SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 08, 2012, 04:21 AM
Never trust laughing dolphins
Joined Feb 2011
2,098 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm View Post
Reading around it appears that there are 2 RX801 firmwares. I and another guy have the non D7 binding version and your friend and someone else both have the binding version.
Might be true, but so far I can't tell whether it's the receiver or radio in such a case causing the problem.

Quote:
Yep, and I tried all your suggestions honestly for the benefit of my satisfaction and that of the OP and anyone else reading.

Conclusion was: it might work, but it might not. If all you have is a D7 you might want to avoid the RX801.

Fair no?
Yes, very fair and the only proper conclusion in my opinion.

Quote:
So come on then... where do you live? Hong Kong? GuangZhou?

Your English is perfect so I'm guessing you're well educated, possibly an Engineer and you're either native HK/Singapore Chinese or an expat/dual national living in Asia...
Warm yet?
Yes, you're close indeed, but I don't really see any gain to revealing where I live or what I do for a living. I prefer (some) anonimity, so people can really take my largely unbiased comments or advice as they see fit. I'm well aware of the downsides to this, but I'd consider it to be a healthy compromise.

I could drop you a private message whenever I'm in Japan though. It might be fun to meet.
PHMX is offline Find More Posts by PHMX
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 08, 2012, 04:37 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHMX View Post
Might be true, but so far I can't tell whether it's the receiver or radio in such a case causing the problem.
Other heli RX works with the 7 so I think it's RX, but can't prove it. I might be getting a UB02 shortly so then I can try the latest D7 TX FW.

Quote:

Yes, you're close indeed, but I don't really see any gain to revealing where I live or what I do for a living. I prefer (some) anonimity, so people can really take my largely unbiased comments or advice as they see fit. I'm well aware of the downsides to this, but I'd consider it to be a healthy compromise.
Fair enough.

Quote:

I could drop you a private message whenever I'm in Japan though. It might be fun to meet.
Please do.
thwaitm is offline Find More Posts by thwaitm
Old Jun 11, 2012, 02:12 PM
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,355 Posts
Quote:
I made a video but it was actually impossible to see anything I was doing... anyway, I still can't get it to bind to the Devo 7, in either RANDOM or FIXED ID mode.

I started with a reset RX801 and Devo 8
  1. Plugged BEC into THRO
  2. No bind plug
  3. Turn on TX (using previously checked RANDOM ID model)
  4. Connected ESC power
  5. Waited for bind
RESULT: Bind OK

From here I proceeded to set a FIXED ID
  1. Select FIXED ID set number (012399) and SETUP
  2. FIXED ID setting completes
  3. Remove power from RX
  4. Turn off TX
  5. Turn on TX
  6. Turn on RX
RESULT: Bind OK

(Works turning RX on, TX on; TX on, RX on, TX off, TX on, RX off, RX on.)

Next was to reset the FIXED ID, the manual, you and I are slightly incorrect on where to stick the bind plug... for this RX, use the Bind plug in AUX3.
  1. Insert BIND plug to AUX3 (all other locations tested)
  2. Insert BEC power to BATT (other locations not tested)
  3. Turn on TX (Using a RANDOM ID model)
  4. Connect power to ESC
  5. Wait for bind and slow RX LED flashing to confirm reset
  6. Disconnect ESC power
  7. Turn off TX
  8. Turn on TX
  9. Connect ESC power
  10. Confirm bind with RANDOM ID
RESULT: Reset OK

I tried using the Devo 7 at each critical stage and it was never successful at binding.

So, I confirm that:
1) I know how to set and reset the TX and RX for FIXED ID
2) Both FIXED and RANDOM binding with the Devo 8 works without a problem
3) My Devo 7 FW V0.1A is not recognised AT ALL by my RX801
4) The reset ID bind plug location on this RX is AUX3 (something we'd both missed)

So, again, I re-confirm, my RX801 will not bind with my Devo7.
no it wont,you need the RX802...
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
Old Jun 11, 2012, 07:15 PM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfwd View Post
Or apparently an 801 with new firmware. Apparently at least 2 people have succeeded to make it bind. I also read in another thread that there are a new and old FW version of the 801.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=211

Do you have any more info, or you, like me, just have a Devo7 and an 801 which won't bind?
Last edited by thwaitm; Jun 11, 2012 at 11:44 PM.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 11:53 AM
Joined Feb 2011
2,098 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfwd View Post
Don't be too sure as I've read elsewhere how you had some trouble creating and setting up a new model profile for your Trex.

Doesn't really matter though, for some reason the RX801 won't bind with the Devo 7. In other cases it binds fine and works as it should, no clue as to why.

I would love to hear people that can't get those failing rx801 to work with other Devo radios, as that will rule out any Devo 7 firmware related stuff but perhaps suggest a receiver issue instead.

To me it still doesn't make much sense for the firmware to be somehow incompatible with the rx801, but have no problems binding with the rx802 as they are really not that different.
Last edited by PHMX; Jun 12, 2012 at 12:05 PM.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 09:03 PM
Joined Jun 2012
2 Posts
devo 7 and mcpx

hi, does any body can tell me if is posible to bind a MCPx with a devo 7? if is possible can u tell me how ?
cercavins is offline Find More Posts by cercavins
Old Jun 19, 2012, 07:28 AM
Joined Feb 2011
2,098 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cercavins View Post
hi, does any body can tell me if is posible to bind a MCPx with a devo 7? if is possible can u tell me how ?
No, I'm afraid that can't be done. You can't bind a Spektrum helicopter with a Walkera radio, as they don't use the same communication protocols.

Only Spektrum with Spektrum and Walkera with Walkera will work and even then it'll have to be compatible with the correct radio series (for example Walkera's Devo series will only bind with Devo compatible receivers).

So far, cross-binding 2,4Ghz systems has not been possible yet.
Old Jul 07, 2012, 03:15 AM
Joined Dec 2011
3,385 Posts
Quote:
No, I'm afraid that can't be done. You can't bind a Spektrum helicopter with a Walkera radio, as they don't use the same communication protocols.

Only Spektrum with Spektrum and Walkera with Walkera will work and even then it'll have to be compatible with the correct radio series (for example Walkera's Devo series will only bind with Devo compatible receivers).

So far, cross-binding 2,4Ghz systems has not been possible yet.
Actually it is possible to bind Walkera to Spectrum now. Not ready for prime time yet however.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=625
Atomic Skull is online now Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Old Aug 19, 2012, 12:59 AM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jun 2002
49 Posts
DEVO 7 Fixed ID with new V120D02S (receiver RX2636H-D) binding problem.

DEVO 7 Fixed ID with new V120D02S (receiver RX2636H-D) binding problem.

I tried to set the fixed id with the devo 7 according to the manual. That is to bind the heli automatically and then set the id with my own and then run. I disconnected the receiver battery and then turned off the transmitter.

However when I turned on the transmitter and receiver, in either order, the heli and the transmitter did not bind. I double checked the fixed id is same as the one I set before.

Is it a known bug ? Does anyone has the same problem ?

Thank you.
GoElectric is offline Find More Posts by GoElectric
Old Aug 19, 2012, 03:38 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,997 Posts
Did you try using the (un)bind plug to reset the RX and run it again? Same result?

Maybe a new bug in the new RX?
I haven't tried my V120D02S with Fixed ID and D7.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 12:21 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jun 2002
49 Posts
Quote:
Did you try using the (un)bind plug to reset the RX and run it again? Same result?

Maybe a new bug in the new RX?
I haven't tried my V120D02S with Fixed ID and D7.

I tried a couple of times. After not binding with the fixed id, I just canceled the fixed id on the transmitter and it will bind again randomly or automatically. It seems the receiver did not remember the fixed id of some sort. I did not need to "unbind" the receiver before binding randomly or automatically.
Last edited by GoElectric; Aug 19, 2012 at 12:41 PM.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 12:38 PM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,997 Posts
Ok, so the RX completely ignored your attempt to set a FIXED ID then...

Did you try it again or just left it?
Old Aug 19, 2012, 10:37 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jun 2002
49 Posts
Quote:
Ok, so the RX completely ignored your attempt to set a FIXED ID then...

Did you try it again or just left it?

The first time after I set the fixed id, before turning the transmitter and receiver off, it works. But after I turned both off, and turned back on again it didn't. So I canceled the fixed id on the transmitter and with the same model selected it works with automatic binding without needing the binding plug. That why I suspect the receiver did not remember the fixed id setting.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 05:06 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,997 Posts
I'll try my 'old' V120D02S and D7 and D8 with fixed id and let you know if I have the same or different behavior. I'll need to find the bind plug though so don't hold your breath for an answer!
Old Sep 19, 2012, 11:46 AM
asp
Spain, CN, Villaverde
Joined Apr 2012
334 Posts
Hey there.
I'm working on a copter x 450 fbl v4 with a tarot zyx and a rx802.
Bind ok to devo 7. Everything works fine, but Copter x motor doesn't work. It's plugged to a hobby king blueseries 50A. It does beep when I plug the battery, but I can make it spin increasing throttle...
I've tried several things, but nothing. Have you guys any idea? Please?
asp is offline Find More Posts by asp