SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 25, 2005, 03:40 PM
Westchester County, NY, USA
Joined Jun 2000
2,443 Posts
Who stocks GWS Hyper Drive 8x6 props?

These props are harder to find than a $100.00 bill in my wallet. I got several when I ordered BP21/ESC combos from Aero-nuts, but they're even out of stock right now. Seems like the Hyper Drive 8x4s are plentiful, but the 8x6s are impossible to get. As a matter of fact not many people even know that they are available in 8x6. This prop seems to be an ideal match to the BP21 motors, of which I have several. Any ideas?
Danny Troy is offline Find More Posts by Danny Troy
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 25, 2005, 06:39 PM
ypsilanti mi
Joined Nov 2003
1,328 Posts
Dave does at allerc.com
heres a link to the prop, Dave has more stock than any one I know of
http://www.allerc.com/index.php?cPat...beaaf0758624c3
steve ypsi mi is offline Find More Posts by steve ypsi mi
Old Oct 25, 2005, 07:28 PM
Joined Jun 2000
2,443 Posts
Man, you are great. I thought I tried every vendor, and even some out of the US. Thanks!
Old Oct 25, 2005, 08:44 PM
Houng-wen Lin
Shijr, Taiwan. DungGwan, China. City of Industry, California.
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
You may contact GWS USA to identify which dealers had ordered?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Troy
Man, you are great. I thought I tried every vendor, and even some out of the US. Thanks!
You may contact GWS USA to identify which dealers had ordered?

Sorry to hear that caused your inconvenience.
GWS4CEO is offline Find More Posts by GWS4CEO
Old Oct 25, 2005, 10:08 PM
Joined Jun 2000
2,443 Posts
Thanks, I never thought to do that. I just found the GWS USA site and bookmarked it. I wound up ordering a bunch of 8x6 props from AllERC and the best part is that they are only 1.25 each!

Danny
Old Oct 26, 2005, 12:54 PM
Houng-wen Lin
Shijr, Taiwan. DungGwan, China. City of Industry, California.
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
Wish you will receive the props soon.

Post your experience here again.
GWS4CEO is offline Find More Posts by GWS4CEO
Old Oct 26, 2005, 02:15 PM
Vampowered!
Crestview Florida
Joined Dec 2003
1,817 Posts
I was mistaken in previous entry
I have a gazillion 1060's....figures

Vammy
Vamooska is offline Find More Posts by Vamooska
Last edited by Vamooska; Oct 26, 2005 at 08:26 PM. Reason: I had wrong size
Old Oct 26, 2005, 04:20 PM
Confused? Who, me?
United Kingdom, England, North York
Joined Jan 2005
4,790 Posts
Quote:
These props are harder to find than a $100.00 bill in my wallet. I got several when I ordered BP21/ESC combos from Aero-nuts, but they're even out of stock right now. Seems like the Hyper Drive 8x4s are plentiful, but the 8x6s are impossible to get. As a matter of fact not many people even know that they are available in 8x6. This prop seems to be an ideal match to the BP21 motors, of which I have several. Any ideas?

I haven't tried an 8060HD but my experience is that my BP21's like the 8040HD or the new Graupner Slowfly 8045 - going to an 8060SF seems to pull the amps too high - hot battery, hot motor - but I'd like to hear of others' experience. I'm using 3 cell Lipos with a 15 amp steady capability.
Roger Lombard is offline Find More Posts by Roger Lombard
Old Oct 26, 2005, 04:35 PM
Joined Jun 2000
2,443 Posts
Roger, I'm using the 8x6 with the BP21 on a Terry, a GWS Zero, a Electric Foam Models "Sabre", and I recently installed this setup on a Ikarus SU-27 XXL and a Picojet. I had to cut down the prop a little on the Picojet to clear the fins though. Depending on the model, I use TP 1320s or TP 2100s, all 3-cell. It seems like a really good match to this motor, and I don't over stress the ESC, battery or motor. Going to a 9x6 is a definite no-no, and I can tell you from experience something will cook with this setup. The 17 or 18 amp ESC will likely go first, or an inferior battery pack, if that's what you're using. Or if you're real unlucky they'll both go at the same time. I am not so sure the motor couldn't take the 9x6, especially with throttle management, although I haven't done any tests to prove this.
Old Oct 26, 2005, 04:36 PM
Joined Jun 2000
2,443 Posts
Vammy, sent PM....
Old Oct 26, 2005, 05:37 PM
Confused? Who, me?
Joined Jan 2005
4,790 Posts
Quote:
Roger, I'm using the 8x6 with the BP21 on a Terry, a GWS Zero, a Electric Foam Models "Sabre", and I recently installed this setup on a Ikarus SU-27 XXL and a Picojet. I had to cut down the prop a little on the Picojet to clear the fins though. Depending on the model, I use TP 1320s or TP 2100s, all 3-cell. It seems like a really good match to this motor, and I don't over stress the ESC, battery or motor. Going to a 9x6 is a definite no-no, and I can tell you from experience something will cook with this setup. The 17 or 18 amp ESC will likely go first, or an inferior battery pack, if that's what you're using. Or if you're real unlucky they'll both go at the same time. I am not so sure the motor couldn't take the 9x6, especially with throttle management, although I haven't done any tests to prove this.
Thanks for that Danny - I've got a star wound BP12 (TP2410-12 *)for the bigger props.

How was the Ikarus SU27 XXL - I've had my eye on one of those while I'm waiting for the GWS jets..........(and not holding my breath) and I'd like to know how you found it
Last edited by Roger Lombard; Oct 26, 2005 at 05:44 PM.
Old Oct 26, 2005, 06:51 PM
Joined Jun 2000
2,443 Posts
I bought the XXL after having so much fun with it's little brother, the standard Ikarus SU-27. I was surprised to find that the larger version lacked the quick response of the smaller one. I read the same thing from some other users commenting in threads. True, I'm using a Feigao brushless in the mini, so I guess that helps the fast response and great flight characteristics. Not that I'm unhappy with the XXL, I just have to enjoy it for what it is. I tried a Himax inrunner and burnt it out on the first flight. I had the BP21 on hand and I thought I'd give it a try. It really turns it into a quasi 3D jet. Rolls with the nose up in almost a standstill position.
As far as the kit itself, it's really just a larger version of the smaller one, and it goes together quickly, especially if you've built the small version already....
Old Oct 27, 2005, 01:00 AM
Confused? Who, me?
Joined Jan 2005
4,790 Posts
Thanks Danny,

I may follow you and try smaller one first - I have a CDROM looking for a home.......
Old Oct 27, 2005, 02:58 AM
Joined Jun 2000
2,443 Posts
I have to warn you, it's a little hard to keep orientation on it, especially with a hot motor. Half the time I don't know whether it's inverted or not. The plus side is that if you nose in, as I did a few times, all you need is some good Scotch tape to put it back together. You should see what mine looks like after several mishaps, but it still flys. It's a cool little plane that looks great in the air....
Old Nov 07, 2005, 11:40 PM
Vampowered!
Crestview Florida
Joined Dec 2003
1,817 Posts
Order is scheduled for delivery today......on it are 100 1060HD
Vammy
Vamooska is offline Find More Posts by Vamooska