HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 04, 2014, 11:33 AM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lavagt View Post
That's the V1 and is not made anymore. Only the new V2 is avaible for purchase these days, it comes with a large hatch and both mounts for either GP or EP.
- Adam
Adam,

Don't fret for little O'L me

I have done Glow-To-Electric Conversions before so, if I don't sell or trade it, not a problem.

Here is someone who has done one himself and looks super easy, much easier than I thought.

Of course it is in Venezula (South America) and it is in Castellano (Spanish) and good thing I know three Languages including Spanish.

http://www.rclatino.com/phpBB3/viewt...p?f=32&t=10392

Pitts
PittSpecial is offline Find More Posts by PittSpecial
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 04, 2014, 02:21 PM
Condescending Pedant
Joined Aug 2013
820 Posts
Fortunately, the pictures were in English, so easy to read them. I like the idea of moving the nose gear to the inside of the firewall.
Mike Dubovsky is offline Find More Posts by Mike Dubovsky
Old Sep 04, 2014, 03:48 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Dubovsky View Post
Fortunately, the pictures were in English, so easy to read them. I like the idea of moving the nose gear to the inside of the firewall.
Mike,

I am thinking about making mine a Tail dragger!

I have spare main landing gear from the Great Planes Super Sportster EP.

Plus the wheel pants!

We shall see....
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 04, 2014, 06:16 PM
Condescending Pedant
Joined Aug 2013
820 Posts
So with the wheel pants do you put on wheel underwear, or do the wheels go commando? Are you putting the landing gear on the fuse just in front of the wing?
Mike Dubovsky is offline Find More Posts by Mike Dubovsky
Old Sep 04, 2014, 06:51 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Dubovsky View Post
So with the wheel pants do you put on wheel underwear, or do the wheels go commando? Are you putting the landing gear on the fuse just in front of the wing?
Yes, it will be just in front of the wing.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 05, 2014, 11:31 AM
United States
Joined May 2000
5,151 Posts
Carefull with placement carlos. Try to get the axles as close to direcly under the leading edge as possible, when in horizontal, flying attitude. If it's occassionally difficult to taxi without nosing over, your in the right spot <G>. Everyone seems to want mains really far forward so they're easy to taxi. Problem with that is they dart right and left on takeoff and bounce and bounce on landing
GWRIGHT is offline Find More Posts by GWRIGHT
Old Sep 05, 2014, 11:57 AM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,259 Posts
Thanks Gary!

I may not place the main landing gear in front of the leading wing since I have decided to place (make) a battery hatch underneath the frontal side of the FUSE.

Carlos
RCG Plus Member