SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 30, 2012, 12:50 PM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,436 Posts
I bet with the 6043\6044 canopy it would do an even better job in the wind.
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 30, 2012, 02:13 PM
Flyin' Ryan
United States, IL, Champaign
Joined May 2012
2,849 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
I bet with the 6043\6044 canopy it would do an even better job in the wind.
Are those a direct fit (have the same mounting holes)? Or do they require some modding?

I really like the look of the stock canopy, but it's always nice to be able to change it up every once in awhile.
theimacman is offline Find More Posts by theimacman
Old Dec 30, 2012, 02:42 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theimacman View Post
Are those a direct fit (have the same mounting holes)? Or do they require some modding?

I really like the look of the stock canopy, but it's always nice to be able to change it up every once in awhile.
It looks like they're interchangeable. The plastic standoff mounting looks identical where there are only 2 screws holding the RX board down, and the other two posts are for canopy mounting.
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 31, 2012, 12:19 AM
United States, NE, Lincoln
Joined Sep 2008
167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LameCooter View Post
Bought one of these for my son for Christmas and he is loving it. Already made one trip back to the store for a few repair parts (an unfortunate incident concerning the quad and a bird cage lol).

The question I have is this: Tonight the quad started acting very strange - like it had a mind of its own. It will zig and zag with no input from the controller. I unplugged the battery, made sure to plug it in while flat and level. Is there something else to do or is it broken? It's pretty much unflyable as it is now.

Thanks
GP
Take a look at the control board in the middle and make sure that both the screws are there and the board is screwed to the air frame. If those are missing the board can get loose and cause havok on the gyros causing the zig and zagging. If that don't fix it don't hesitate to take is back to HobbyTown and they will get you fixed up.!
huskerfreak is offline Find More Posts by huskerfreak
Old Jan 07, 2013, 11:34 PM
United States, CA, Foster City
Joined Nov 2011
241 Posts
Pros and Cons!! Gentleman start throttling back negative opinions!! Most of these persons commenting are not like us (super duper nerd/pro Rc guys with at least over 2 grand in the hobby) and they just call it like they see it out of the box, and often it's for there kids enjoyment.
Brian
PS I flown one of these at a local Hobbbytown at it was strangely stable for its' size. Morrs law is happening to RC but that's fine by me!
B dog is offline Find More Posts by B dog
Old Jan 07, 2013, 11:50 PM
XFM
eXperimental Flying Machines
Joined Aug 2010
462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by B dog View Post
Morrs law is happening to RC but that's fine by me!
Who is this Morrs you speak of ?
XFM is offline Find More Posts by XFM
Old Jan 08, 2013, 06:27 PM
United States, AL, Owens Cross Roads
Joined Jan 2012
111 Posts
Will this unit bind to another transmitter?
HSV_Noob is offline Find More Posts by HSV_Noob
Old Jan 08, 2013, 07:10 PM
centennial/aurora colorado
Joined Mar 2008
1,401 Posts
if i remember correctly jason said it may be possible but definitly not with spectrum
kelloggair is offline Find More Posts by kelloggair
Old Jan 08, 2013, 08:43 PM
United States, CA, Foster City
Joined Nov 2011
241 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFM View Post
Who is this Morrs you speak of ?
Whoops! Moore's law.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moore's_law
B dog is offline Find More Posts by B dog
Old Jan 09, 2013, 08:09 AM
Joined Jan 2012
111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelloggair View Post
if i remember correctly jason said it may be possible but definitly not with spectrum
Hey Jason,

Which radios do you think will bind?
Old Jan 09, 2013, 10:17 AM
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Dec 2012
65 Posts
I wouldn't count on it binding with any other transmitters. I wish it would though because it would really be a lot more fun to fly if I could change the flat expo curve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
Definitely not Spektrum (keep in mind Horizon does not really license Spektrum to anyone beyond JR so you'll likely never see Spektrum-compatible receivers/models offered by 'legitimate' brands/businesses), but to be honest we have not tried the rest so it is possible (though not necessarily likely). On a related note, FHSS stands for 'Frequency-Hopping Spread Spectrum', not an exclusive/'branded' 2.4 protocol. Most other 2.4 systems are FHSS but not all are compatible.
Alex4R is offline Find More Posts by Alex4R
Old Jan 09, 2013, 10:09 PM
Joined Jan 2012
111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex4R View Post
I wouldn't count on it binding with any other transmitters. I wish it would though because it would really be a lot more fun to fly if I could change the flat expo curve.
I see Jason's comment about there not being a Spectrum compatible transmitter or modules but I see HK has an OrangeRX DSM2 module that is supposed to work pretty well.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 02:08 PM
Joined May 2012
1 Posts
Mounting Keychain Cam

Do any of you know if this will generate enough lift to handle an 808 keychain camera? I am trying to find a small quad copter that I can mount the camera to take some indoor video and this one seems like a good option.
moffettman is offline Find More Posts by moffettman
Old Jan 11, 2013, 02:12 PM
Flyin' Ryan
United States, IL, Champaign
Joined May 2012
2,849 Posts
Mine can NOT lift my 808 #11 HD keychain camera. But, I've seen people using the SD keychain cams on these micro quads.

And, one guy on YouTube got the even smaller Traxxas quad to lift his HD keychain cam, by removing the outside casing to reduct the weight.
theimacman is offline Find More Posts by theimacman
Old Jan 11, 2013, 02:41 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,436 Posts
Remove the housing, install a power passthrough connector, eliminating the internal battery, and use a Turnigy 45-90 Cell and just about any micro quad should be able to handle an 808 cam. Those with accelerometers will do a better job (like the Ares).

Site Sponsor