'd just post in the classifieds and ask for plans I want.....I've done that a couple of times with great results..Last time, Chad had what I needed..It's a viable solution......lots of plans tucked away in closets and computers.
epoxyearl is offline Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 16, 2013, 02:48 PM
Sydney , Australia
Joined Sep 2006
43 Posts
Here is post from another forum, the lady is using the virus excuse but when I log into my account all the details from all of my orders from the last three years are still there including the one I am waiting for,if she is having issues it would be best to let us know ,I have sent four emails now all unansweredBelow is the answer from the other group.

All,

I just called RCM Plans tonight to check on an order I placed on 11/6 and the nice lady on the phone asked for my order number and last name. In talking with her she mentioned that they had a major computer crash and their computers were infected with a virus and they not only lost all their e-mails but all orders and order numbers.

She said she will be shipping out my order in the morning.

If you have placed an order in the last couple of months please call them at 877-247-2290 and give them your order number!

Good luck!
Old Feb 19, 2013, 06:07 PM
Australia, VIC, Kyneton
Joined Apr 2008
332 Posts
Well its some time now since I ordered my plans, if a trojen got all the information how come I can lift all this information of there web sight .
Qty. Products Total
1 ea. RCM SENIOR TELEMASTER $22.50

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$22.50Sub-Total:

$10.00International First Class (Best Way):

$32.50Total:

Status History & Comments Date Order Status Comments
10/29/2012 Processing & Shipping
10/29/2012 Processing & Shipping Credit Card payment. AUTH: 00 TransID: 47

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Delivery Address
paul timms
hallorans lane
kyneton,

Victoria, Australia
Shipping Method
International First Class (Best Way)Billing Address
paul timms
hallorans lane
kyneton,
Victoria, Australia
Payment Method
Credit Card
Now if I can regain this information and have sent 4 emails what can you do next That around 110 days.
To ring them from Australia would just add to the cost. What a loss to the hobby to have a plan service turn out as a get rich project. I hope they spent my money well and enjoyed it. Yours Paul T
paul timms is offline Find More Posts by paul timms
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Saito R 170 and OS 120 SP
Old Feb 20, 2013, 01:27 AM
Joined Jul 2005
83 Posts
somebody needs to go there in person and set it right.
nitrowing is offline Find More Posts by nitrowing
Old Feb 21, 2013, 11:31 PM
Ahh another money pit. :)
United States, CA, Simi Valley
Joined Feb 2013
559 Posts
There is just a PO box for the Address. Other forums express the same concern. I started worrying when I realized that there is no answer to phone calls or email. I hope they are still in business. The Web site is server some where else not at RCM and it is good through August this year base on a post I read. So If any one gets through to them let us know. right now I doubt any one will be able to.
Tom B 1956 is offline Find More Posts by Tom B 1956
Old Feb 22, 2013, 10:43 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
24,784 Posts
From WHOIS:

Code:
Registrant:
RC Modeler
   144 W. Sierra Madre Blvd
   Sierra Madre, CA 91024
   US

Domain Name: RCMPLANS.COM

------------------------------------------------------------------------
   Promote your business to millions of viewers for only $1 a month
   Learn how you can get an Enhanced Business Listing here for your domain name.
   Learn more at http://www.NetworkSolutions.com/
   ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:
   RC Modeler		Admin@CYBERGESTALT.NET
   144 W. Sierra Madre Blvd
   Sierra Madre, CA 91024
   US
   999 999 9999 fax: 999 999 9999

Record expires on 16-Aug-2013.
   Record created on 09-Nov-2005.
   Database last updated on 22-Feb-2013 10:03:23 EST.
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 23, 2013, 12:31 AM
Ahh another money pit. :)
United States, CA, Simi Valley
Joined Feb 2013
559 Posts
The Address looks to be an empty building if 144 is on the end of the building. The wonders of Google maps. Who Knows.
Tom B 1956 is offline Find More Posts by Tom B 1956