SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 08, 2011, 11:51 AM
Team White Llama
USA, IL, Mundelein
Joined Mar 2005
1,042 Posts
Those servos are the absolute worst EVER!!!
thefokker is offline Find More Posts by thefokker
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 08, 2011, 12:15 PM
Love my scale Whirlybirds
Mississauga, Ont., Can.
Joined Sep 2009
2,444 Posts
Rather than carry on about servos that are not even in production yet, wait until they arrrive before condeming them. They are not the same servo. There are a lot of parts that are new, including the gyro and servos, so unless you have privileged information about those parts that are not yet available, don't shoot your wad off before the release of the heli. I will wait to compare the new version with the one I have and the new parts against the ones I have upgraded on mine.

Don
Keyrigger is offline Find More Posts by Keyrigger
Old Feb 11, 2011, 05:13 AM
Flying is Fun.Even if U Crash!
Australia, VIC, Ringwood
Joined Jul 2010
436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyrigger View Post
Rather than carry on about servos that are not even in production yet, wait until they arrrive before condeming them. They are not the same servo. There are a lot of parts that are new, including the gyro and servos, so unless you have privileged information about those parts that are not yet available, don't shoot your wad off before the release of the heli. I will wait to compare the new version with the one I have and the new parts against the ones I have upgraded on mine.

Don
Here here! Well put... Yes the B400 has it's weak points... But have they fixed them on this B450? Who knows? Not in production yet!

But B400 has been good to me, easy to fix, easy to fly after you tame it down a lot, my first CP heli and I'm enjoying it a lot and I've learnt a lot too!

I think it's just a replacement to the B400.... Which is a good thing... So with my B400 and the new mcpx? The fun continues...

Keep up the development please e-flite!

Chris
Claydoc is offline Find More Posts by Claydoc
Last edited by Claydoc; Feb 11, 2011 at 05:16 AM. Reason: No finished
Old Feb 11, 2011, 10:02 AM
Mt helena western australia
Joined May 2009
2,013 Posts
my Q is why didnt they make a 600? a 450 is just way to close to the 400 i dont think it will be worth getting
rangamatchstic is offline Find More Posts by rangamatchstic
Old Feb 11, 2011, 10:44 AM
Semper Fly!
Joined Dec 2010
469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangamatchstic View Post
my Q is why didnt they make a 600? a 450 is just way to close to the 400 i dont think it will be worth getting
Also the fact that the market is already flooded with 450's, and much better ones in my opinion. not a great way to make yourself stand out as a company.
RC_Marine is offline Find More Posts by RC_Marine
Old Feb 11, 2011, 05:06 PM
I meant to do that!
United States, IN, West Terre Haute
Joined Apr 2007
1,206 Posts
Looks like Horizons continuing the over-priced plastic junk series
Oracus is offline Find More Posts by Oracus
Old Feb 11, 2011, 09:51 PM
Joined May 2009
2,013 Posts
yeh, maybe they could make something abit more interesting, actully you know what would be awsome, a tandem (chinhook) cp heli with good rotor heads, tha was actully capable of 3D manuvers, now that is something i would pay big for!
Old Feb 12, 2011, 07:46 AM
Mississauga, Ont., Can.
Joined Sep 2009
2,444 Posts
No, in fact, the market is flooded with junk heli's that are not designed by the ones that market them. A clone is nothing more than somebody's ploy to take money from you to line their pockets while not paying diddly squat for R&D, no matter what its retail cost is. They capitalize on your own greed to not buy from the companies that actually do R&D on heli's, electronics, and support parts. A ten dollar 450 kit is ten dollars that you light on fire and throw to the ground. So much garbage. I laugh at those whose clones come apart on them and cost them money, time and frustration. They deserve it.

Don
Old Feb 12, 2011, 08:40 AM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Latvia, Ventspils pilsēta, Ventspils
Joined Jan 2010
8,389 Posts
Quote:
I laugh at those whose clones come apart on them and cost them money, time and frustration. They deserve it.
And for the majority that do NOT come apart and actually fly - what do you do then ? Gnash your teeth in frustration that you may not be 100% right ?
solentlife is offline Find More Posts by solentlife
Old Feb 12, 2011, 01:14 PM
Mississauga, Ont., Can.
Joined Sep 2009
2,444 Posts
No, I still laugh at them. Ultimately, they loose as there will be some little tidbit of infomation that cannot be gleened from copying the original, and that results in a product that does not work like the original. Guys like you will always come to their defence, but why? Do you feel happy because you bought a cheap copy and it works? Who do you complain to when it doesn't. The theif who sold it to you in the first place? He got his money from you and that is all he wants from you. The original manufacturer that had their property stolen? Good luck to you as you bought into the garbage they sold.

Don
Old Feb 12, 2011, 02:36 PM
Flying is Fun.Even if U Crash!
Australia, VIC, Ringwood
Joined Jul 2010
436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oracus View Post
Looks like Horizons continuing the over-priced plastic junk series
HUH?

I have a few e-flite heli's (mcx, 120 SR, B400) over priced plastic junk????

Also a range of Parkzone birds as well!

So junk? Not at all! I'm very happy, they fly good, you know they'll fly out of the box... BNF is great idea, parts you can get, lots of info on the net, huge customer base world wide..... And great customer service..... What more could you want?

Go try your luck with other brands and see how you go!

B450 is a step forward from the B400, not a big step, but good too see movement !

Chris
Claydoc is offline Find More Posts by Claydoc
Old Feb 12, 2011, 07:24 PM
Joined May 2009
2,013 Posts
keyrigger weve already had a thread about clones, and in the end i decided, align is way over priced, and for a learning heli the hk 450 CLONE is awsome. also you may laugh at the clones, which most of them are great barely noticable from the real thing, but i laugh at the people who go out and buy the 600 dollar trex450 knowing that they just wasted 500 when they could of had the same heli for 100.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 07:33 PM
United States, NJ
Joined Feb 2010
384 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyrigger View Post
No, I still laugh at them. Ultimately, they loose as there will be some little tidbit of infomation that cannot be gleened from copying the original, and that results in a product that does not work like the original. Guys like you will always come to their defence, but why? Do you feel happy because you bought a cheap copy and it works? Who do you complain to when it doesn't. The theif who sold it to you in the first place? He got his money from you and that is all he wants from you. The original manufacturer that had their property stolen? Good luck to you as you bought into the garbage they sold.

Don
All that my EXI needed was a tail servo tray. Also EXI forgot to thread one of the hexagonal bolts that go into the boom block. I ordered genuine Align ones to replace the one EXI bolt and guess what, one of them wasn't threaded. So Align has no better quality control than EXI and costs 4 times the price.
Also if you have problems, you can go to Xheli and they'll take care of you. They have sent my friend free parts to replace ones that did not come to spec.
SYMAWD is offline Find More Posts by SYMAWD
Old Feb 12, 2011, 07:35 PM
Mississauga, Ont., Can.
Joined Sep 2009
2,444 Posts
Not in your dreams. Product development to produce good quality flyers costs real money and theft is all clones are. I hope you enjoy the bitter taste of your savings. At least I can call up the manufacturer and get answers about a problem I might have. Oh, that's right, I don't have many, but they are more than happy to take my call. How about your favourite clone? Do they pay for people to man the phones?

Don
Old Feb 12, 2011, 07:46 PM
Mississauga, Ont., Can.
Joined Sep 2009
2,444 Posts
About your clone threads or subject issues, I was not the one bringing up the issue, those that diss HH and other brands did the nasty. This was a thread about the new Blade 450, not about other 450's on the market. Take care.

Don

PS. It must be an example of good quality control when parts are not finished nor included in the first box. Seems it takes a couple of tries just to finish one kit or is that not what I just finished reading? This is not the first time I have read this nor will it be the last. At least HH takes the time to test fly all their RTF products and make sure they are complete.