HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 17, 2014, 05:16 PM
United Kingdom, Scunthorpe
Joined Dec 2011
16 Posts
Discussion
Hobbyking 6 channel transmitter

Hi,

I have a Hobbyking 6 channel transmitter V2 and it seems to have a pretty short range. I was flying my quadcopter today and as I flew it a little bit higher ( height of a lamp post), the signal seemed to have been lost and the whole thing starting falling down towards the ground, lucky it recognised the signal just before the ground so I could apply some throttle and reduce the impact. What has happened to my transmitter??? I opened it up and found the wire going into the antenna bit was lose so I soldered it back into place. Could that of affected it? I flying in an estate with quite a few houses around me, if that affects anything.

Thanks
Aviator001
Aviator001 is online now Find More Posts by Aviator001
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 18, 2014, 08:37 AM
United States, NY, East Farmingdale
Joined Dec 2013
154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator001 View Post
Hi,

I have a Hobbyking 6 channel transmitter V2 and it seems to have a pretty short range. I was flying my quadcopter today and as I flew it a little bit higher ( height of a lamp post), the signal seemed to have been lost and the whole thing starting falling down towards the ground, lucky it recognised the signal just before the ground so I could apply some throttle and reduce the impact. What has happened to my transmitter??? I opened it up and found the wire going into the antenna bit was lose so I soldered it back into place. Could that of affected it? I flying in an estate with quite a few houses around me, if that affects anything.

Thanks
Aviator001
That is indeed a very short range and not consistent with the TX's specs. A loose solder joint could certainly affect the range so if you've now fixed that have you flown the quad since?

Flying in an estate with quite a few houses around should (I say "should" because there are no guarantees) not have an effect on the TX or RX though I would suggest you be VERY careful around other houses/people/pets/cars... etc!

Rob

HK CS NY
HobbyKingCSNYC is offline Find More Posts by HobbyKingCSNYC
Site Sponsor
Old Today, 03:21 AM
United Kingdom, Scunthorpe
Joined Dec 2011
16 Posts
Hello,

I stripped back some of the plastic on the wire when soldering and made sure there was a good joint. Still bad range though. The receiver is mounted on the bottom of my quad with the antenna left hanging to make sure there are no obstacles in the way. I flew up to the height of a lampost and was not standing that far away when it wouldn't respond to my roll inputs, the quad then responded suddenly and flipped over and crashed. Luckily its only bent landing gear but I really want more range on my transmitter because I want to start filming with it. Any help??

Thanks
Aviator001 is online now Find More Posts by Aviator001