New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 28, 2015, 05:23 PM
Find More Posts by pmdevlin
Wirral, UK
Joined Jan 2007
478 Posts
nice work on that tub Jeff. not flown anything for ages now, just been off work for a very rare week, and weather has just been awful

I'm trying to find a local club that ticks all the boxes for me, getting a bit bored flying as billy no mates!

Paul
pmdevlin is offline Find More Posts by pmdevlin
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 07:48 PM
FM
Find More Posts by FM
FM
No Static
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Mar 2012
736 Posts
Hopefully no more wheel offs and scuffed up or broken parts. Just replacing everything for the gear.
FM is offline Find More Posts by FM
Old Yesterday, 08:22 PM
Find More Posts by Ace High
Terror of the Skies
Canada, BC, Langley
Joined Mar 2013
440 Posts
Where are the cnc small parts metal sidewalls? Best chance to make the gear last.
Ace High is offline Find More Posts by Ace High
Old Yesterday, 08:37 PM
Find More Posts by dsa44
United States, OH, Chagrin Falls
Joined Apr 2013
560 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonbeam View Post
Just so everyone knows, Diamond does offer both the D and B models in bare aluminum finish..... NO decals or paint markings. Both do have a yellow spinner and plastic front ring but that's it.

http://www.diamondhobby.com/airplane...51b-silver-pnp

http://www.diamondhobby.com/airplane...51d-v8-sil-pnp

These are GREAT for repaints!! And just a word of advise from my own personal experience, if you plan to do a repaint.... do NOT try to repaint "Snoot's Sniper"!!!

For some reason the decals are different than the rest. They are still vinyl, but they are much thinner and are extremely hard to remove without damaging the foam. You're best bet if you want to do a repaint and still want the Malcolm Hood, is to by the bare silver plane and order the Malcolm Hood separately. Because you'll spend the cost of the MH hatch just trying to patch the foam on Snoots.

But BOTH "Snoot's" gave me huge headaches and took a LONG time to get them looking good.
Snoots decals....ain't that the truth!! After trashing the fuse (again) I decided to order a new fuse from MRC. The pic on the website shows no decals, but it arrived with all the decals applied from the factory! Knowing how difficult they were to remove from the last time, I was disappointed. Alpha from MRC suggested adding a few coats of WBPU over the whole bird, painting over the decals entirely, sanding the edges lightly, and then just reapply the decals, as opposed to trying to take them off and mess up the foam.
Thoughts??

I have also queried DH to see if they would sell a silver (unpainted) fuselage alone, outside the pnp kit.

Thought I would have it all done this weekend, looking not likely....

Cheers DSA
dsa44 is offline Find More Posts by dsa44
Old Yesterday, 08:50 PM
Find More Posts by rocketsled666
If it flies, I can crash it.
Joined May 2012
795 Posts
Get 'em hot and I bet they peel off pretty easily. I don't see painting over them to be a better option than peeling off. If you're going to do sanding, you can just as easily do the areas roughed up by the removal, if not more easier, than trying to blend the decal in to the background so you don't see its outline under your paint.
rocketsled666 is online now Find More Posts by rocketsled666
Old Yesterday, 09:29 PM
FM
Find More Posts by FM
FM
No Static
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Mar 2012
736 Posts
I have the stupid monkey braces...I will reinstall them.
FM is offline Find More Posts by FM
Old Yesterday, 10:16 PM
Find More Posts by Ace High
Terror of the Skies
Canada, BC, Langley
Joined Mar 2013
440 Posts
Those will do.

Just like you to get some milage on your investment.
Ace High is offline Find More Posts by Ace High