HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 15, 2012, 10:51 PM
who has rabbit ears down
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jan 2007
3,591 Posts
no PPC

this is the same view I've had 5 times- and the reasonI bought a SnowLeopard Book Pro- lives @ work, does things @ lunchtime
I do stand somewhat corrected, however, as I think Unix is the driver here- but then, why does this/ drive and that Not??!
---edit---
not to mention, TC MacPro 6 will export these (pic) but the Lion won't view them! check out Mac support- and the m Lion will be worse!
Captain Canardly is offline Find More Posts by Captain Canardly
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Captain Canardly; Aug 15, 2012 at 11:03 PM. Reason: added Jpegs, info
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:06 AM
Joined Jun 2005
35 Posts
You are correct neither Lion nor Mountain Lion will support the older PPC-based programs. MacFoil will not run under Lion and Mountain Lion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyboi01 View Post
I have MacFoil running successfully on Snow Leopard (OS 10.6.X) on an Intel iMac. Not sure I understand the comment about PPC machines and remaining with Tiger (OS 10.4.X)

Can someone confirm that indeed either Lion or Mountain Lion will not support older PPC-based programs? I don't want to lose this Macfoil capability again by upgrading my OS.

Again, I have MacFoil operating on an Intel iMac with OS10.6. The trick was the REALLY SIMPLE TEXT app.
KeithMc is offline Find More Posts by KeithMc
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:07 AM
Joined Jun 2005
35 Posts
Here is a copy of an email I received from Dave Johnson regarding MacFoil.

Dear MacFoil customers,

Unfortunately, MacFoil will NOT work under Apple's new operating system, Lion (version 10.7). Furthermore, there are currently no plans to update MacFoil for the latest system. So I'm afraid MacFoil will soon be relegated to the growing pile of "old programs that only work on old computers."

I suspect that I will release the source code into the public domain, so that if some enterprising young Mac programmer and aircraft modeler wants to take the time it can be reborn. Or perhaps after I retire I'll take the plunge myself.

One last bit of news: the MacFoil website will be disappearing soon as well (I canceled my contract with Earthlink). Sometime in the future, it will probably appear again at www.chenerystreet.com (but that will require a free weekend with nothing better to do...a very rare event these days).

Thank you all sincerely for finding MacFoil valuable enough to actually pay a little money for: I can't imagine a better reward for writing it.

Dave Johnson
KeithMc is offline Find More Posts by KeithMc
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:56 PM
who has rabbit ears down
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jan 2007
3,591 Posts
Keith could you please forward a copy of dave's E Mail to me? I'd love to give him (my ) Share!
Johnny
Captain Canardly is offline Find More Posts by Captain Canardly
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Doin' What come naturally!