HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 05, 2012, 09:00 PM
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Nov 2005
5,860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme_RC View Post
You still got 47 left, what u complaining about LOL
Thank you...you're right...gotta keep perspective...
erh7771 is offline Find More Posts by erh7771
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 05, 2012, 09:06 PM
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Nov 2005
5,860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by unclecrash View Post
I am going to drill my 4074 when I get my mill up and going, But Im also going to drill the sides. And I will add 2 tubes size of drinking straws into the side holes bent on a 90 degree and facing froward into the airstream of the fan. The tubes will be ovaled out to minimize there footprint into the airstream. Ram air effect it will be night and day I garantee it. I have dont this before on a glider and it was night and day difference. This time I will take temp reading before and after on this motor. I don't know when I will get to it but it will be cool to see how much heat I can shed.
after drilling holes I beat my 4074 up on 8s...9.74 lbs of thrust but with batteries that had two lazy cells so I think I could've gotten more...~ 2800 watts

I think I did a review on it but no video...the windings are only 65ish mm long confirms those 4mm extra of mag field are worth it...
erh7771 is offline Find More Posts by erh7771
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 05, 2012, 10:26 PM
edf flyer
United States, CA, Marina
Joined Feb 2009
1,197 Posts
I fly my hawk on 7s 12b with the 4074. Without holes drilled. And it doesn't Get hot
I did temp it. I'll check my records and post the results.
Mannyman535 is online now Find More Posts by Mannyman535
Old Sep 05, 2012, 11:34 PM
white lake michigan
Joined Oct 2004
3,756 Posts
Im running 8s and if 4stripes smoked his on 7s I think I will drill the case and see how far it can be pushed. The cooler I can keep it the longer it will last,and the harder I can push it.
unclecrash is offline Find More Posts by unclecrash
Old Sep 06, 2012, 12:16 AM
Hawk Fanatic
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Jul 2008
7,568 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erh7771 View Post
Check out the viper, for the 100 less you have to do some handy person work...

I have time so I usually choose the handy person work and having over 50 jets...

Hi I'm erh7771 and I'm addicted to EDF jets...

Cept today....

had one of those days...1 esc smoked on runway (better than in air), one plane crashed in the fence...trimmed really bad looks like a servo skipped a tooth, and one flipped...

O well

Fiddy Jets?!?! Where on earth do you store them all?
SkylineFlyer is offline Find More Posts by SkylineFlyer
Old Sep 06, 2012, 12:18 AM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,850 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
never realised the habu was fast :/ we got a couple at our field and the speed isn't exactly blistering.

as I told you with my HK L-59 and 3000watts which are easy to get with 8s I got around 140mph
Pav
a stock Habu32 will do 140 all day long properly setup, a hopped up Habu32 will do over 200mph
I think you could get the HK L59 to the 150mph or faster pretty easily with a good power set and proper build
jcdfrd is online now Find More Posts by jcdfrd
Old Sep 06, 2012, 12:19 AM
Hawk Fanatic
Joined Jul 2008
7,568 Posts
Quote:
never realised the habu was fast :/ we got a couple at our field and the speed isn't exactly blistering.

as I told you with my HK L-59 and 3000watts which are easy to get with 8s I got around 140mph
As you told me? You never told me about the HK L-59 being that fast! What motor and fan are you using? If you posted it here, doesn't mean I saw it.

As for the habu. On stock 6s, my fastest was 137, so yeah, I consider that fast.
Old Sep 06, 2012, 12:20 AM
Hawk Fanatic
Joined Jul 2008
7,568 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4stripes View Post
Thanks! I'll check to see how much they are. I'm going to E-Jets, so I am going to hold out and see whats for sale there.
Old Sep 06, 2012, 12:22 AM
Hawk Fanatic
Joined Jul 2008
7,568 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdfrd View Post
Pav
a stock Habu32 will do 140 all day long properly setup, a hopped up Habu32 will do over 200mph
I think you could get the HK L59 to the 150mph or faster pretty easily with a good power set and proper build
Where on earth are stock Habu32 doing 140 all day long? Maybe on 7s, but I've yet to see "Habu32's" doing this all day long.
Old Sep 06, 2012, 12:28 AM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,850 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylineFlyer View Post
Where on earth are stock Habu32 doing 140 all day long? Maybe on 7s, but I've yet to see "Habu32's" doing this all day long.
a stock Habu32 on 7s is still a stock Habu32
Old Sep 06, 2012, 12:36 AM
Hawk Fanatic
Joined Jul 2008
7,568 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdfrd View Post
a stock Habu32 on 7s is still a stock Habu32
Haha, I knew it!
Old Sep 06, 2012, 04:10 AM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
And it will run for.. 3 minutes?
Comon...
It doesnt fly as nice as the l59 and not exactly all day long on 7s
On top of that your ps options are limited and those available very expensive

Get the L-59 and you will forget about your habu in no tine.. Guaranteed
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Sep 06, 2012, 06:19 AM
The blade numbers go up to 11
Sydney, Australia
Joined Aug 2002
4,387 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylineFlyer View Post
And then you choose to ignore possible future customers. Way to win us over! you continue to come in here and troll and look for a fight, and you ignore people that are interested in your stuff. that shows your customer service.
Sorry, I'm not ignoring you, I just can't promote my products in another vendor's thread, I'll be reported for spamming. I didn't come here looking for a fight, BTW, someone repeatedly attacked me. I don't understand why people expect me to just sit by and take it, I doubt they would.
stumax is offline Find More Posts by stumax
Old Sep 06, 2012, 08:33 AM
Canada, ON, Burlington
Joined Jan 2009
3,335 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannyman535 View Post
I fly my hawk on 7s 12b with the 4074. Without holes drilled. And it doesn't Get hot
I did temp it. I'll check my records and post the results.
I thought it was OK especially after so many flights, but in the end it almost cost me the plane as well.
Removing the end plates and drilling cooling holes is easy, cheap insurance. The caps are a push fit without threads. The hardest part is removing the 3 allen screws holding the back plate. Had a hard time finding an allen key that fit tight so I loosened them with a pair of pliers first. Once the back plate is off, you might also find some metal filings wedged between the windings and case. Two of my XK40 motors had some metal filings and I pretty sure it caused a failure of one motor prematurely.
Cheers
4stripes is offline Find More Posts by 4stripes
Old Sep 06, 2012, 12:41 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,850 Posts
Quote:
And it will run for.. 3 minutes?
Comon...
It doesnt fly as nice as the l59 and not exactly all day long on 7s
On top of that your ps options are limited and those available very expensive

Get the L-59 and you will forget about your habu in no tine.. Guaranteed
Pav
not really sure what your trying to say here
yes the bu32 will fly all day long on 7s we have them to prove that and in my opinion its the best bu32 setup because its lite!!! and fast. 140+ is perfect for this size jet and it fly's fantastic every bit as good as an L39/L59 they both fly great. the ps options are not limited thats just ridiculous. hmm eflight v32, extreme80, Jetfan80, TJ80, Stumax80 ........three excellent low cost choices and two more expensive choices......what are you talking about?
3mins lol!!! well wrong again.....here is our first speed run on the stock 7s setup over 4mins OF RACING!!!!! I could easily stretch it out to 5 min if I wanted
The Habu Burner's 7S Stock Speed Run (5 min 28 sec)