HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 03, 2011, 06:11 PM
Joined May 2009
661 Posts
how about not putting any jumps at all on the track and put them instead on the roadway on the other side of the pits? race with road race bikes on the road course during race time then play with dirt bikes away from the track in between heats.

unless these jumps are 6ft wide what are the chances that anyone will hit them with any consistency?

what's the attendance gonna be anyway? judging by recent turnout it's only me, Lito, Dwayne, and Stubbs that show up regularly. with only 4 guys wouldn't you rather put on a good race with similar bikes instead of doing some hokey mixed class? i know you guys have a new toy that you want to play with but c'mon isn't that bike more suited to another type of track? why mess with the only chance we have for having a proper superbike race. unless if i'm the only one left with a superbike then i'll just pass on this type of 'racing'.
Torrance is offline Find More Posts by Torrance
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 03, 2011, 06:26 PM
Redlands, California
Joined Nov 2004
84 Posts
I'll be at RCX for sure. I'm going to try and make Artesia next week, but I don't know for sure yet.
brianlt29 is offline Find More Posts by brianlt29
Old Feb 03, 2011, 07:11 PM
YOUTUBE - R/C Life Channel
Joined Sep 2010
241 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrance View Post
how about not putting any jumps at all on the track and put them instead on the roadway on the other side of the pits? race with road race bikes on the road course during race time then play with dirt bikes away from the track in between heats.

unless these jumps are 6ft wide what are the chances that anyone will hit them with any consistency?

what's the attendance gonna be anyway? judging by recent turnout it's only me, Lito, Dwayne, and Stubbs that show up regularly. with only 4 guys wouldn't you rather put on a good race with similar bikes instead of doing some hokey mixed class? i know you guys have a new toy that you want to play with but c'mon isn't that bike more suited to another type of track? why mess with the only chance we have for having a proper superbike race. unless if i'm the only one left with a superbike then i'll just pass on this type of 'racing'.
your not the only one left, only my bike is a 8th scale so i cant race with some of you 5th scale guys.
kjohns0n is offline Find More Posts by kjohns0n
Old Feb 03, 2011, 07:13 PM
Joined May 2009
661 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjohns0n View Post
your not the only one left, only my bike is a 8th scale so i cant race with some of you 5th scale guys.
almost all of us also have a 1/8 bike. i'm for racing that as well. should be fun on the big track.
Old Feb 03, 2011, 07:33 PM
Joined Sep 2010
241 Posts
so is there anywhere to go to practice on a nice size track?? I wouldnt mind entering the march race, doubt ill win, but i wanna run my hor bike agaisnt some others, i know it would be fun.
Old Feb 03, 2011, 07:39 PM
Joined May 2009
661 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjohns0n View Post
so is there anywhere to go to practice on a nice size track?? I wouldnt mind entering the march race, doubt ill win, but i wanna run my hor bike agaisnt some others, i know it would be fun.
http://calraceway.com/

the pit ammenities suck (i.e. does not exist) but the track is perfect for 1/8 bikes.
Old Feb 03, 2011, 08:10 PM
Joined Sep 2010
241 Posts
is there a day in particular that bikes show up, or is it just random, as i have monday and tuesdays off and i see they are closed mondays, leaving tuesday's. nice size track though, i wanna go, maybe this tuesday ill show up, do they allow 18 scale cars on as well?
Old Feb 03, 2011, 10:16 PM
DLAWW
Socal
Joined Dec 2005
823 Posts
Next Sunday the thirteenth would be a good warmup race for everyone.
DLAWW is offline Find More Posts by DLAWW
Old Feb 04, 2011, 03:27 AM
Editor, RCCA
Joined Nov 2004
3,211 Posts
Wow, touched a nerve somewhere, I guess. First off, I think the regulars -- especially you, Torrance -- are good enough drivers to be able to avoid a 2' ramp well off the driving line. However, I do agree that demo-ing the dirt bikes with a jump in our "practice area" is probably a good idea.

I wouldn't want to smash up a $400 HOR either, but our track is designed for 1:5-scale cars; we could run HORs 3+ abreast on the back straight and probably every turn. But I guarantee two things if you put a HOR on a track: 1) it will get banged up and you will get over it, and 2) you'll be disappointed when you run it in an open lot again because it isn't a track.

The Artesia track is just too big to run 1:8-scale bikes on. Even the 1:11-ish-scale cars we used to run (the ABC Genetic platform) are too small for Artesia, but like the 1:8 bikes, are perfect for Cal RC.

Alright, that said, I'll be there on 2/13, ready to race the SB5 and ready to play with the VMX and DX450, and maybe if I get motivated, a rebuilt brushless gyro-equipped Ricky.

See you at the track, guys!
Guidoracer is offline Find More Posts by Guidoracer
Old Feb 05, 2011, 01:48 AM
Joined Sep 2010
241 Posts
I don't mind it getting banged up, it has been through that, I just want to try to aviod doing any evil canevil stuff
Old Feb 05, 2011, 07:00 PM
DLAWW
Socal
Joined Dec 2005
823 Posts
Canevil wasn't evil, he just liked getting high!, he he LoL. Anyone else going to be there on the 13th, I definitely will.
Old Feb 05, 2011, 09:18 PM
Bruce
Palmdale, CA
Joined Sep 2005
2,794 Posts
I will be in San Diego so I can't make it.
slawsonb is offline Find More Posts by slawsonb
Old Feb 06, 2011, 10:51 PM
Lakewood, CA
Joined Oct 2004
1,037 Posts
My current work schedule has me working on weekends, so I won't be able to to do any king of racing. Not unless I get put on a new project, or can find and new job.
2000-redrider is offline Find More Posts by 2000-redrider
Old Feb 13, 2011, 12:00 AM
Joined May 2009
661 Posts
i cant make it to this race either. i'll shoot for rcx. my sb5 body is in pieces anyway.
Old Feb 13, 2011, 04:33 AM
DLAWW
Socal
Joined Dec 2005
823 Posts
Come on guy's I took off work for this race, is anyone going to be there?