HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by jim e, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 02:02 PM
USA, MA, Northfield
Joined Sep 2005
641 Posts
Discussion
Tiger 60-rainy day (and sunday)

Good day to start the build of the Tiger 60 kit i bought last summer at a flea market. It is missing the landing gear, has the extra ply for the not included retracts, the center sheeting is not die cut per plans, and the (2) firewalls seem to be the version for the retracts. All okay since i am building an electric tail dragger. Layed out most of the parts by component (tail feathers, wing and fuse) and completed the tail feather framing. Did a little lightening and am planning on sanding the fin, rudder and elevator to a more tapered shape. The 60 size outrunner will mount directly to firewall (x mount)- the firewall will be positioned further forward, a shelf built for battery, and the (larger) hatch will be the access to battery and esc. Uncovered tail feathers weigh 160 grams, will reduce that a little.
Using a plate glass mirror as a building board, clamps and weights and thick mercury ca. Oh- did i mention that my spouse is away for a few days- just finished vacuuming so all is in order.
jim e is offline Find More Posts by jim e
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by jim e; Jun 14, 2010 at 05:32 PM. Reason: info
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 22, 2010, 02:44 PM
Groundloop World Champion
USA, AZ, Glendale
Joined Jan 2002
1,178 Posts
Hey Jim,

Looks like you have all your toes Glad to see you're busy workin' with the balsa (Tiger 60). I've a SuperSportster 60 in the bones. Haven't worked on it in ten years Just may get back to it....or maybe not... also have a Riser 100 on the horizon.

Wow, that's a nice lookin sailplane...have you given thought to electrifying it ??

Robert
old_dude is offline Find More Posts by old_dude
Old Aug 10, 2010, 11:53 AM
USA, MA, Northfield
Joined Sep 2005
641 Posts
fin/rudder cox pt 17

Given away (mailed)
jim e is offline Find More Posts by jim e
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by jim e; Aug 12, 2010 at 09:19 AM. Reason: update