SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 23, 2014, 11:31 PM
United States, CA, Long Beach
Joined Sep 2011
827 Posts
I understand that but when you search for rcmplans that comes up. That is the point I was trying to make...

Doesn't matter anymore the site is down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roversgonemad View Post
That doesn't stop them. BBB is not an enforcement agency. They can give their opinion, but if no one sees it, they can still get ripped off.
kingconsulting is offline Find More Posts by kingconsulting
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 23, 2014, 11:36 PM
Dragons, Windmills. All Same.
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined May 2002
3,969 Posts
A BBB rating can be bought.

"Businesses are under no obligation to seek BBB accreditation, and some businesses are not accredited because they have not sought BBB accreditation.

"Some" ?

BBB accreditation = money.

By the way, perhaps just cause a website name could be up for sale, may not mean all of it's contents are too.
jcstalls is offline Find More Posts by jcstalls
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 24, 2014, 06:16 AM
Joined Oct 2010
385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcstalls View Post
A BBB rating can be bought.

"Businesses are under no obligation to seek BBB accreditation, and some businesses are not accredited because they have not sought BBB accreditation.

"Some" ?

BBB accreditation = money.
Or not bought.

The company I work for has been in business for over 20 years and has never bothered with joining the BBB, therefore, the business is not "accredited".
The thing is, it's rating is perfect, and the owners couldn't care less if they are accredited or not.
What matters is that our customers love us, and most of our customers have been loyal to the company since the beginning.

The BBB doesn't mean squat. What matters is how a business runs and takes care of it's customers, and RCM Plans has proven long ago that they aren't a "top notch" company, long before their rating slipped with the BBB.
Treeline is online now Find More Posts by Treeline
Old Aug 24, 2014, 12:50 PM
Dragons, Windmills. All Same.
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined May 2002
3,969 Posts
True!

Sad that some think the "Bureau" of the BBB acronym is some sort of government organization, when in fact is a private for profit organization.

How the BBB had a right to list a business that does not belong to it is more sad.

Nice you have a good rating, as Service is King

RCM does not appear to be pro-active in resolving it's challenges.

If they were; refund all undelivered items in full (yet I think all funds have already been spent with little surplus) and stop selling what they are unwilling to supply,
jcstalls is offline Find More Posts by jcstalls
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 24, 2014, 07:49 PM
AMA 667982 KG7NKY
Tucson, AZ, USA
Joined Sep 2000
1,988 Posts
Unfortunately , I believe that all those masters are lost or molding away in some dark, damp storage room. It's sad. I think that the only way to preserve them now is to scan what is left of the magazine plans and articles and store them in several sites around the World. But it has to be correctly scanned and accurately sized and cleaned. Big project.
starcad is offline Find More Posts by starcad
Old Aug 24, 2014, 09:05 PM
United States, MO, Stockton
Joined Oct 2013
606 Posts
rcm plans

Quote:
Originally Posted by starcad View Post
Unfortunately , I believe that all those masters are lost or molding away in some dark, damp storage room. It's sad. I think that the only way to preserve them now is to scan what is left of the magazine plans and articles and store them in several sites around the World. But it has to be correctly scanned and accurately sized and cleaned. Big project.
yes a totally large project for one or two people, bt not for a group, it may take a little longer and may not be the fully complete set, but I think if we can get something going, most of the plans will be available within a year or two
slam555 is offline Find More Posts by slam555
Old Aug 24, 2014, 09:43 PM
United States, ID, Idaho Falls
Joined Feb 2013
598 Posts
There are already 124 RCM plans on Outerzone. There are people out there already starting. The other site already mentioned here also has some. It's a shame to lose all the masters, but after getting ripped off by these people, I say good riddance!! The RC community will gather these plans back together and we'll be just fine without these criminals. I suspect they sent out all the emails about refunds etc, just to keep us on the hook long enough to not file with our credit card companies and banks. I know it worked on me, and now I am out $34.... However, I got the plans I needed from Outerzone, so it's not a total loss.

EDIT: Not quite 124, there are a few RCM&E plans in there, either way, close to 100, give or take, so it's a good start!
roversgonemad is offline Find More Posts by roversgonemad
Last edited by roversgonemad; Aug 25, 2014 at 04:40 PM. Reason: re-counted the number of RCM plans on Outerzone
Old Aug 25, 2014, 02:39 PM
United States, TN, Thompson's Station
Joined May 2004
187 Posts
Yup, the site is finally down. Ding dong the witch is dead. This should stop people from pouring more money down the drain.

Thank you starcad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingconsulting View Post
I understand that but when you search for rcmplans that comes up. That is the point I was trying to make...

Doesn't matter anymore the site is down.
tblount70 is offline Find More Posts by tblount70
Old Aug 25, 2014, 09:01 PM
Joined Oct 2013
606 Posts
rcm

I would like to see a shared rcm plan thread here
Old Aug 25, 2014, 09:34 PM
Joined Oct 2010
385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tblount70 View Post
Yup, the site is finally down. Ding dong the witch is dead. This should stop people from pouring more money down the drain.

Thank you starcad.
Sure does seem that the RCM site is down now, and good riddance.

Another "Thank you, starcad" for starting the reconstruction of all those old plans that should NOT be lost from the hobby.
It would have been nice if the new seller of those plans had provided for that site's continuance into the future, but that doesn't seem to have happened.

Now it's time for anyone with any of those plans to get in touch with starcad and let him put them back up so that they can be archived for the future of the hobby.

If some heir to the ownership of those plans comes forward at some point, fine, but until then, they need to be gathered, archived and protected for safe keeping in case the supposed owner of them never does reappear.
Treeline is online now Find More Posts by Treeline
Old Aug 26, 2014, 12:07 AM
AMA 667982 KG7NKY
Tucson, AZ, USA
Joined Sep 2000
1,988 Posts
Yah! not pointing any fingers at anyone but I believe that the person that acquired the plans had good intentions when she moved the business to Oregon. Something happened and we will probably never no the whole story but it sure would provide some closer for a lot of us that remember RCM and there contribution to Radio Control Modeling. I'm working on the page and have acquired a few more designs. As soon as I get caught up on the page, I'll start uploading more.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 01:17 PM
WMD
Bradford, UK
Joined Jan 2010
1,166 Posts
Quote:
...what I have of the RCM plans in PDF format are there. I know this is a risk, but someone has to flush them out into the open. Lets see if they send me a C&D...
Good idea. You have my full support, let me know if I can help in any way.

Steve
WMD is online now Find More Posts by WMD
Old Aug 26, 2014, 09:29 PM
AMA 667982 KG7NKY
Tucson, AZ, USA
Joined Sep 2000
1,988 Posts
Steve you already have helped. The more we can dry these people up by not sending them money and by increasing the pressure on them to come out of hiding, the better for modelers. I don't believe they will send me anything as they fear retribution in more ways than just you or I.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 12:50 AM
AMA 667982 KG7NKY
Tucson, AZ, USA
Joined Sep 2000
1,988 Posts
Interesting turn of events guys, it appears that someone has updated the RCMPlans Domain until Aug. 2015. I wonder if whoever plans to open the site back up and again take money and not send product.

http://www.whois.com/whois/rcmplans.com
Old Aug 28, 2014, 06:26 AM
Joined Oct 2013
606 Posts
Quote:
Interesting turn of events guys, it appears that someone has updated the RCMPlans Domain until Aug. 2015. I wonder if whoever plans to open the site back up and again take money and not send product.

http://www.whois.com/whois/rcmplans.com
Really doesn't matter if the new thread and free rcm plans is here