HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 01, 2012, 02:05 PM
Happy FPV flyer
United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Joined Sep 2006
4,898 Posts
Of course a bidirectional system could have the receiver tell the radio that the model is wrong, so that the radio could show an warning instead of just having you search why it doesn't work. That will certainly come, but as far as I know no existing system has such feedback yet.
Kilrah is offline Find More Posts by Kilrah
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 01, 2012, 02:13 PM
United States, MO, Springfield
Joined Jul 2010
3,506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrah View Post
Of course a bidirectional system could have the receiver tell the radio that the model is wrong, so that the radio could show an warning instead of just having you search why it doesn't work. That will certainly come, but as far as I know no existing system has such feedback yet.
they could add it to the DX7s, 8 and 18 but you would need the telemetry module
Elios000 is offline Find More Posts by Elios000
Old Nov 01, 2012, 03:04 PM
United States, NH, Exeter
Joined Oct 2010
99 Posts
Model match works by sending the model memory position in use in the TX along with the servo position data to the Spektrum TX module (AMTX11). The TX module then takes the model memory number and XORs it with the base TX GUID to produce a new GUID unique to that model memory slot. The TX module then uses that new GUID in every packet sent to the RX. The RX learns that new GUID during the bind, of course, and only responds to data sent using that new GUID.
hammer22 is offline Find More Posts by hammer22
Old Nov 01, 2012, 03:17 PM
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
4,377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer22 View Post
Model match works by sending the model memory position in use in the TX along with the servo position data to the Spektrum TX module (AMTX11). The TX module then takes the model memory number and XORs it with the base TX GUID to produce a new GUID unique to that model memory slot. The TX module then uses that new GUID in every packet sent to the RX. The RX learns that new GUID during the bind, of course, and only responds to data sent using that new GUID.
Thanks hammer22. So in short the module won't really have a workable model memory which was expected, it will send the same GUID to every RX you bind with. If you press that button you will probably get a new GUID and have to rebind all your stuff. I don't get this obsession with model memory anyways. It's a "nice to have" but by no means is it needed.
grimbeaver is offline Find More Posts by grimbeaver
Old Nov 01, 2012, 03:28 PM
United States, TX, Luling
Joined Mar 2012
2 Posts
Check Hobby King on twitter.and read this latest thread.
https://twitter.com/HobbyKingLive#
Getting closer!!!
this_dwayne is offline Find More Posts by this_dwayne
Old Nov 01, 2012, 03:33 PM
United States, TX, Luling
Joined Mar 2012
2 Posts
https://twitter.com/HobbyKingLive#
this_dwayne is offline Find More Posts by this_dwayne
Old Nov 01, 2012, 05:47 PM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
6,407 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pach View Post
They probably didnt want to, since ultimately its not an elegant solution.

Before HK made their module Hammer22 here on RCG's has been making one for JR/9x/Futaba/Hitec radios.

The issue with any of these modules is that you need to manually switch from DSM2 to DSMX modes, notice the HK one has 4 different modes.

I guess you can just stick to the 22ms DSM2 mode like the DM8 module and forget about it. Thats really the best use of the module anyways for BNF UM stuff...

Also note the box:

I guess we can expect a Futaba compatible module soon too.
I think the Futaba/JR indicator on the box identifies the physical module format not the RF protocol.
kgfly is offline Find More Posts by kgfly
Old Nov 01, 2012, 06:58 PM
United States, CA, Redondo Beach
Joined Mar 2005
659 Posts
futaba uses a different channel assignment than jr/spektrum. it's a matter of changing the order of the pulse before they're sent to the rx.
P.I.Engineer is offline Find More Posts by P.I.Engineer
Old Nov 01, 2012, 07:45 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Aug 2009
961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgfly View Post
I think the Futaba/JR indicator on the box identifies the physical module format not the RF protocol.
Yes, thats why there is a tiny DSM2/DSMX on the box and not FASST.
pach is offline Find More Posts by pach
Old Nov 01, 2012, 08:00 PM
KC
Registered Loiterer.
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Sep 2006
4,104 Posts
What I don't get is why they put the SMA connector jack so low? Wouldn't that put the antenna tip pretty close to the handle?
KC is offline Find More Posts by KC
Old Nov 01, 2012, 08:48 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Oct 2011
253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC View Post
What I don't get is why they put the SMA connector jack so low? Wouldn't that put the antenna tip pretty close to the handle?
Maybe you put it in upside down?
molond is offline Find More Posts by molond
Old Nov 01, 2012, 10:18 PM
FPV Crash Dummy
United States, CT, Bloomfield
Joined Aug 2007
402 Posts
you could rotate the antenna to point down.
igorp is offline Find More Posts by igorp
Old Nov 02, 2012, 12:09 AM
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1993 View Post
or just tape a spektrum radio to it. the reference to v2 seemed to indicate he was talking about a stock unit which cannot do v2 protocol and dsm together.
Yes it is a stock turnigy9x V2 from hobbyking
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
Old Nov 02, 2012, 03:30 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
15,413 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrod155 View Post
futaba uses a different channel assignment than jr/spektrum. it's a matter of changing the order of the pulse before they're sent to the rx.
Nobody rearrange pulses order in any modular system.
Same module, mount on a JR radio and will have throttle on ch1, and mounted in a Futaba radio will have Thr on ch3.
What is also different amongst systems is pulses polarity, JR is positive, and Futaba is negative, but all major modules today are able to recognize the polarity automatically.
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Nov 02, 2012, 03:51 AM
Happy FPV flyer
United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Joined Sep 2006
4,898 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA View Post
Nobody rearrange pulses order in any modular system.
There are exceptions. I have a Robbe HFM12-MX FASST module for JR, and it swaps channels 1 and 3 so that Futaba users are at home when they plug servos to their receiver.

I hope the HK DSM module will be able to do something like this (channel swapping configurable), otherwise there will be lots of disappointed people (stock Turnigy 9x users intending to fly BNF planes for example).
Kilrah is offline Find More Posts by Kilrah