HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 13, 2012, 12:37 PM
Nevada, USA
Joined Sep 2007
1,921 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinderkram View Post
Another PH test, this time with the latest dev. firmware, some PID tuning.
Was very windy with hefty gusts - but did the job pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zt_VRMe6Ok
Not bad for windy conditions. Be sure to put in your mag dev for your local area and try with gps filter off, that has given me the best results with 2.1
capt is offline Find More Posts by capt
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 13, 2012, 07:57 PM
Urbandale, IA
Joined Mar 2009
20 Posts
I'm working on an AeroSky H100 quadcopter from NitroPlanes that uses a MWC 2.0 board. I'm using the MultiWiiConf_2_0 program for connect to the MWC. We can't get the throttle setting center to be in the 1500 range. It's about 1150. All other channels are 1500. We are using a Spektrum DX8. The motors don't come on after arming and according to their documentation, they should be in an idling state. Also, what software (link) is used to load changes made to the config.h file? Thanks.
ldsanders2807 is offline Find More Posts by ldsanders2807
Last edited by ldsanders2807; Oct 13, 2012 at 08:06 PM.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 09:59 PM
Nevada, USA
Joined Sep 2007
1,921 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldsanders2807 View Post
I'm working on an AeroSky H100 quadcopter from NitroPlanes that uses a MWC 2.0 board. I'm using the MultiWiiConf_2_0 program for connect to the MWC. We can't get the throttle setting center to be in the 1500 range. It's about 1150. All other channels are 1500. We are using a Spektrum DX8. The motors don't come on after arming and according to their documentation, they should be in an idling state. Also, what software (link) is used to load changes made to the config.h file? Thanks.
Set 1000-2000 on endpoints for throttle, read up here for FAQ.

http://www.multiwii.com/faq#Starting...pping_MultiWii

Use Arduino
http://arduino.cc/en/Guide/Windows
capt is offline Find More Posts by capt
Old Oct 13, 2012, 10:15 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2009
11,707 Posts
rimshotcopter is offline Find More Posts by rimshotcopter
Last edited by rimshotcopter; Oct 13, 2012 at 10:33 PM.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 04:39 AM
Joined Feb 2011
895 Posts
can anyone help with setting up camstab for pitch only ? I have wired the servo to A0 but it seems to move more when I roll the quad

i would also like to control the angle with the aux2 pot ?

When I change the code like this I get nothing at all

/*********************** Cam Stabilisation ***********************/
/* The following lines apply only for a pitch/roll tilt stabilization system. Uncomment the first or second line to activate it */
#define SERVO_MIX_TILT
//#define SERVO_TILT
#define TILT_PITCH_MIN 1020 //servo travel min, don't set it below 1020
#define TILT_PITCH_MAX 2000 //servo travel max, max value=2000
#define TILT_PITCH_MIDDLE 1500 //servo neutral value
#define TILT_PITCH_PROP -40 //servo proportional (tied to angle) ; can be negative to invert movement
#define TILT_ROLL_MIN 1020
#define TILT_ROLL_MAX 2000
#define TILT_ROLL_MIDDLE 1500
#define TILT_ROLL_PROP 0
jbalat is offline Find More Posts by jbalat
Old Oct 14, 2012, 04:45 AM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by capt View Post
Not bad for windy conditions. Be sure to put in your mag dev for your local area and try with gps filter off, that has given me the best results with 2.1
Yah, I was amazed how good it fought the gusts. The hold point was ~2m left from the bush - everyone was expecting it'll end up there - but it didn't, it withstood the winds pretty well.

Yes - I've put in the local declination but haven't tried without GPS filtering. Will do, thx for the hint!
kinderkram is offline Find More Posts by kinderkram
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 14, 2012, 06:05 PM
Joined Feb 2011
895 Posts
Sorry but how do you calculate your 'mag dev', I noticed mine starts to turn when I activate mag.

BTW any tips with the camstab - see above ? What is the difference between servo_tilt and servo_mix_tilt
Old Oct 14, 2012, 06:39 PM
throw new IOPilotException();
Ireland, County Dublin, Dublin
Joined Feb 2005
2,691 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbalat View Post
Sorry but how do you calculate your 'mag dev', I noticed mine starts to turn when I activate mag.

http://i2c-gps-nav.googlecode.com/fi...umentation.pdf
IceWind is offline Find More Posts by IceWind
Old Oct 14, 2012, 07:00 PM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbalat View Post

BTW any tips with the camstab - see above ? What is the difference between servo_tilt and servo_mix_tilt
I calibrate the mags with EOSbandi's WinGUI. It's more accurate than the Java version. It also has a map to view the GPS position. And it simply looks great on my Netbook.

There's only some inconsitancy in the radio section: there are a lot more flight modes displayed as "activated" but they apperently aren't (some on COM 3 or 4).
I also can't deactivate them. Changes don't get stored...

Looks like we'll have to wait for EOSBandi's v2.1.1
kinderkram is offline Find More Posts by kinderkram
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 15, 2012, 08:17 AM
100mph club member
NW O-town
Joined Jun 2005
1,653 Posts
Can someone who uses multiwii 2.1 answer me a quick question. This is the second time I've had multiwii 2.1 on my Crius Board and this behavior was present both times. When I throttle up only 1 motor spins up. Until that corner gets light on the skids, then the other motors come to life to compensate (Too late in my opinion for a smooth takeoff). When I used megapirate NG on this same board all motors spun up together very smoothly.

Anyway, is this normal behavior for multiwii?

Ultimately the quad flies like this, but it doesn't nearly lift off as smooth as megapirate. FWIW, I'm using the Criuse All In One Pro board with RCTimer 30a esc's (Simonk flashed) and 930kv motors on an f450 frame. I have calibrated everything (acc and mag in the GUI, and the ESC throttles individually using the tx throttle stick on/off procedure).
turbodriven is offline Find More Posts by turbodriven
Old Oct 15, 2012, 08:27 AM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2009
11,707 Posts
I think it has a lot to do with flying styles and what arming procedure/stick combinations are used. I personally spin up my motors slowly to give them all time to balance, then proceed with take-off.
rimshotcopter is offline Find More Posts by rimshotcopter
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:45 AM
throw new IOPilotException();
Ireland, County Dublin, Dublin
Joined Feb 2005
2,691 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbodriven View Post
Can someone who uses multiwii 2.1 answer me a quick question. This is the second time I've had multiwii 2.1 on my Crius Board and this behavior was present both times. When I throttle up only 1 motor spins up. Until that corner gets light on the skids, then the other motors come to life to compensate (Too late in my opinion for a smooth takeoff). When I used megapirate NG on this same board all motors spun up together very smoothly.

Anyway, is this normal behavior for multiwii?

Ultimately the quad flies like this, but it doesn't nearly lift off as smooth as megapirate. FWIW, I'm using the Criuse All In One Pro board with RCTimer 30a esc's (Simonk flashed) and 930kv motors on an f450 frame. I have calibrated everything (acc and mag in the GUI, and the ESC throttles individually using the tx throttle stick on/off procedure).
My first guess would be the throttle range in the ESC's is not calibrated, but you mentioned that you've done it.
You could just move that single ESC to another motors and test it.
Are you taking off in gyro or acc mode? In gyro mode they should start all at the same time or at least with very little throttle input of difference.
And make sure you run the gyro calibration right before arming the board, sometimes some movement while you still plugging the LiPo may be setting the gyro levels off.
IceWind is offline Find More Posts by IceWind
Old Oct 15, 2012, 07:29 PM
Joined Feb 2011
895 Posts
Now that we are on the topic of esc calibration again come someone point out an easy way to set throttle range on my hkss18's using version 2.1 without having to unplug everything ?

my left front motor doesnt spin at all until i throttle up then it decides to cut out while I'm flying.

I have read from page 1870 how dangerous this could be but I couldn't see how to do it the right way ?
Last edited by jbalat; Oct 16, 2012 at 02:34 AM.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 02:45 AM
Moscow, Russia
Joined May 2010
31 Posts
Flying wing ACC stabilization

I am a little bit newb to Multiwii, so, maybe my problem is related to some setup problems, but please help

Few days ago I tried my new Flying Wing with simple Multiwii board with GYROs and ACCs. What i've found is that GYRO stabilization works perfectly, but I do not see any reaction from ACCs, e.g. when I hold Aircraft rolled 45 degrees, I do not see any change in servos position comparing to 0 degrees.

What is interesting - one or two times during my 2 hours experiments I began to notice some reaction which was looking as a reaction from ACC, but: a) it was very week, only few degrees ; b) I dont see any logic, when ACC give reaction, or not
dROb is offline Find More Posts by dROb
Old Oct 16, 2012, 04:00 AM
Joined Feb 2011
895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dROb View Post
I am a little bit newb to Multiwii, so, maybe my problem is related to some setup problems, but please help

Few days ago I tried my new Flying Wing with simple Multiwii board with GYROs and ACCs. What i've found is that GYRO stabilization works perfectly, but I do not see any reaction from ACCs, e.g. when I hold Aircraft rolled 45 degrees, I do not see any change in servos position comparing to 0 degrees.

What is interesting - one or two times during my 2 hours experiments I began to notice some reaction which was looking as a reaction from ACC, but: a) it was very week, only few degrees ; b) I dont see any logic, when ACC give reaction, or not
You need to run the GUI and assign a switch to turn it on and off or click all boxes to keep it on all the time, then press calib mag button to calibrate on a flat surface