SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Yesterday, 09:40 PM
Find More Posts by awl4sms62
Joined Jul 2015
1 Posts
Discussion
Mystery Motor says Tatone Help Please

I bought this motor and cant seem to find any information on it. I would really like to know what motor it is so I can find out how to get it in the air.
Also if you have any info on the value.
Thank You,
BadBob
awl4sms62 is offline Find More Posts by awl4sms62
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 11:50 PM
Find More Posts by Geoff Potter
Joined Sep 2011
291 Posts
Converted chainsaw engine or such with a tatone Pitts type muffler fitted is my opinion . Way to heavy by today's standards . The last one I converted was way back in the early 2000s. To much other GOOD stuff available now to mess with them .
Geoff Potter is online now Find More Posts by Geoff Potter
Old Today, 06:28 AM
Find More Posts by earlwb
USA, TX, Grapevine
Joined Dec 2008
14,864 Posts
I would concur in that it is a converted chainsaw or trimmer engine. The muffler is a Tatone brand and not the engine brand. Way back in the 1990's through 2000's many people were converting utility engines into RC model airplane engines. The engines tended to be heavy due to the flywheel magneto on them. Plus being converted utility engines they don't develop as much power as they could have. The engines are useable though for trainer and slow flying planes though. But today we have so many other much better and more powerful engines to choose from.
earlwb is offline Find More Posts by earlwb
RCG Plus Member