SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 03, 2012, 06:56 AM
Poland, Podkarpackie, Mielec
Joined Apr 2010
147 Posts
Help!
Spectra 2.4 binding (question)

Hi,
sorry for my English (I'm Polish). I've got the Optic 6 with Spectra 2,4 module. Lately, I has updated the module (v3.01) and an Optima 7. When I bind RX with TX, on the receiver always lights only red LED but on the Optima 6 lite light red and blue Led after change scanning function(sometimes lights only red led before change scanning fun., too). When I had old version, an Optima 6 lite always light both red and blue and the Optima 7 sometimes lights only red or red and blue. Is that normally? How to correctly use scanning mode because I don't understand this funnction? Thanks for help.
Bart10 is offline Find More Posts by Bart10
Last edited by Bart10; Feb 04, 2012 at 08:56 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 03, 2012, 12:40 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart10 View Post
Hi, sorry for my English (I'm Polish). I've got the Optic 6 with Spectra 2,4 module.
Lately, I has updated the module (v3.01) and an Optima 7. When I bind RX with TX, on the receiver
always lights only red LED but on the Optima 6 lite light red and blue Led after change scanning function
(sometimes lights only red led before change scanning fun., too). When I had old version, an Optima 6 lite
always light both red and blue and the Optima 7 sometimes lights only red or red and blue. Is that normally?
How to correctly use scanning mode because I don't understand this funnction? Thanks for help.
There was a change to LED sequence within Spectra V3.01 and Transceiver V2.02 firmware.
Unless the Optima 6 are also updated, the sequence, as you are experiencing, will
remain different until unit is updated

Please refer to notes dated 20 April11 & 7 Oct 11, and the last picture which
explains the scan function under:
. AFHSS - ID_Setup (also known as Binding or Linking) & Range Test Procedure for
........Aurora 9, Spectra 2.4Ghz Module <> Optima Transceiver or Minima Receiver.

The following has information regarding procedure for Optima 6 update,
this if considered necessary after reading the information provided:
. Optima 6, 7 & 9 Ch Transceiver Update V2.02 07Oct11
(•Improved reboot and recovery methods after severe RF interference.) - Requires Module V3.01 and Aurora V1.07+

ex Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, AFHSS Spectra Modules, Optima Transceivers, Minima Receivers
& Telemetry
- FAQ & Undocumented Features
- Mixes, Setups, Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Old Feb 03, 2012, 12:57 PM
Joined Apr 2010
147 Posts
Thanks for answer but I've got other problem. After I change settings in HPP-22 (Optima 7) (without installing soft) and when I go back in the first window of HPP-22 program but LEDs on RX stop light and sometimes light still. Sometimes when I connected the Optima to the HPP, on RX lights only RED or lights nothing. I connected RX second or third time and then everything is OK. Is this normally???I've got athe newest version of HPP-22 [1.11(1)]
Last edited by Bart10; Feb 03, 2012 at 03:17 PM.
Old Feb 04, 2012, 02:13 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for answer but I've got other problem. After I change settings in HPP-22 (Optima 7) (without installing soft) and when I go back in the first window of HPP-22 program but LEDs on RX stop light and sometimes light still. Sometimes when I connected the Optima to the HPP, on RX lights only RED or lights nothing. I connected RX second or third time and then everything is OK. Is this normally???I've got athe newest version of HPP-22 [1.11(1)]
After new soft/firmware for any PC program or unit is installed, best practice is to reboot PC or the individual program.
This includes turning off an Optima's battery and restarting procedure also.

Alan T.
Old Feb 07, 2012, 03:08 PM
Joined Apr 2010
147 Posts
When I had bound RX with TX, on the Optima 6 lite always lighted only red LED in normal mode or red with blue LED in scanning function but recently, when I have bound Rx usually has lighted both red and blue in normal and scanning fun. In service I get answer "When you have a blue and red LED, this means that you have a successful bind " but I though that they say about old version of module . I don't understand why sudennly light red and blue LED usually. PLEASE HELP ME!!!
Old Feb 10, 2012, 01:09 AM
Joined Apr 2010
147 Posts
Recently I has wanted to bind RX again and on the module red LED are blinking after few seconds (too late). I had similar situation when I turned on powerdown mode (I waited more than 3 sec.). This situation is more often now so is something wrong with my module? Is it break? Please help!!!
Old Feb 10, 2012, 03:29 AM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Recently I has wanted to bind RX again and on the module red LED are blinking after few seconds (too late). I had similar situation when I turned on powerdown mode (I waited more than 3 sec.). This situation is more often now so is something wrong with my module? Is it break? Please help!!!
Unable to provide a better answer than the information and pictures made available in the links provided post #2.
Please contact the Hitec distributor in your country to translate or, in need, provide service.

Alan T.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 10:08 AM
Joined Apr 2010
147 Posts
Can reason be a wrong updated module? I updated with turn on other programs on my PC and I didn't 'run as administrator' the HPP-22 program. I updated again (right, as admininstrator) and the problem was still. I updated to old version next to latest version and now everything probably is normal but this problem was after few hours after updated.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 02:15 PM
Joined Apr 2010
147 Posts
I changed level of low voltage alarm (in HPP-22) to 4,6 V and my RX battery was 4,53 V. The module lighted for round 1 sec two or three times but lately everything was normally. Next I changed to 4,7 V and the Spectra 2.4 lighted and beeped round two times and than everything was normally. I changed to 4,8 V and the module lighted and beeped all time. Is this discrepancy (inaccuracy) is normal?
Old Feb 14, 2012, 07:33 PM
Entre Rios - Argentina
Joined Mar 2009
110 Posts
Hello

I am writing in the name of my friends Alberto and Jorge. They have a trouble with his brand Hitec Spectra 2,4Ghz module recently bought at Tower Hobies with two Hitec Optima Receivers (model 7). They dont speak english.
They use a TX Hitec Eclipse, originally in 72mhz.
They made the binding like manualīs explain with the 2 RX successfully.
They fly 2 or 3 times Ok, then they enter Eclipse setup to change flaps configuration and it lost the binding. They tryed with the other RX, and it was the same.
They turn on-off many times, but nevers re binding any RX.
After that they make a test with the TX in fm with the old RX and it was fine, so we think the point is the module…
What coud be the problem? Any suggestion? Solution? Ideas?
Help!
Many thanks!
JuanFe is offline Find More Posts by JuanFe
Old Feb 22, 2012, 11:09 AM
Joined Apr 2010
147 Posts
Hi,

I know that I'm borning but I've got next question. When I bound TX with RX, sometimes module didn't see the receiver. In this time on RX lighted red led and blue blinked or lighted still (but sometimes it blinked very short, too). This situation is usually happened when I stay round 2,5-3 meters for transimitter. Is this normal?

This is a short movie:
Optima 6 Lite with Spectra 2.4 (0 min 17 sec)
Old Feb 22, 2012, 01:36 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanFe View Post
Hello I am writing in the name of my friends Alberto and Jorge. They have a trouble with his brand Hitec Spectra 2,4Ghz module recently bought at Tower Hobies with two Hitec Optima Receivers (model 7). They dont speak english.
They use a TX Hitec Eclipse, originally in 72mhz.
They made the binding like manualīs explain with the 2 RX successfully.
They fly 2 or 3 times Ok, then they enter Eclipse setup to change flaps configuration and it lost the binding. They tryed with the other RX, and it was the same. They turn on-off many times, but nevers re binding any RX.
After that they make a test with the TX in fm with the old RX and it was fine, so we think the point is the module… What coud be the problem? Any suggestion? Solution? Ideas? Help! Many thanks!
Please translate the information, especially the last three pictures available and attached
". AFHSS - ID_Setup (also known as Binding or Linking) & Range Test Procedure" in post #2 above to your friends.
As noted, LED sequence (blue light on rx) may not be same as in instructions held because the sequence depends upon the mix of firmware installed in the module and transceivers/receivers.
Firmware version should be marked on end of respective boxes item was received in, otherwise
version will be displayed on screen when plugged into an HPP-22.
The most common problem is when user is range checking and holds the combined ID-Setup, Power Down
& Scan Function button way to long, enters scan function and resets channels. A reset of all receivers is then required.

Alan T.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 11:48 AM
Entre Rios - Argentina
Joined Mar 2009
110 Posts
Hi Alan
Thank you very much!

I dont know how to reset the RX. What shall i do?
Nothing happens!
I try again many times like the pictures shows, but no bind...
only red led stay on in the TX and in the RX.
I tried many times with differnts screwdrivers to ensure button goes in, but nothing...
push the buton, then TX on (no beeps, quickly flash blue and then red led stay on) , release the buttom...
press RX button, turn on the RX,red led blinking , blinking...
I thanks you again!
Regards!
JuanFe is offline Find More Posts by JuanFe
Old Feb 27, 2012, 01:44 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanFe View Post
Hi Alan
Thank you very much! I dont know how to reset the RX. What shall i do?
Nothing happens! I try again many times like the pictures shows, but no bind...only red led stay on in the TX and in the RX.
I tried many times with differnts screwdrivers to ensure button goes in, but nothing... push the buton, then TX on (no beeps, quickly flash blue and then red led stay on) , release the buttom... press RX button, turn on the RX,red led blinking , blinking I thanks you again! Regards!
1. Please check that the RX battery being used is fully charged, and separation distances
between TX & RX are correct.
2. Retry with battery lead plugged into the SPC port in lieu of a servo port.
(being a softcase 6ch Lite, ensure polarity of plugs inserted into the SPC port is correct as printed on case.)
3. If posts #4 & #6 and pictures under Hitec RX Problem do not also assist and there is still
no link achieved, please refer direct to:
Hitec Warranty & Service
Note: Hitec USA only services North/South America and Canada.
All other countries see appropriate distributor for service.
• If you are from a country that is outside North and South America, please contact the
Hitec distributor in your country for service.

Alan T.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 03:17 PM
y chucu, chucu, chuuuu...
Argentina, Buenos Aires
Joined Apr 2003
597 Posts
I binded my new Optina 6 Lite and Minima 6.

I said I did it because now the respond to the radio (EVO 9 + Spectra Module)

It is ok to think alike?
nick_cool is offline Find More Posts by nick_cool
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More Condor 2000 + Crimson