HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 22, 2012, 11:18 AM
Joined Jan 2012
7 Posts
Help!
Seeking staff for Hobby Store in Midtown Manhattan, New York City

Opening a hobby store in Midtown Manhattan. Seeking energetic, knowledgeable sales and service professionals that are solidly familiar with assembly and operational fundamentals for RC Planes, Helis, Cars, Boats, rockets and Model Trains.

We plan to open our doors in early to mid February.

This is a retail project that is in its startup phase. Significant career advancement opportunities will be available to team members that dedicate themselves to making this operation a success at this initial phase.

For interested parties please submit your contact information and/or resume to pilotage1@gmail.com
Pilotage is offline Find More Posts by Pilotage
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2012, 02:28 PM
cocoa, Fla
Joined Jul 2009
260 Posts
how many positions are there? how much inventory are you opening with?its a lot of categories,not a easy task to find some one who can talk trains on minute then helis the next,from twenty years i can tell you a good sales person with a good manager is almost always better then a hobbyist behind the counter,and in todays world a good guy on the internet is worth its weight in gold, of course he has to know a good deal when he sees it as well, not just for price but knowing if it will sell. i just manufacture now. but retailing was fun and i met a lot of good people, that said, that did not pay the bills, i would say come high or stay home, if you dabble in different areas you will lose.
Expresscraft is offline Find More Posts by Expresscraft
Old Apr 05, 2012, 08:16 PM
Good thing we brought the glue
USA, NY, Carmel
Joined Feb 2008
127 Posts
Did this store ever open???

I am in midtown all the time and would love to see an RC store.
cdina36315 is offline Find More Posts by cdina36315
Old Apr 28, 2012, 04:46 AM
Дми-III-й
Moscow, Russia
Joined Aug 2010
7 Posts
Probably yes.
Found a site I think this is it
Dmitry968 is offline Find More Posts by Dmitry968
Old Apr 28, 2012, 08:09 PM
Joined Jan 2012
7 Posts
Yes we are open.

www.fun-and-hobby.com is our online store.

we are located at 389 5th Ave. The store entrance is from 36th St between 5th and Madison.

We also have a facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/pilotagefun

we can be reached at the store at 212-545-1300, likewise via email at
info@fun-and-hobby.com
or at pilotage1@gmail.com

Store hours are from 10-8, 7 days a week.
Pilotage is offline Find More Posts by Pilotage
Old Aug 03, 2012, 07:40 PM
Joined Sep 2008
146 Posts
Congrats

Congrats on your store
I own an hobbyshop in Asia for 3years and if you could lower the cost as lease,employee (multitask,knowledgeable,friendly,and honest is the key ofcourse ),purchase price (cash usually better),import duty; then it will be a very rewarding experience,at least in my contry,and I want to make my shop a very long life
I wonder about importing;
Import duty
How much is the legal US import duty or customs fee for rc electronic toys and battery?
And do US citizen need a special licence as commercial one to import eg. a 5,000usd goods per month or so?or just import it, pay the taxes and no comercial licence at all?
ishady is offline Find More Posts by ishady