SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 23, 2014, 11:15 PM
Joined Oct 2013
43 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp.nn View Post
BLACK is not a good color for visibility. I added Day-glo (red/orange) foil to tail-boom, 2cm wide strips on main-blades, 1cm wide on tail-blades, and some on the servo back sides. Some clear gloss scotch tape is added to keep it from unwrapping as the adhesive is not very strong.
More and more after-market parts are bright high visibility colors, for a reason: If you can't see it you can't fly it.
With the day-glo foil you could fly in much less light.

I reported earlier on a cheese-grade aluminum head for the V120 for about $21. Don't bother. The rotor head is staked-in, and would take a lot of violence to get out. The included main shaft and feathering shaft was bent after I hit a bush (too much gusty winds and wine).
I can bend the feathering shaft with pliers, (!) so I can only guess what the Rockwell hardness is. I don't think either shaft is heat treated. The swash has also developed some play, could be the bearing on the pressed together brass-aluminum parts has come apart some. The large swash bearing is also not sealed, so it is inferior to the original.

I also tried the Microheli blades, and it made the bird very "flippy" and edgy. The gyro/stabilization had problems compensating for its characteristics and made it jiggly.

In a hard landing I got a boom strike which shaved off the tail-servo control rod, so a rotated the tail servo to the top. The tail pitch slider arms also needed to be changed for the inverse action. With a little piece of red day-glo tape on the servo rod it was not too hard to find, about 20 feet away in the grass. The buckle end was busted.
which head are you referring too ?
Ascension is offline Find More Posts by Ascension
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 12:02 AM
Joined Aug 2014
104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascension View Post
which head are you referring too ?
sku: Sku119786
sp.nn is online now Find More Posts by sp.nn
Old Yesterday, 01:36 AM
Slovakia
Joined Sep 2013
691 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboHeli View Post
Sweet. Thanks! Did you have to use any sort of shim or did you have to file the blade down to make it fit?
you only need to file the tail blades. main blades are ok.
jamichx is offline Find More Posts by jamichx
Old Yesterday, 12:31 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,147 Posts
I noticed when putting on KDBB tail blades very tight. . I'll sand them down a tad. Sure don't want tight tail blades on shaft drive tail. I had no idea this was such a nice flying heli. i went for it in July and glad I did. V120D02s and Nano CP-X are very good birds. Nano CP-X with bl makes it even nicer heli..oh my !!
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Yesterday, 12:43 PM
Mexico, Tamaulipas, Tampico
Joined Jun 2014
487 Posts
@ Dankar04....my best 120 flies fine, but on Sat., with about 20 mph winds, three times tail just swung 180 degrees on its own....just tested it without wind and it flew ok...has this happened to you?
ChespiIker is online now Find More Posts by ChespiIker
Old Yesterday, 04:20 PM
Slovakia
Joined Sep 2013
691 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChespiIker View Post
@ Dankar04....my best 120 flies fine, but on Sat., with about 20 mph winds, three times tail just swung 180 degrees on its own....just tested it without wind and it flew ok...has this happened to you?
it could also be tail servo failing. i had this problem and replacing servo solved the problem. also make sure you have tail set up properly.
jamichx is offline Find More Posts by jamichx
Old Yesterday, 07:05 PM
Heli Crash Survivor
United States, AR, North Little Rock
Joined Feb 2011
1,115 Posts
Quote:
There one part failure I keep an eye on after a crash that will cause it to piro out on you, more noticeable on left turns. The tail steering set part number 69 in below diagram has a tail shaft sleeve part number 71 that holds it all together & it will pop loose. To verify if that's causing your problem pop your tail servo rod off your servo & work tail blades back & forth & look for the tail shaft sleeve separating from the tail steering set. If it is I been able to hold the tail steering set & snap the sleeve back in place by pressing it in toward the steering set with a small screw driver.
Crash Survivor is offline Find More Posts by Crash Survivor
Old Yesterday, 08:59 PM
Joined Oct 2014
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shthawk79 View Post
Was looking at this combo for upgrading one of my v120d02s :
http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...oducts_id=7048
I like that it is plug and play and price seems ok. Any thoughts ?
HP10S is reported to be a better 2s motor, and dont forget u need to upgrade ur battery to 2s
ahmad_ie is online now Find More Posts by ahmad_ie
Old Yesterday, 09:33 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,877 Posts
Quote:
I've encountered this recently. It was also one a very windy day. It only happened a couple of times when turning. Hasn't happened since so I had originally thought it was just the wind catching it. I'll go back and read what the others have said and see if there's something mechanical that's having an issue.
RoboHeli is online now Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 09:47 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,147 Posts
I Think 20 mph wind had alot to do with it. Possible tail servo fading like stated/ or both. Look at size of heli and 20 mph wind/ scale that up to full size and what do you have ? My #1 kicks tail to right and know its servo acting up. In 20 mph wind I don't fly anyway. I would check all that is listed here but bet wind just caught bird right way.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04