HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 14, 2009, 10:53 AM
Have you seen my nut?
Omaha, Nebraska
Joined Mar 2006
2,417 Posts
Rave
Black Tornado

Just got my first Black Tornado and dropped it into my foam T-45. Sapac, I hope you never stop selling this motor. I have never seen a 64mm motor with the power this thing has and on 3s. It says the motor is rated to 4s but it by no means needs 4s.

On 3s at WOT I am pulling 53amps and putting out 580watts.

I wasn't sure how the motor would hold up on this, but figured if its 4s rated, lets give it a try. I put over 10 flights on it this weekend with no problems at all.

Thank you MFALLON for your info on this motor. I will post what you told me on here as hopes others that need the info will have it.

If your ESC as a PW setting set it to 12
Timing set to: LOW
Brake: OFF (no brainer if your not new to EDFs)

Make sure you have a ESC that can handle this motor. I didn't and it was all my problems.

Thanks SAPAC for a great little motor. Now thinking more of these in my starmax 64mm planes.
Lithonion is offline Find More Posts by Lithonion
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 16, 2009, 08:31 AM
WiggleWiggleWiggle
South Australia
Joined Jan 2008
6,069 Posts
Sounds awesome Lithonion. What fan are you running it in? What esc did you end up using?
Where can I get one to try?
ozzi supercub is offline Find More Posts by ozzi supercub
Old Sep 24, 2009, 12:25 PM
Checking CG is for NERDS!
Joined Jun 2005
5,347 Posts
I'm running this motor and a 70mm SAPAC fan in my Phase-3 EF-16 on 4s (after bouncing my SAPAC F-16 :O ) and it ROCKS... well over 100mph, probably closer to 110-115!

I'd run Black Tornados in everything if I could.

Also, you can't argue with the price...IIRC, it was under $40, no?
Smokescreen38 is offline Find More Posts by Smokescreen38