SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 01, 2014, 12:46 PM
United States, IL, Elmhurst
Joined May 2013
295 Posts
Discussion
Phoenix Edge 100 Smoother Throttle?

Gentleman is there any setting within the Castle Phoenix Edge 100 ESC that I can change to try and get the throttle to be a little smoother.. I have a DX7 and don't have the option of a throttle curve unless I use a Heli model and I don't really feel comfortable doing that.. I am having a hard time trying to hover my MXS 64 and part of it is me but the other part is just not having that smooth throttle response when I try and blip the throttle while in a hover.
ChiTownFlyer is offline Find More Posts by ChiTownFlyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 07, 2014, 03:47 PM
United States, IL, Elmhurst
Joined May 2013
295 Posts
In case any one wants to play with this ESC you can get a smoother throttle by setting the Travel Adjust on the High and Low of your Throttle.. You can watch this video and it explains it. It worked for me on my DX7..

Castle Quick Tip- Throttle Calibration.wmv (3 min 23 sec)
ChiTownFlyer is offline Find More Posts by ChiTownFlyer
Old Nov 04, 2014, 09:13 AM
Castle Support
USA, GA, Statesboro
Joined Oct 2007
962 Posts
Particularly for an airplane... you can set the throttle type to fixed endpoint and calibrate the endpoints and the throttle will always feel the same... when using auto throttle calibrate if you do not go to full throttle before flying every time you may end up with a throttle that does not feel linear and it could be different on the center every time.

Fixed endpoint is the best option for 3D planes or when you really want great throttle control.
Clintstone is offline Find More Posts by Clintstone