HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 20, 2014, 05:18 AM
Joined May 2014
1 Posts
Hi

Just joined the forum as recently got my son a 9053 helicopter and can't get it to work.

Bought it a while ago and just got around to unpacking it. He got excited and broke the aerial on the controller, he broke the top 2 extension pieces off. Will it still work or should I get another (I see you can get them on ebay).

Bigger issue is that I cannot get the controller to turn on, that is when I turn the controller on the light above the switch does not light up. Batteries are new and good quality. How many batteries are meant to be in it to work, as it can fit 8 and the instructions says to fit both 6 and 8. But from closer inspection it seems that the "battery holder" is missing some contact points, picture below.

Can someone please let me know if it is ok or do I need to buy a new controller?

Thanks
Andrew
bishboy is offline Find More Posts by bishboy
Last edited by bishboy; May 20, 2014 at 05:24 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 22, 2014, 06:47 PM
Joined Jul 2010
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bishboy View Post
Hi

Just joined the forum as recently got my son a 9053 helicopter and can't get it to work.

Bought it a while ago and just got around to unpacking it. He got excited and broke the aerial on the controller, he broke the top 2 extension pieces off. Will it still work or should I get another (I see you can get them on ebay).

Bigger issue is that I cannot get the controller to turn on, that is when I turn the controller on the light above the switch does not light up. Batteries are new and good quality. How many batteries are meant to be in it to work, as it can fit 8 and the instructions says to fit both 6 and 8. But from closer inspection it seems that the "battery holder" is missing some contact points, picture below.

Can someone please let me know if it is ok or do I need to buy a new controller?

Thanks
Andrew
LoL this is what they could call a monday morning product...

jeezz sorry it had to happen to you, same happened to me on a brand new RC tank
opened it up, leds where wired wrong + smoke generator plug was inserted in flash

anyways... if your handy enough u could make the missing connectors urself
(i could do it for free i you lived close)

or alternative, make a battery pack (could use a lipo) the make sure the voltage equals the 8x AA 1.2 = 9.6v (so toys have 9.6v pack, maybe salvage?)

about the antenna, well close range would not be to big problem, say inside house
but outside could provide problems you want to avoid...

they can be pushed back in if you still got a the missing parts...
even if you didn't than u could solder them shut into the last part (extended)

hope this makes sense since English is not my native speech
G60FORCE is offline Find More Posts by G60FORCE
Old Jun 08, 2014, 03:29 PM
Joined Jul 2010
21 Posts
YES... some moron want to trade her Hubsan Quad V2 with my last 9053 heheh
so long suckas!!!
G60FORCE is offline Find More Posts by G60FORCE
Old Oct 11, 2014, 04:36 AM
Hungary, Gyr-Moson-Sopron, Győr
Joined Oct 2014
29 Posts
Hello!

Im quiet new here, i had my 9053 for a few months but I havent really used it. I had it as a room decoration because its huge 1 month ago i got a collective pitch 6 channel E-sky Honey Bee King 3 ... So just because the HBK3 was a bit more a proper heli like i played mostly with it. I dont have to mention it was a disaster, mostly crash after crash and sometimes i did crashed it as well . So after like 4 sets of wooden blades and lots of work (rebuilding) i decided to put the HBK3 back on the shelf and start mastering my 9053, before I move on to the HBK3 again. There is one problem with the 9053:
- Transmitter can lead to bad habit of controlling RC Helis, because the left hand only controll the throttle, and right hand controll forward/back, and nose rotation!!! Hold on nose rotation should be on the left hand with the throttle stick!

I dont know if anybody all ready posted reporting the transmitter mod is possible to change controll layout, but yesterday i did it in like 10 mins. So now i got left hand throttle/noise rotation(yaw) , right hand forward/backward only. The transmitter sticks remain extremly accurate after the swap, and now i dont have worry about getting used to for this type of controll and having crashes on 4 or more channel helis because of this. If you guys would like to do this swap and experience difficulties with it, just ask me and I will make a youtube tutorial how to do it.
tibyy17 is offline Find More Posts by tibyy17
Last edited by tibyy17; Oct 11, 2014 at 05:22 AM.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 04:19 PM
United Kingdom, England, Weston-super-Mare
Joined Sep 2014
31 Posts
I was thinking about doing this mods so yes please if you can do a video
Y8cel is offline Find More Posts by Y8cel
Old Oct 13, 2014, 11:56 AM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,713 Posts
Here is a mini how to blog i did some years back.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1369698

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1369704
kdean is online now Find More Posts by kdean
Old Oct 16, 2014, 06:10 AM
Joined Oct 2014
29 Posts
Great tutorial kdean! Shame i couldnt find it. But like i said its an easy mod. Y8cel you should be able to do the swap with this tutorial, however if you face any difficulties just get back to us.
I also wanted to ask if anybody succesfully moved on to CP helis after mastering 9053 or its strongly recommended to take FP as a next step?
Old Oct 17, 2014, 09:55 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,713 Posts
I skipped FP and got a walkera V400D02 FBL CP. It also turned into a project heli needing alot of mods, but the learning experience was very helpfull. I now have 9 different helis ranging from a M120D01 all the way up to a Trex 700 size. Plus two small planes and my latest project is 1.8 meter wing span FPV plane. This hobby is addictive, and there is always something to learn.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 12:34 PM
Joined Oct 2014
29 Posts
Cheers! I really dont wanted to invest in to a FP heli, so after lots of practicing with the 9053 and sim flying I'll take the Esky off the shelf again and give it another go...
Old Oct 18, 2014, 03:49 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,713 Posts
The trick to learning CP is to keep it low at first. Co-axe heli are made to stay in a hover position, where CP helis need your inputs to stay in a hover. By starting low, just a few inches off the ground, you have a better chance to "bail out" ( get the heli back on the ground safely) when things start to feel strange or you lose orientation. I hovered my V400 in my living room, never more than 3 feet off the ground, for the first 10 to 20 flights. Just learning how to keep the the heli off of the ground, in one spot, and keeping the tail towards me. Once I started getting comfortable moving in forward, backward, and side to side, i had to get a smaller heli (m120d01) to give me more space to work with.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 01:08 PM
Joined Oct 2014
29 Posts
That what I was thinking. I did ordered a skyartec wasp 100 nano CP to have a chance to practice hovering, and other basic's in my living room before I take the HBK3 outside.
By the way its really cool to have a Co-axe, after so many crashes and disappointments with CP, if i wouldn't have a 9053, i surely would give up on Rc helis all ready... Its just so easy to fly and keeps me motivated, so I dont give up learning CP flying.
Ps.: I got the chance to try FP (WL V911) Its very similar experience to Co-axe, just higher speed, and aileron controll. I didnt crashed it and also had a succesfull landing after like 4 mins in the air. So Co-ax and Fp is a piece of cake, but why the hell is CP so difficult to fly?!
Last edited by tibyy17; Nov 20, 2014 at 07:33 AM.