Old Yesterday, 12:31 PM
Houba ! Houba !!
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Sep 2003
6,076 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayno Complaino View Post
Done it, I succumb to peer pressure too easily

Been away today and have the girls tomorrow, if its nice out I may take them up the field for a quick visit.
beware the field doesn't look that clean these days. the sheep have been and gone again not without leaving us a little present,.
rcmonster99 is offline Find More Posts by rcmonster99
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 12:48 PM
If it flies.....I can crash it
United Kingdom, England, Preston on Stour
Joined Nov 2011
2,431 Posts
I'm a little confused with some recent prop testing I've been doing. My bonsai wing is running a multi star 1704 on 3s the same as my 250 quad and I have previously run both on the cheap three blade 5 x 3 gemfan props....I recently changed the 250 to the HQ 6x3 carbons and it's great on both 3 and 4s. Yesterday I swapped the Bonsai over to the HQ props expecting it to be superior to the Gemfans.....it wasn't, in fact it was pants and only just managed to keep the wing in flight at full throttle.
I'm starting to think I should swap the 250 back to the gemfans or try and set up a thrust measuring rig.

I know it's not the most exciting post but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced something similar??

Or could save me the time setting the rig up and do a thrust test with the same props?
blackbrabus is online now Find More Posts by blackbrabus
Old Yesterday, 12:49 PM
If it flies.....I can crash it
United Kingdom, England, Preston on Stour
Joined Nov 2011
2,431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmonster99 View Post
beware the field doesn't look that clean these days. the sheep have been and gone again not without leaving us a little present,.
Everyone that went to Rebound should be experts in dodging Sheep mines lol
blackbrabus is online now Find More Posts by blackbrabus
Old Yesterday, 01:04 PM
Houba ! Houba !!
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Sep 2003
6,076 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbrabus View Post
Everyone that went to Rebound should be experts in dodging Sheep mines lol
Ah yes but our sheep came straight from the jurassic park...any zoologist would be amazed at their bi products !!!!
rcmonster99 is offline Find More Posts by rcmonster99
Old Yesterday, 03:02 PM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsz View Post
Hi Mike
Anything you need, would you mind PM me?
I'm in charge of product promotion and tech support at SurveilZone. Any good item and video, I'd love to share. If there is anything wrong with our products, I'm open for your suggestion and will reply to you as soon as possible.

Best Regards
David
Hello David at surveilzone!

why not start a thread on RCG for pilot view (i.e. not HD) videos, you offer cameras (or other FOV goodies) for prizes?

You can send me a camera to try of you like, I need a better one. All mine seem to suffer from going blind when the sun shines on them, or washed out colours. Or both. What should I get?
MikeTheCrash is online now Find More Posts by MikeTheCrash
Old Today, 03:08 AM
Cable ties & ductape
United Kingdom, Wilmslow
Joined May 2011
2,329 Posts
Quote:
Done it, I succumb to peer pressure too easily

Been away today and have the girls tomorrow, if its nice out I may take them up the field for a quick visit.
Well played

Meant to start the build of mine, but somehow managed to come down with a chest infection and lose my garage keys, great.

Update: Kid hid them in her toybox...time to buy a locator thing..
DodgeRC is online now Find More Posts by DodgeRC
Last edited by DodgeRC; Today at 03:29 AM.
Old Today, 03:44 AM
Still flying a desk..
United Kingdom, High Wycombe
Joined Sep 2001
1,893 Posts
Quote:
Disco Pro with aluminium arms and 12" props. flys SO much better :-)
So what motors are you using?
(They look like sunnkysky 2216's)
I didn't think they could turn a 12" prop with enough torque to use on a multirotor.
(I've got SS 2216 980 KV)
ChilternFlyer is online now Find More Posts by ChilternFlyer
Old Today, 03:57 AM
Still flying a desk..
United Kingdom, High Wycombe
Joined Sep 2001
1,893 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTheCrash View Post
Hello David at surveilzone!

why not start a thread on RCG for pilot view (i.e. not HD) videos, you offer cameras (or other FOV goodies) for prizes?

You can send me a camera to try of you like, I need a better one. All mine seem to suffer from going blind when the sun shines on them, or washed out colours. Or both. What should I get?
I want to know what these are like. It has the nextchip chipset so it should be every bit as good as our standard FPV cam but I want the IR sensitive version. (I found that the IR filtered one doesn't work as well.)

http://www.surveilzone.com/DC5V-plas...m-lens-for-fpv

If they are any good I'll order a couple.
ChilternFlyer is online now Find More Posts by ChilternFlyer
Old Today, 06:50 AM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChilternFlyer View Post
I want to know what these are like. It has the nextchip chipset so it should be every bit as good as our standard FPV cam but I want the IR sensitive version. (I found that the IR filtered one doesn't work as well.)

http://www.surveilzone.com/DC5V-plas...m-lens-for-fpv

If they are any good I'll order a couple.
the effio-v looks good too, I think they are going to do a mini version soon.

Too many cameras, too many acronyms and abbreviations, same cameras all sold under different names. Too confusing.

Too little time and money to try them all!

The one you linked is a small, wide voltage, cased version of what sc2000 call the pz2040 or something like that. You probably already have some!
MikeTheCrash is online now Find More Posts by MikeTheCrash