SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Jun 24, 2014, 11:34 AM
Multirotor Rookie
Joined Jun 2014
18 Posts
Discussion
Turnigy 9X Beeping (low battery?)

I've been putting together my first multirotor and I'm almost ready to fly, all that's left is to configure my radio, test the motors, and then balance/mount props.

I ordered the Turnigy 9X, and when I turn it on there's a constant beeping noise, which from what I've researched is because of low battery. However, the batteries I've put in are fresh (8 AA batteries). The voltage on display on the radio's screen is usually around 8.6, which is puzzling, because it should be higher considering 8 AA's are in (1.5v * 8 = 12?) I figured maybe since I put in cheap batteries, I'll try out a different brand. Bought some fresh Duracells today and put them to get the same thing: constant beeping and a voltage reading of around 8.6.

The beeping wouldn't be a problem, except that when I keep it on the beeps get faster and then die out, which doesn't sound good?

Any advice where to go from here? Is something wrong with my TX? Perhaps I should go with a li-po for it? Sorry, I'm just new to the hobby and a little flustered. Thanks in advance.
Kidney is offline Find More Posts by Kidney
Last edited by Kidney; Jun 27, 2014 at 03:24 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 25, 2014, 09:40 AM
RC Warjet
United States, CA, Jamul
Joined Mar 2013
711 Posts
You need to set the battery calibration and alarm level in the software.
Warjet1950 is offline Find More Posts by Warjet1950
RCG Plus Member
Closed Thread