SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 15, 2013, 03:01 PM
Joined May 2013
4 Posts
Discussion
Starmax mig-15 edf 70mm

Hi.
Need some help here. Got the Starmax Mig 15 and almost finished except it came with an 8 channel receiver and the manual has a 6 channel so I'm a bit lost as to the servo connections even following the cables which have the Channel numbers on. But these start at 2 and end at 7. Also the Y leads. I plug in two of the three cables but that leaves two connectors off each wing but just one connector coming out the fuselage. Given the manual is next to useless can you help

Also but the bind plug in the receiver. Turned on the TX then powered up the RX and the bloody thing just beeps at me. Red LED glowed in the RX. Help
Xabba is offline Find More Posts by Xabba
to remove ads between posts
Old May 15, 2013, 06:11 PM
Joined May 2013
4 Posts
It's ok got the radio bound but still confused by the wing connections. Also no servo lead labelled Ch1. Suspect ch2 label is actually channel 1
Old May 15, 2013, 09:08 PM
Were..is..my..Super..Suit ..
United States, NE, Papillion
Joined Sep 2009
2,510 Posts
Think you could post some pictures? Might get a little better understanding of your problem.
j3tman is offline Find More Posts by j3tman
Old May 15, 2013, 11:12 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jun 2007
2,050 Posts
To bind a radio system: 1) Bind plug in rx, turn it on (Remove prop or take any precautions necessary beforehand...) 2) Turn tx on in bind mode (Varies by manufacturer, any instructions with yours? Or what brand is it?) 3) Wait for light on rx to stop blinking.

Might I add if you don't know about this stuff, it sounds like the MiG-15 may be a bit much for you? As often happens here, I have to ask how much RC flight experience you have? Just hate to see a plane meet an early demise. We should get at least a few flights out of them!

Edit: Doh! Just saw you got the rx bound. But my other questions are still up in the air. I never care if they have numbers on the servo leads. I plug them to what channel they need to go to. The numbers are for the factory workers that don't know or care about these planes.
xmech2k is online now Find More Posts by xmech2k
Old May 16, 2013, 07:34 AM
Joined May 2013
4 Posts
Hi,

I've flown several R/C planes in the past but these were 35Mhz and the servos pre-connected so I've no worries about flying the plane. I usually don't have problems putting things together just the instruction booklet is pants

Anyway here are pictures of the cables coming off the wings

I have linked up one of the cables into the with the y-lead, I'm trying to figure which other lead also goes into the y-lead

I have linked up one of the cables into the with the y-lead, I'm trying to figure which other lead

Here is a picture of the fuselage, you can just see the connecter inside, I need to fish it out to connect though.

Old May 16, 2013, 12:25 PM
Joined Jun 2007
2,050 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xabba View Post
Hi,

I've flown several R/C planes in the past but these were 35Mhz and the servos pre-connected so I've no worries about flying the plane. I usually don't have problems putting things together just the instruction booklet is pants
OK, just asking. Hope I didn't offend! Like I said, just don't want to see another disappointed prospective rc flyer.

Anyways, with what you've got there, I would just plug each of those wires coming out of the wing to any channel on a rx one at a time, then see which servo that lead operates. Take a tiny strip of tape and loop it around the lead wires near the connector and write on it 'AIL' or 'FLAP', 'GEAR', whatever. If your plane has lights (not familiar with that one) it'll be the lead with only 2 wires.

Hope that helps. Good luck!
xmech2k is online now Find More Posts by xmech2k
Old May 16, 2013, 01:37 PM
Joined May 2013
4 Posts
Hi thanks no offence taken. I've figured it out now. Just got to adjust the throws. Also figured I can have flaps or air brakes. But the air brakes don't seem to want to work so i will stick with flaps. The only down side is I have to fix the wings permanently going to be a beach to transport. Anyone else had air brake problems?
Old Jun 23, 2014, 01:53 AM
Joined Jun 2014
1 Posts
I also have the same problem can someone please help?! I bought a starmax mig 15 with retracts and flaps upon plugging the wires into the reciever marked channel 2 to 7 that leave two spare wires. I have to unplug ch6 to put one of the spare unmarked wires in to get the flap servos to work now that leave ch7 and one spare unmarked wire. Were do these wires go?
Bennlandale is offline Find More Posts by Bennlandale
Old Jun 24, 2014, 03:44 AM
Joined Jan 2011
3,168 Posts
The factory mis-labled some of the wire leads, Airbrake is marked 7, 6 is really the BEC which goes to ch7 on the stock Rx. The Flaps come from the 2 wings through the forward hole and you use one of the 2 supplied Y connectors to join the 2 flap servo leads and should Y the ch7 Airbrake- this connects to ch6 on Rx. The other supplied Y connects the AIL servo leads. This all assumes you're using the RTF supplied Rx! I just got my 15 dialed in on my FrSky Taranis

MiG-15 Pre-Flight Test (6 min 34 sec)

QUOTE=Bennlandale;28724549]I also have the same problem can someone please help?! I bought a starmax mig 15 with retracts and flaps upon plugging the wires into the reciever marked channel 2 to 7 that leave two spare wires. I have to unplug ch6 to put one of the spare unmarked wires in to get the flap servos to work now that leave ch7 and one spare unmarked wire. Were do these wires go?[/QUOTE]
IntheTubeDeep is offline Find More Posts by IntheTubeDeep